Author Topic: 2011 VMX Nationals  (Read 204710 times)

All Things 414

Re: 2011 VMX Nationals
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2010, 07:02:38 PM »
apparently the Vic's are backing them up....shit, they couldnt even turn up to there nationals a couple of months ago AND they had to get a ROADRACE club to hold it!!!..... they didnt even bother to come and watch.....gutless....

Because VMX down here is so big mate that we had two really worth-while things happening both weeks before the Nats ok. I mean really good things where you can ride and race your heart out at each all day long. As opposed to going to a piss weak Nationals so clutterered that you get one three lap ride each day for three days and spend a zillion dollars to have the privilage!

rambling, I hope I havent upset to many people

Yes me you Moron. I'm a bit fed up with you using this as a platform for your rantings about Vic's
[/size]
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 07:06:03 PM by All Things 414 »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2010, 07:49:50 PM »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2010, 07:55:24 PM »
look, the Vic Nats were set-up to fail because of the 3 events being run one week apart. I think that is accepted fact, if only 2 submissions were recieved by MA, they are the only options that will be consider, 1 being QLD and the 1 from a pre 75 club in WA. I cant see how anyone feels they can be hard done by with due process at hand, if you or your club didnt go back to your State bodies with submissions you need to go look in the mirror.

Overall this is a big step forward for VMX, pre 78 is a sticking point and feel maybe it could float between events, if a pre 75 club is running the Nats it shouldnt be forced on them, it can move into the post classic for that year, is that so hard to accept.

Age group racing for Evo is huge for the class.

A lot of positives can and will come from these changes , but to those on the sideline just give it a rest as we all have had a chance to go back to the clubs, Pre 85 came about from 1 individual in QLD supported by his club and submitted to MA, and the rest is history, thanks Holeshot ;)

Cheers Trev

« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 08:05:07 PM by worms »

« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2010, 08:35:52 PM »
Overall this is a big step forward for VMX, pre 78 is a sticking point and feel maybe it could float between events, if a pre 75 club is running the Nats it shouldnt be forced on them, it can move into the post classic for that year, is that so hard to accept
Good point.

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2010, 08:50:41 PM »
Nice work, DaveyCrocket, very calm and thoughtful, and not in the least offensive : can't wait to t-bone you at a downhill hairpin, as befitting a retard... ::)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2010, 08:53:47 PM »
the classic scramble club was offered to run the Nationals this years,but it was knocked back at the last AGM Meeting by the members.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 09:50:02 PM by DAVID#46 »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2010, 08:54:51 PM »
... if a pre 75 club is running the Nats it shouldnt be forced on them,

How would it 'hurt' any club? What's the argument against it, even from the pre-75 only guys in WA?
Same track, more riders and a grand total of three more races/round.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2010, 10:58:46 PM »
Tossa- that isn't correct - MA received more than just from the VMXWA club - from WA.

cheers

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2010, 11:04:17 PM »
wasn't aware of other submissions from other clubs
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2010, 11:16:39 PM »
Over all I think the amount of submissions were bit lame...though I do thank those that did submit documentation/correspondence.
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2010, 12:03:05 AM »
When did submissions have to be in by? for 2011 nats? im guessing now ???. Its has only been a couple months since 2010 nats and already the 2011 nats have to be decided on. I have no issue with that its just that it sounds like the 2011 nats have been up for discussion for a few weeks to maybe a month and as of now it needs to be decided on when the last one has only just finished, so thats maybe why not many clubs have put a submission in as everyone has been winding down from the 2010 nats. If this is how far out the nats have to be pre planned/confirmed/booked then i reckon there needs to be more discussion on the 2012 nats a lot earlier to well and truely give clubs some more time to think about/plan a submission rather than last minute desperate call outs for a club to host the nats to meet the submission deadline. I realize the 2011 one will be different because of the split but once thats sorted maybe people need to be thinking further ahead to the 2012 nats a lot earlier this time?. Do submissions for each nats have to be in by may/june every year? if that is so then i reckon that thoughts/discussions on the 2012 nats need to be well under way by the start of 2011 so theres plenty of time to get things worked out for submissions to be in for the 2012 nats by may/june 2011. There may have been things going on behind the scenes for the 2011 nats i dont know, but it has only seemed like 2 months allowance on here to find a club to hold the nats. To me it seems like a better idea if the nats are held 3/4 of the way through the year around, spring time. Then after that years nats are run then there is at least a good 6 months of time for planning and getting the word out there to potential host clubs to get a submission in before closing date for the next years nats. I dont know its just my thoughts on trying to come up with a reason as to why there has been very few submissions.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 12:05:00 AM by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2010, 08:29:15 AM »
When did submissions have to be in by? Beginning May for 2011 nats? im guessing now ???. Its has only been a couple months since 2010 nats and already the 2011 nats have to be decided on.Yep the members/riders of clubs(you and I) have to submit at club level I have no issue with that its just that it sounds like the 2011 nats have been up for discussion for a few weeks to maybe a month and as of now it needs to be decided on when the last one has only just finished, so thats maybe why not many clubs have put a submission in as everyone has been winding down from the 2010 nats.(Clubs receive correspondence and know exactly when and whats happening as mentioned above, its you and I that request our clubs to hold a Nats) If this is how far out the nats have to be pre planned/confirmed/booked then i reckon there needs to be more discussion on the 2012 nats(do it now ) a lot earlier to well and truely give clubs some more time to think about/plan a submission rather than last minute desperate call outs for a club to host the nats to meet the submission deadline. I realize the 2011 one will be different because of the split but once thats sorted maybe people need to be thinking further ahead to the 2012 nats a lot earlier this time?Yes. Do submissions for each nats have to be in by may/june every year? if that is so then i reckon that thoughts/discussions on the 2012 nats need to be well under way by the start of 2011 so theres plenty of time to get things worked out for submissions to be in for the 2012 nats by may/june 2011. There may have been things going on behind the scenes for the 2011 nats i dont know, but it has only seemed like 2 months allowance on here to find a club to hold the nats. To me it seems like a better idea if the nats are held 3/4 of the way through the year around, spring time. Then after that years nats are run then there is at least a good 6 months of time for planning and getting the word out there to potential host clubs to get a submission in before closing date for the next years nats. I dont know its just my thoughts on trying to come up with a reason as to why there has been very few submissions.Its hard work running a Nats and some just dont do Nationals

cheers  8)
Its starts with you- then the club-then Sate Controlling Body (ie MWA,MNSW,MSA etc) then it gets sent off to
http://www.ma.org.au/index.php?id=125
Best is in the West !!

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #117 on: May 19, 2010, 08:53:18 AM »
Years ago , MA always anounced  next years venue at the presentation straight  after the event .

That was a good idea.

Its hard work running a Nats and some just dont do Nationals

I thought of that reason too. I guess its just getting too much like hard work these days?. I think that when the split occurs that will hopefully allow the nats to be 2 days only which will reduce the amount of days clubs need to get marshals for and reduce the amount of days people have to take off work.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2010, 09:12:48 AM »
Logically, Easter would be 'the' weekend to do these events and 'logically' it would be best to split them into their groups as stated above.
As time goes on I think that no one will want to 'race' their rigid frames and pre units etc... as they will become far too valuable, and so they will ride HBBC etc... in demos.
It appears that since the advent of HBBC this has all gone to shit so we need to divi up and move on and race at Easter but with our chosen era of transport.

firko

« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2010, 09:50:15 AM »
Over all I think the amount of submissions were bit lame...
What do you base "a bit lame" on Alison? I believe that the submission quota was strong and most vintage friendly states offered submissions.