Author Topic: Future VERi bike eligibility?  (Read 44635 times)

Offline XC83

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Future VERi bike eligibility?
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2013, 02:02:27 pm »
Brucey don't let this exclude you from having fun, the majority of people don't care what age your vintage bike is.

TM Bill - not all of your argument was ridiculous, just most of it - 50 yr olds wanting to compete in a 60 yr olds class seriously? along with parking in handicapped zones, you blokes crack me up.  :)

Still no reasons why vintage enduro should be pre85? No logic, just the way its always been, its my bat and ball....... anything.......There's a book called Who stole my cheese, it would be a good read for people defending the faith. I spoil it for you sometimes cheese gets shifted but it still cheese.

Offline mustanggrahame

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2013, 02:05:56 pm »
One thing too about numbers at an event. I know it is speculation, but what if a "bring what you like as long as it is close to the rules",  actually causes a drop off in the numbers because the existing rule abiding entrants don't want to be associated with a loose interpretation of the rules. I have seen it happen with other clubs.
In Victoria the Vintage Motorcycle club was a pre42 club. Due to pressures from members to allow later bikes, first as support but then just generally accepted, the cutoff wasn't enforced. Numbers actually dropped. The Antique club was started with a more extreme cutoff of Pre30 with no exceptions and it is going great.
Cheers, Grahame
RT1, DT1F, MX100A, TY80A, YZ80D, DT125E, CR125RE, 1982 KTM125RV, 1985 Can Am ASE, 1989 YZ250WR, 1991 YZ250WR

Offline mboddy

• A-Grade
  • Canberra
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2013, 02:13:40 pm »
And exactely why you will never see me at a vinduro simple really  :) Bruce

No need to avoid Vinduro Bruce. All friendly there. The thing to avoid is OZVMX eligibility discussion.
Vinduro Penrite Team
1980 Yamaha IT125G, 1979 Yamaha IT175F, 1984 Yamaha IT200L, 1977 Yamaha IT250D and IT400D

Offline mboddy

• A-Grade
  • Canberra
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2013, 02:20:25 pm »
.. , while a stock 1986 IT200 is (about to be) rejected. ...

Why is that. Yamaha considers all IT200s to be the 43G model.
The 1986 was just a late build variant using disk brake parts that were available in some markets on the 1984 YZ125 and YZ250.
Vinduro Penrite Team
1980 Yamaha IT125G, 1979 Yamaha IT175F, 1984 Yamaha IT200L, 1977 Yamaha IT250D and IT400D

albrid-3

« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2013, 02:21:36 pm »
Whether it is VMX, Trial, vintage enduro, classic road racing, rules have all been discussed, and you will find that people will always buck the system to suit themselves.

I personally don`t care either way, I will work within the rules, if its going to shut people up, what would be a happy cut off date that will suit all and never to be changed.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 02:25:11 pm by Dave #6 »

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2013, 02:24:53 pm »
And remember at all times "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!" J

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2013, 02:27:12 pm »
For all the people who are not happy how many of you are paid up members of VERi right now?

Offline mustanggrahame

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2013, 02:30:08 pm »
Also as we have seen on this forum before (2013 post classic nationals), just because someone makes a big fuss does not necessarily mean they will be an entrant even if they get their own way.
Cheers, Grahame
RT1, DT1F, MX100A, TY80A, YZ80D, DT125E, CR125RE, 1982 KTM125RV, 1985 Can Am ASE, 1989 YZ250WR, 1991 YZ250WR

Offline XC83

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2013, 02:34:52 pm »
It's a question of what the rules are. Tell me where it says Vinduro is pre85 only? ( differentiate between rules and a particular set of club rules)

Should a few people determine what the rules are over say the Victorian govt? Should the rules be based on someone's idea of what 'vintage' means?

Perhaps more people would join VERi if things were different?

This discussion is hurting my brain.

Ne plus ultra

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2013, 02:36:39 pm »
For all the people who are not happy how many of you are paid up members of VERi right now?

I am a paid member, and im happy with what is on offer:0

I personally don't give a shit if it's pre 90 or pre 85! i just want to go for a ride!

But, I understand the reasoning behind keeping it to Pre 85.

Cheers

Nada
Honda is the only way to roll!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2013, 02:46:25 pm »
.. , while a stock 1986 IT200 is (about to be) rejected. ...

Why is that. Yamaha considers all IT200s to be the 43G model.
The 1986 was just a late build variant using disk brake parts that were available in some markets on the 1984 YZ125 and YZ250.

Because of the front disc, which is not a pre-85 carry-over part.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2013, 02:53:47 pm »

I'm not unhappy, I just think that taking a hard line on eligibility is going to be counter productive.
I'm already a member of two 'old dirt bike' clubs and one modern club.
My enthusiasm for supporting VERi by joining, is significantly diminished by what appears to be a desire to shoot themselves in the foot...
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2013, 03:00:53 pm »
One thing too about numbers at an event. I know it is speculation, but what if a "bring what you like as long as it is close to the rules",  actually causes a drop off in the numbers because the existing rule abiding entrants don't want to be associated with a loose interpretation of the rules. I have seen it happen with other clubs.
In Victoria the Vintage Motorcycle club was a pre42 club. Due to pressures from members to allow later bikes, first as support but then just generally accepted, the cutoff wasn't enforced. Numbers actually dropped. The Antique club was started with a more extreme cutoff of Pre30 with no exceptions and it is going great.
Cheers, Grahame

Fair point. In this case, though, our baseline is allowing small number of not-quite-eligible bikes to participate (and has been the case since the very first Aussie Vinduro - I have literally never been to a Vinduro where there weren't too-new bikes participating).
If the VMCC exmaple holds true, then we'd expect a rise in entrants once the post-84 bikes are excluded.

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2013, 04:03:09 pm »
So we have 2 VERi members myself and Nada at this point we were asked to put a line in the sand pre85 is the line in the sand I'm sorry that is doesn't suit some but thats what the VERi club is for Pre 85 Enduro bikes the three or four of you that want pre 90 are welcome to start your own club with your own rules to be administered as you see fit. You are all articulate and I am  sure that you are more than capable of getting a club up and running.
Steve Baker

Offline the stig

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2013, 04:26:52 pm »
So we have 2 VERi members myself and Nada at this point we were asked to put a line in the sand pre85 is the line in the sand I'm sorry that is doesn't suit some but thats what the VERi club is for Pre 85 Enduro bikes the three or four of you that want pre 90 are welcome to start your own club with your own rules to be administered as you see fit. You are all articulate and I am  sure that you are more than capable of getting a club up and running.
Steve Baker

And that's the way it should be make it Pre 85 Enduro bikes with a Factory Compliance plate
     on it and be Road legal only No converted Motor X Bikes.
     They should also only be made to use trials Universal or dot Tyres in Endoro events.
     Classic Sramble have there rules. as do Classic Road Race and Vintage Trials.
     Nathan you have been pushing your Pre 90 thought for 4 years on Every Motor Cycle
     Forum in Australia what part of Pre 85 Enduro don't you get..

The  Stig