Author Topic: Future VERi bike eligibility?  (Read 44614 times)

albrid-3

Re: Future VERi bike eligibility?
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2013, 04:51:33 pm »
I spoke with drakeford, my membership will sent this week.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 04:55:07 pm by Dave #6 »

« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2013, 04:52:34 pm »
I had a ball on as "converted MX bike" this year that was a one owner bike. In speaking to him he used to compete in many local club enduro's on it in the mid eighties..

I wonder what he would think about the nostalgic celebration of him riding these type of bikes back in the day known as Vinduro actually refusing him entry because his  isn't eligible.

The Harrow event is so awesome and so are the organizers!! I repect VERI's decision on the event being Pre85 as it is theirs to make.

The bigger issue I have is the rego that will be needed for next year.

albrid-3

« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2013, 04:54:36 pm »
So we have 2 VERi members myself and Nada at this point we were asked to put a line in the sand pre85 is the line in the sand I'm sorry that is doesn't suit some but thats what the VERi club is for Pre 85 Enduro bikes the three or four of you that want pre 90 are welcome to start your own club with your own rules to be administered as you see fit. You are all articulate and I am  sure that you are more than capable of getting a club up and running.
Steve Baker

And that's the way it should be make it Pre 85 Enduro bikes with a Factory Compliance plate
     on it and be Road legal only No converted Motor X Bikes.
     They should also only be made to use trials Universal or dot Tyres in Endoro events.
     Classic Sramble have there rules. as do Classic Road Race and Vintage Trials.
     Nathan you have been pushing your Pre 90 thought for 4 years on Every Motor Cycle
     Forum in Australia what part of Pre 85 Enduro don't you get..

HERE, HERE, This is the word of the lord.

albrid-3

« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2013, 04:57:35 pm »
to be precise, enduro bike came from Motocross bikes in the beginning.

TM BILL

« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2013, 05:01:36 pm »
Brucey don't let this exclude you from having fun, the majority of people don't care what age your vintage bike is.

Cool i have a 2006 YZ250F that old thing is 7 yrs old now , i will strap a headlight on and come to your next event  :)

TM Bill - not all of your argument was ridiculous, just most of it - 50 yr olds wanting to compete in a 60 yr olds class seriously? along with parking in handicapped zones, you blokes crack me up.  :)

No more ridiculous than wanting to ride a newer bike than what the event caters for  ;)

Still no reasons why vintage enduro should be pre85? No logic, just the way its always been, its my bat and ball....... anything.......There's a book called Who stole my cheese, it would be a good read for people defending the faith. I spoil it for you sometimes cheese gets shifted but it still cheese.

Absolutley correct , but if event organisers choose a 1985 cut off why cant people respect that and buy an apropriate ride  rather than try than say fork it they can change to suit me

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2013, 05:35:34 pm »
So we have 2 VERi members myself and Nada at this point we were asked to put a line in the sand pre85 is the line in the sand I'm sorry that is doesn't suit some but thats what the VERi club is for Pre 85 Enduro bikes the three or four of you that want pre 90 are welcome to start your own club with your own rules to be administered as you see fit. You are all articulate and I am  sure that you are more than capable of getting a club up and running.
Steve Baker

And that's the way it should be make it Pre 85 Enduro bikes with a Factory Compliance plate
     They should also only be made to use trials Universal or dot Tyres in Endoro events.
     Nathan you have been pushing your Pre 90 thought for 4 years on Every Motor Cycle

The  Stig

Read again: This is not me pushing for pre-90 Vinduros, it's about the problems that a zero-tolerance approach to the pre-85 rule will bring.

We've all got our vision of exactly what the perfect Vinduro would be.
The real challenge for VERi is to find the vision that is acceptable to the greatest number of people, and is workable.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 05:41:17 pm by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2013, 05:56:28 pm »

I dont like to get invovle  My two Bobs worth about the  Pre 1985 Rule     

Why dont  Bloke Build Bike to the Rules ! ! ! !  (Pre 1985 )

Why do Bloke  Want to Change the Rule to sute there Bike  ! ! ! !(Pre 1990)

Why dont thay  Join a Club that offers what you want .

if do not like what Veri offer then try Heaven or Vipe ,QVMX  or MX90

Dennis
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 06:14:37 pm by oz555ktm »
And Please forgive me as I cant Spell for Shit ...
And I have very Bad Gramer ...too I been told ......

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2013, 06:00:55 pm »
Steve Baker

The  Stig

No MX bikes. Correct me if I am wrong. I recall seeing more CR, RM, YZ in enduros in the 70's than trail bikes

Trials tyres only. So you will volunteer to push all these bikes up the first greasy hill then.

Classic Scrambles have their rules. That they do, but they don't turn away IT Yamahas, XR Hondas, XC, WR Huskys, KDX, KLX Kawasakis, GS Maicos, PE Suzukis

By all means make it Pre 85 if you wish but the rest of your recommendation is ridiculous
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2013, 07:40:46 pm »

Why dont thay  Join a Club that offers what you want .

if do not like what Veri offer then try Heaven or Vipe ,QVMX  or MX90

Dennis

There is no club offering pre-90 Vinduros, and the entire Vinduro market isn't big enough to support two dedicated Vinduro clubs (so the old "go start your own club" line isn't reasonable).

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline mboddy

• A-Grade
  • Canberra
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2013, 08:46:19 pm »
Because of the front disc, which is not a pre-85 carry-over part.

I have documentation that it is ok. Will show you when I see you next.
Vinduro Penrite Team
1980 Yamaha IT125G, 1979 Yamaha IT175F, 1984 Yamaha IT200L, 1977 Yamaha IT250D and IT400D

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2013, 09:00:30 pm »
Hey, just because Veri draws a line in the sand doesn't mean a promoting club will enforce it... no competition/ no finger pointing...

any club wants bikes on the track so if someone shows up on an old dunger with a shiny disc brake on the front, im not that fussed by it. just because he can stop a bit better doesn't worry me in the least.... ill have an excuse ;D

trials tyres :o im not buying another set of tyres.... these ones are over a year old now and just run in....

Offline KB171

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2013, 09:13:16 pm »
 There's a great website for Vinduro discussions like this ,that maybe a good place to insert this debat into  ;) 
                 http://www.endurobiketalk.com/forum/

Offline Yamahaha

• B-Grade
  • Melbourne Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2013, 09:22:49 pm »
Seems a lot of guys enjoy the forum side of the sport to actually riding: I'm the other sort. And I will continue to ride my 79 yz400 at these events until I am told to get knicked because it makes a far better enduro bike than most enduro bikes. Don't get me wrong I have three ITs as well but a converted mxer is a better ride hence why the entry lists in the late 70s and 80s were littered with them. And why I race offroad now on a yz450 not my Wr.
YZ 250 modern, YZ 125G, YZ 125E, IT 400D, IT 175G x 2, YZ 400F CR250re,  2012 yz450fse Service Honda CR500AF.   Viper #73

EBT

« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2013, 09:50:13 pm »
Steve Baker

I fully agree with you Steve, I became a VERi member pretty much as soon as I heard about it, thinking I was in fast then only to find out I was member #39  :o  now it seems there is heaps more than that, I guess the Vinduro Pre 85 is something most are keen for.

I love Pre 85 Vinduro, but will also be happy to buy a bike to suit Pre 90, Pre 95 etc  events just as soon as these Pre what ever guys get there own club-events happening  ;D

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2013, 09:51:58 pm »
There's a great website for Vinduro discussions like this ,that maybe a good place to insert this debat into  ;) 
                 http://www.endurobiketalk.com/forum/

You get banned for having an opinion on that forum. Trust me it's happened to myself and others several times. In the end I resigned on stress leave. Spent my time more constructively with my mates Paul, Linda and Wings and wrote a great song about it called "Banned On the Forum". ;D
Let's face it some dirt bikes were never meant to be ridden.