Author Topic: 2009 qvmx sunshine coast mcc vintage nationals update  (Read 111285 times)

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 qvmx sunshine coast mcc vintage nationals update
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2009, 01:21:42 pm »
I'll sum it up for you all then... Bureaucracy, politics and Scruitinazi's.
With respect Darren, have you ever raced or even been to the Nats? I forking doubt it as your post shows a total ignorance of the actual way things operate. Like I've said in a previous post I've been to 15 out of 18 Nats, have been a "scrutinazi" and have rarely seen anything like you've described. What I have seen is a lot of riders having a lot of fun racing the best in their class. The scrutineering has had it's moments from time to time but what would you prefer, an open slather with no class restrictions? Like everything in life, we need set standards to operate under. You're a successful businessman and I'm certain your products are built to specific industry and governmental standards. It's the same in our sport, we need those standards to adhere to to make sure the system works for everyone.

I think you're basing your opinion on some paranoid and pedantic rule nit picking on this forum.  Most of the rulebook pedancy has been fed by inquisitive newbys and cyber racers with nothing better to do than create hyperthetical rulebook situations that have SFA to do with the real world. The stuff on this forum has zero to do with what really happens.

Ok fair enough I may well be wrong and admit I have a real problem with club politics due to the shit that went down in my own club over the years which eventually caused it to fold. Basically why I just stay away from events completely.
Last thing I want is to see any vintage events demise, apologies if I offended anyone... and I certainly wasn't trying to offend you Mark.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 01:24:00 pm by E74 »

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2009, 01:30:06 pm »
Tassie had 125 entries with 223 bikes.

I actually don't think it is so big an issue here as to what numbers are turning up by it would be interesting to see what percentage of people "racing" are racers or "older" guys out for a ride aka who prefers Nats to CD.  Not asking for a poll or anything but there has been much discussion about whether  NATS (and not pointing at this one) are set up for the few guys at the pointy end and dont worry about the rest that make it up - and out "movement" tends to maybe be the opposite.  There has been lots of discussion about this.  As to the chairs - there was also lots of discussion about it before Tassie and there ended up being none!

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2009, 01:32:49 pm »
I'll sum it up for you all then... Bureaucracy, politics and Scruitinazi's.

I think you're basing your opinion on some paranoid and pedantic rule nit picking on this forum.  Most of the rulebook pedancy has been fed by inquisitive newbys and cyber racers with nothing better to do than create hyperthetical rulebook situations that have SFA to do with the real world. The stuff on this forum has zero to do with what really happens.

You are probably right, I just shut up now.... ::)

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2009, 04:03:04 pm »
HI ,
 Didn't anyone  count the number of Pre 65 bikes at CD6 that tried out the track to be used at the Nationals ? quite a few used the the "Pre 70 track" , I only saw one pre65 bike on the "main" track,
I'll bet you cant guess who that  was , here's a hint, it was a 650 Triumph Metisse and the his initials are M B.
I'm doing my bit.
I dont think the low numbers are about the Organisation , the Officials or the the Scutineers, but I  know some aren't riding because of the" Modern"  track.  I will be.

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2009, 04:07:22 pm »
It would appear that the MA rules are responsible for the 1 race a day format and not the clubs decision the clubs appear to just be running the event to MA guide lines,this is something that needs to be reviewed by the relevant Sub Committee especially if it is hindering entries for this event and future National events,

There's a good chance the economic climate is having effect on riders decisions to enter and the fact that CD 6 at the same venue might have also impacted the entries some may have thought one or the other throw in a $150.00 entry fee and it is understandable why entries might be down,

There are quite a few variables,what needs consideration at Club and Sub committee level is we should get this format right for the future,it seems like the correct way would be to run the pre 75 stuff all on the first day while the track is in it's best condition then the later models should run the following days when the track has cut up a bit,it gives riders options to head off home after the class has finished and also riders can have that extra time for travel there and back especially if there coming from interstate,just some thoughts.

firko

« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2009, 04:16:50 pm »
Last thing I want is to see any vintage events demise, apologies if I offended anyone... and I certainly wasn't trying to offend you Mark.
No hard feelings at all Darren.  I get extremely defensive when people throw stones at the event that I initiated back in 1992. Myself, Geoff Eldridge and Brian Clarke had to move mountains to convince MA that our sport was worthy of its own national championship. We were proved right and the event grew to the point that during the mid 90s it was the biggest motocross event period whether modern or vintage, in Australia. The Nats means a lot to me.

I can understand why you felt so strongly when there is so much negative discussion on the forum regarding this rule or that rule. Although I've often dived head first into the online " discussions" regarding the rules, sometimes I felt like shaking somebody when bullshit like the recent footpeg discussion keep going on and on for page after page. It does no good when outsiders see the pedantic crap that goes on, allowing the overtly misinformed to confuse everybody over what had never previously been a problem, the end result being that the rule remains the same as it has since our rulebook has been written. Because everyone was going of over what was a silly little thing, people like you that are new to the Nats format interpet from the discussion that the scrutineers are out to try and find a way to stop us from racing when in fact the opposite is the case.

Most of the pedancy and frivolous protesting I've seen over 20 years has been from racers protesting fellow racers, forcing the eligibility scrutineers to act on a situation they'd rather not have to. Some of those protests have been well supported because a rider had been caught blatatantly cheating but most are frivolous and petty pieces of rulebook waving that cause nothing but angst for all concerned. Thankfully however, these pedants can be counted on half of your hand leaving the other 99.9% of competitors to enjoy themselves without a hint of "rule nazi'' activity. I've scrutineered 4 Nationals and from memory have only excluded three bikes from competing in their entered class because of ilegalities. Ask Drakie, Tanner or any of the others National level scrutineers and I'm sure they'll they'll give you a similar figure.

Even though my VMX enjoyment is based around Classic Dirt these days, I'm adament that the Nationals remain the icon event it deserves to be. I reckon the Conondale Nats has the potential to be one of the best ever and would hope that we can get a few more starters. What about you for a start Darren?

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2009, 04:19:07 pm »
Wasp,

What I am saying is the option is there,of course there will be riders that spend the whole week end,but put it this way if a rider was having difficulty taking extra time off and this was a reason he did not enter then theres a good chance if he had another option he might not be lost to the event,

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2009, 04:22:42 pm »
Wasp,

Oh yea there's probably no reason why you could not have a presentation at the end of each day for the winning riders?

STW996

« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2009, 04:44:02 pm »

PS.
The problem is , some are not allowed to enter , due to ASA politics
What kind of bullshit is this? Is it true? I was aware that there was some bad blood among the chair fraternity but being prevented from entering seems a bit Nazi to me. If it is true, you sidecar blokes need to hang your head in shame.

Thats was 100% the case for Tassie and documented and I know for a fact that people where disencouraged again this year also , with claiming to run their own "titles" instead.
But MA just sits there and let it happen.
[/quote]

Hey in this case in was a condition of the organising club getting the nationals that Sidecars (had) to be included in all of the entry process.

I don't know why people have a problem with sidecars (I mean I would never ride on one or ride one myself) but I do like to watch them in action and hope to do so this year as well.

I like to also read Firko's posts as the bloke has seen it all and is one of the reasons why VMX is strong in Australia as he stands up for what he believes in and will still be around when a lot of us have moved on!! keep it coming Firko ;)
Shane

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2009, 04:46:14 pm »
Hi
what I would really like in my  lifetime is World Peace , an end to World Poverty and Hunger , and for all you IDIOTS to move on and never mention CZ hubs rivetted or bolted sprockets ever again. ITS OVER,
MOVE ON.  

firko

« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2009, 04:52:14 pm »
Was Walter getting a little close to home Michael? Very rude calling people idiots.

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2009, 05:13:56 pm »
Hi
just between you and me , and don't tell anyone else , my CZ rear hub wasn't made before 1965'
oh yes , upper case is yelling,

firko

« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2009, 05:14:47 pm »
and for all you IDIOTS to move on and never mention CZ hubs rivetted or bolted sprockets ever again. ITS OVER,
While you're in the chapel praying for world peace Michael, I'll be praying that the pedantic attitude that prompted the riveted sprocket and other silly protests is eradicated for good. As long as there are rule nazis waiving their MoMs and measuring stick making our sport look silly to outsiders, as Michael Jackson sang 'I'll be there' to out them.

Now, lets get away from all of the shouting and name calling and drum up some support for the Nats. ;)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 05:20:01 pm by firko »

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2009, 05:23:47 pm »
I dont think the low numbers are about the Organisation , the Officials or the the Scutineers, but I  know some aren't riding because of the" Modern"  track.  I will be.

Well good upon you.  ;)

For the pre 65s, pre 70s and pre 75s that have decided not to go to Conondale because of a perceived modern track, well it's their loss as far as I can tell.  ::)

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2009, 05:28:50 pm »
As far as i know there are 6 sidecars coming 4qld bikes -1 with wa crew riding it,wasp from sa,+ a gs1000 powered wasp from vic