Author Topic: 2009 qvmx sunshine coast mcc vintage nationals update  (Read 107505 times)

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 qvmx sunshine coast mcc vintage nationals update
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2009, 08:26:58 PM »
Rusty were Coffs Harbour and Tassie over 3 days or 2?  The last Nats i did was over 2 days and 4 or 5 laps.. can't remember exactly.

« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2009, 08:36:12 PM »
Coffs was three days and three laps

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2009, 09:06:43 PM »
Three laps is good ,
Shouldn't get lapped hopefully ;D
Noel

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2009, 01:26:10 AM »
my entry went in late but i'm in for 2 classes and will have a 3rd bike there with someone else on it.
it's my first National event and although i'm not too excited about the 3 lap bizo, it's an event i've been working towards for a long time. the biggest pisser for me would be a dnf.
but even thats better than a dns.
heres one bloke thats looking forward to it without the bull.
i'll see all the "good" folk there :)
"flat bickie"

STW996

« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2009, 06:08:53 AM »
Brad, 3 laps it will be as the track length will make it around a 7 and a half minute race, if you do the numbers on 10 minutes plus a lap it would work out at around 9 hours per round based on the number of events that "could be" run.

The Sunshine Coast club have designed a "maximum" length track (around 2 and a half minutes) so I would think it will be good value (good value as in good track)

Remember everyone this is a national event and not a club day the cost of putting on an event this size is quite large and a lot of infrastructure and costs are required.

On the point of the nationals, you are going to see the best riders in Australia that ride vintage and post vintage so it is an event just not a ride day. I for one am looking forward to watching as much as I will be racing.

The event is set to be a great weekend and we still have at least 170 rides and 375 bikes and growing which makes for excellent fields and some great racing and that is what an Australian championship is all about don't you think?

Shane

« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 06:17:48 AM by STW996 »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2009, 10:14:32 AM »
Quote from: firko on July 07, 2009, 11:33:08 PM
What happened to all of the sidecars that were at CD6? Very disapointing.
Quote from Wasp :My entry is in . The problem is , some are not allowed to enter , due to ASA politics  Wink  just wundering when MA is going to do something about that . Where is your entry VMX 247? Wink

:D :D.. I love how you edit your posts Wasp---The entry is in.(it was sent in May)Got a text message from Nats Race Sec on the phone--Thanks to Robin from Shoreline MC for the loan  :-*
 MB Racing Promoter Alison  ;)
Bring on more Pre 65 entries or they will be chasing there own shadows.  :P

« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 06:11:59 PM by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

TM BILL

« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2009, 11:11:44 AM »
Im sure it will be a great event and im looking forward to it  :) I am very fortunate to have a lot of support from mates over there who are making it possible for me to ride these Nats  :) thanks fellas :)

Thanks to the sunshine club and all the event Sponsors for making the event happen.

I would prefer Brads format though as one three lap race per day per class doesn't do it for me . I would prefer 15 or 20 minute races  but i suppose thats not possible with so many classes .

I can understand but dont agree with holding open entries for another ten days why did the rest of us silly Bastards enter on time  ???

firko

« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2009, 11:32:53 AM »
I've been asked to do some announcing at the Conondale Nats and to make my job a tad easier and to help the spectators get to know a bit about you, I'd love it if you guys (and gals) who are racing could write up a little bio about yourselves and PM it to me over the next couple of weeks or print something up and give it to me at Conondale.

Some of the info I'd like would be:::::
* Your Racing history including any championships, big events or special achievments in motocross. greatest rival etc.
* Something about your off track activities...Job, family, nickname, other sports, gaol time served (optional  ;D)
*A little about your bike(s). make/model, Modifications, previous history etc.

I reckon that by passing on a bit of information about you to the spectators it contributes to the 'entertainment factor' of the event and adds a more professional overall vibe. It also fills those 'awkward' periods between races and helps to drum up interest in the race. Thanks for the help (in advance) ;)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 11:41:24 AM by firko »

STW996

« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2009, 11:34:59 AM »
TM Bill can see your points.

Events with so many classes will always have problems and issues with "down time" (waiting).

On the entry point, official entries closed on the 1st of July but entries were still able to be taken, we have just desided to wave the late fee at this point in time thats all. Note also that to help people in some classes that at this point in time do not have enough entries to run the class, it was this or send back entries to those people without at least trying to drum up numbers and that is helping the guys that pre-entered wouldn't you think?? and it seems to be working for (at least) the sidecars from the posts I am reading.

Get that Brad to make a couple more of his bikes available for you mate, he still has that 480 and 500 that no one is riding (I think)

Shane

TM BILL

« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2009, 11:52:02 AM »
Shane this will be my 3rd event at Connondale in a year  :) it is i believe the best VMX track iv'e ridden anywhere and i cant wait  :)

Iv'e entered 5 classes riding Mine , Brads , Basils and Dodgees bikes , Brads offered me a Pre 86 bike to but i think 5 will be enough  :)

Counting down the sleeps and trying to get a bit of pre event riding in over here
Anyone sitting on the fence reading this get your entry in NOW
the club will put on a fanastic event and in my opinion the track is very friendly to all eras .

Dont make excuses just do it  ;) If a broken arse Towie from NZ can make it ( with a lot of help from some good mates ) im sure some more of you blokes can .

I dont believe in regret but im still pissed with myself for not getting to Tassie last year  ::) If you miss out you will be sorry down the track  ;)

STW996

« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2009, 12:42:30 PM »
Yeah mate you have the commitment to the cause alright and a Conondale nut to boot!!

Re the practice riding I must say, after looking at the shots you post on the net of that lovely country side you ride on over there makes me a bit envious.

See you in less than 30 days

Shane

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2009, 03:43:11 PM »
Just sitting & reading through all the coments & 1 thing came up a few times was about CD & nats at the same place only a few weeks apart. Anouther thing was do you want to race or ride. Just an idea I had was for the future. Why not combine CD with Nats say over 4 days or somthing. What do you think Firko. Just an idea. Now I will sit back & wait for the finger waving & crap to be thrown at me for what I think COULD work. NOT saying it would work but it might.

firko

« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2009, 04:06:10 PM »
It's a fair idea BA but the big problem is time allocation. Presuming you chose Conondale for your CD-Nats a week apart experiment it'd be little worry for southern Queenslanders but to expect those from the southern states to give up 2 weeks of their time along with the expences involved is a big ask.

MA in a fit of cashing in is going to do that exact thing next year with the Honda Bonanza to be held at Broadford over Easter followed a week later by the Nats at the same venue. It'll be interesting to see just how many interstaters opt to stay over after the Bonanza. Short of taking annual leave it becomes an expensive operation.....not to mention being away from family for a fortnight or even harder, dragging them along. Times are tough right now and most vintage racers are working men with very little spare cash to attend these events. I doubt your (and MAs)plan would work purely for financial reasons.

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2009, 04:18:49 PM »
Not over 2 weeks just over say 4 days.Easter would be perfect like it use to be when I raced the Nats. Chances of getting easter again are non I know. But say CD demos Friday Nats & CD displays  Sat, Sun & Monday. Maybe even combine the CD rides among the racing period. I havent been to CD. So I dont know the formate. But if they could be combined in some way they would feed of each outher.

firko

« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2009, 04:30:11 PM »
You'd never fit it into a CD weekend. It's too full on. CD and the Nats have nothing in common other than the age of the bikes being used.