Author Topic: 2009 qvmx sunshine coast mcc vintage nationals update  (Read 111286 times)

firko

Re: 2009 qvmx sunshine coast mcc vintage nationals update
« Reply #120 on: July 09, 2009, 04:33:08 pm »
I'm having trouble coming to grips with the concept that a number of prominant Queensland racers (and others) aren't racing at the Nats because they don't like the three lap, one race per day format. With an average of 7 1/2 minutes per race I reckon that's plenty on such a cool track. It's been 3 laps for the last few Nats to my memory so if it's OK for a bloke like Geoff Ballard who's more comfortable with being in the saddle for 6 days to race a 3 lap screamer in a number of classes and the 20 West Aussies travelling clear accross Australia to compete I reckon the blokes who have used the format as an excuse not to race are soft cocks and not the dedicated vintage racers they think they are. They're letting down the QVMX, The Sunshine Coast club, their fellow racers and most of all the sport as a whole by being big sooks.

I just don't get it.

« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2009, 04:41:37 pm »
Thanks for clearing that up Shane. I knew it wouldn't be as easy as i suggested but had to ask. I was always there no matter what. I am looking forward to it.
Cheers,
Trophy Hunter! 

magoo

« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2009, 04:50:32 pm »
I've been following this thread with interest over the last couple of days and I'm stunned, though not surprised, at what I'm reading. There will be over 200 entries come race day, that's fine I reckon. You'll notice that there are a lot of Victorians coming up for the Nats though very few (11) were at CD 6. It's obvious that most people who had to travel a long way decided to pick one or the other, not both. CD6 was a blast, the Nats will be equally as good only quite different. It is what it is so what say we stop complaining and just get on with it.

Offline DR500

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2009, 05:52:24 pm »
Hope it is going to be a great weekend,as i have just had the rear wheel rebuilt on the DR,with 3 broken spokes after my success'ful attempt at clearing drunks hill at cd6!! Russell if you see that Harvey bloke,tell him,Tony said he  wants a refund!! 28 years for spokes is not good enough.Cheers,

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2009, 07:46:36 pm »
Hi All,
Cant wait not long now there is 5 or 6 riders coming up from Tassie, me included looking forward to catching up with a few old mates I have meet over the years and having a few drinks. I hope the track is as good as I have heard and the pictures you guys have posted.
Would be great If the race sec or someone from the club could confirm my entry and racing details are ok,so as I can make my final preperations
Also Our club offered to sponsor a race, class or trophy ,firstly I contacted the race sec by email and I also the Vic President of the club but I didnt get any reply. Our club held the nats in Tassie last year and know how much sponsorship helps. The offer still stands if someone can contact me soon. Our club has sponsored a race every year for the last 3 nats and would like to continue.my email address is [email protected]

Cheers
Fatboy

Shane Fraser
President
Launceston Motocross and Scramble Club.
(formerly Tas Scramble Club)

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2009, 08:23:08 pm »
There seem to have been several murmurings of discontent about Rachael's willingness to return attempted communications, perhaps a spot of delegation may help : Australia's BLOODY big, and many of those wishing to travel from afar need plenty of info/updates/assistance/reassurance, and now is not the time to have lines of communication go quiet....not a criticism, merely an observation...thoughts and support are all positive your way, from all corners of our big brown land, all the best for the nats, and to all fence-sitters, particularly QLD residents, PLEASE get off your clackers and enter for Conondale !! ;)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 08:30:34 pm by GD66 »
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

STW996

« Reply #126 on: July 10, 2009, 06:01:50 am »
Hi GD66, I believe that final instructions are to go out within the next week or so and I will do a post on the forum when this happens, so if you don't receive them you can PM me. I have nothing to do with the commitee but I am lending a hand to them as they are all a bit knee deep in it at this point in time formulating the format (race order) and doing finals.

FBR, I have sent you an email re the sponsoring of classes and contact me back when you can.

I am working through the club president so as to give him a bit more time to organise as we also have a club event next weekend that they are trying to have in place at short notice because of a couple of cancelled meets due to weather we have had in the past months.

Shane

magoo

« Reply #127 on: July 10, 2009, 08:20:41 pm »
Hey Shane, looks like you've baffled them with facts, they've gone quiet!!

STW996

« Reply #128 on: July 11, 2009, 07:19:52 am »
No mate all the boy's have just realised that they have lees than 4 weeks to get ready and the WA boys less than three!!

Offline dt tas

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 11, 2009, 09:07:24 pm »
hi all i am with fatboy not heard a thing back since sent entry in still do not know what numbers to put on bike or have been accepted .bike to be loaded ready to go in 18 days for long trip north from tassie .i have every thing  booked and paid for hope i have not wasted my money cheers

« Reply #130 on: July 11, 2009, 10:15:12 pm »
hi all i am with fatboy not heard a thing back since sent entry in still do not know what numbers to put on bike or have been accepted .bike to be loaded ready to go in 18 days for long trip north from tassie .i have every thing  booked and paid for hope i have not wasted my money cheers

I entered online and had confirmation of events and riding number at least a month ago.

albrid-3

« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2009, 12:01:46 am »
I am very excited about racing at the Nationals this year, it has been a long time for me, l am not fit, but don`t care, just what to be their and sock up the atmosphere, l will be racing my CZ which will be good, the bike is a ripper, an excellent orignial classic bike it is for sale if any body wish to purchase a very good clean race bike I am replacing it for a new project which has been purchased from the States. any inquiries contact me.

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2009, 02:33:54 pm »
Hey Brad,

I have been trying to find that info on the Nominate site,How do you get it or what section do you go to,

« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2009, 06:13:06 pm »
You wont find it there. I was emailed by Rachael Hern Who is the race secretary. I would say that i had the confirmation before things got hectic as i entered early.
 [email protected]

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2009, 07:17:00 pm »
me to  -I entered as soon as and I think I had my confirmation 5-6 weeks ago now.''est try and call I think.

cheers

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica