Author Topic: 2009 qvmx sunshine coast mcc vintage nationals update  (Read 111288 times)

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 qvmx sunshine coast mcc vintage nationals update
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2009, 05:29:40 pm »
I dont think the low numbers are about the Organisation , the Officials or the the Scutineers, but I  know some aren't riding because of the" Modern"  track.  I will be.
So did you tell them how good it was or did you agree with them ???
Noel
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2009, 05:33:10 pm »
As far as i know there are 6 sidecars coming 4qld bikes -1 with wa crew riding it,wasp from sa,+ a gs1000 powered wasp from vic

Their not coming untill they enter.
Cheers
Noel
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

211kawasaki

« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2009, 05:38:58 pm »
Im taking a 166kg 1957 AJS with 2" of up and down movement loosely described as suspension, if it all holds together its going to be a fat time so stop your bitchin' and get on with racing.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2009, 05:58:12 pm »
I would like to pose a question which probably relates to our movement as a whole rather than this issue for this Nats.  I am also not the most eloquent and don't want to dribble but here goes.

Our pre 85 movement in WA tried to get under way riding with a modern club previously.  The disappointment for me was that this "model" was no where near as enjoyable as riding for the VMX club - the social atmosphere, the support, tracks to suit, not racing for sheepstations etc etc etc as the meets at the Modern club "appeared" to be.  Factor in also the longer races on rougher tracks with our still older bikes and I for one shied away.  I would hazard a guess that a good 90% of the riders in the VMXWA club are out for a ride - always a few fast guys but A grade numbers are no where near the other grades.  Is this what our whole Australia wide movement is like and therefore is a NATS event the wrong format for what we are after - (Firko not advocating that here just asking). IE are 90+% of our members more interested in a ride than racing for trophies as lets say happens in Moderns and therefore should we be looking at something less serious?  Similarly some people (and everyone is entitled to their opinion ;D) have said the 3 lap races on a highway is not motocross - true comment but what do the majority want.  Again I am not advocating highway style tracks but are we missing a point - and that includes me - should I even be looking at the NATS as a ride or looking at something like CD?  And how many other people are thinking the same thing but have decided not to ride as it is more "serious".

I look back and worry that this still hasn't conveyed what I want but I hope you get the idea - do old farts want a NATS?

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2009, 06:13:02 pm »
Nice one Rossco, i can see where you are coming from.  As you know there are no trophies, no points, no championships in the west just enjoyment.  but all clubs are run differently and as long as they are successful format doesn't matter.  It's the enjoyment of the members is the main concern for clubs.

With the NATS every club has trophy hunters and VMXWA has it's own.  but most of it's members are attending the NATS, for the camaraderie and the fun.  It's a long way for 20 odd riders to travel just to attend, but they wouldn't have it any other way.  the number of guys that have asked me to attend this year was amazing, as i have problems, just completing 3 laps.  Maybe CD is getting bigger than the NATS, but its not the NATS.

As you state the pre85 (See thread in Discussion page) movement here has not succeeded yet, but new tilt at a club as a seperate entity is taking place and is being extremely well support and hope to bridge the gap between the highly successful VMXWA and modern bike clubs.

Me I'm all for NATS and CD and if I can't make one next year I'll make the other, probably with you in tow!!lol

Barry
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2009, 06:17:09 pm »
and Barry that is what I was getting at - 20 odd riders going for the fun - is that the NATS?  Or am I just being half glass empty and maybe we can accommodate both trophy hunters and party animals  ;D?

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2009, 06:20:32 pm »
Don't think you ever been half empty, half full maybe.  Maybe it's just our warped WA sense of humour
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 08, 2009, 06:30:20 pm »
I would say the majority prefer a CD style event or racing with no points or trophies as Qvmx and some other clubs do.  Having said that i think there is a place for both in our sport with the Nationals giving the more serious guys a chance to show their speed against competition from all over the country but i believe the Nationals should be more challenging than a club day with longer races. Both events are great and maybe we should look at not having them both in the same state in the same year so that they both survive.

« Reply #98 on: July 08, 2009, 06:34:50 pm »
I have skipped a few of the replies as there is an issue as to why people are not coming.
Now is it possible that the laps are more for evo and pre85 so that people can get more value for money i.e more track time. The other issue is being there for one race a day for three days. Bit of an issue if you only have one bike.
Can the program be changed?
Practice and pre 65, pre 70 and even some of pre 75 on friday?
Rest of pre 75, pre 78 and maybe an evo event if time permits?
Rest of evo and pre85 on sunday?
I personally would have preferred it this way, but not bitching here, trying to entice more riders. I think that if i had a pre85 and could race on the sunday only, that is alot more appealing.
I do feel that 9 laps for $150 and one race a day for three days are real reasons why people have not entered.
More importantly, can these things be changed so late?
Also what came of the committee meeting regarding the extra laps ?

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 08, 2009, 06:40:31 pm »
for interstate competitor ,it must come down to money especialy cd6 then the nat  close together thing are tight all round.

All Things 414

« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2009, 06:46:01 pm »
I couldn'd imagine too many people from Vic (or Southern NSW) making the two trips in the matter of a few weeks. How many people would have that much job flexability (or money) to do it?

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2009, 06:46:29 pm »
Win or lose; pointy end of the stick or just there to make up the numbers doesn't matter, this is .....            Your Number 1 event   and should be attended.

It's no good saying "I wished I'd been there because it looked and sounded like alot of fun" after the fact, or knowing what you know now... "I could've got a podium in that class"
....and how many of you will say or think it?

If there are problems such as time away from work, then they need addressing in such ways as race format(as Number 8 ) has already said.
Recession-?? How long have you known about the 'Nats'?

Scrutineering? You all know you need safe bikes and if you choose to cheat, then just who are you cheating... Follow VMXers, just how good does that feel??

This is suppose to be the sport/lifestyle you have choosen..... Prove it and Enter

If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline DR500

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2009, 06:52:43 pm »
The reason i heard for not entering the national was" that there will be some very fast riders " So what, enter it for the memorys. None of us are getting any younger.If the numbers are down i might even get a place on an the old trail bike!! How good would that be.I do find it hard to believe that the QLD numbers are down,as it is one of the best venue i have been too.Come on QVMX members get your entry in.

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2009, 07:15:23 pm »
Its my first nats,, i to was a bit surprised with the 3 laps but thats way it is so get on with the good
stuff, may need to pratice our race starts for 3 laps  8) Ive just had 22 team kiwi Tshirts made up for
the nats so i cant wait for the vibe at the nats , GO HARD OR GO HOME i reckon ;D

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2009, 08:09:54 pm »
coffs harbour and tassie were  3 laps
no one complained about that :o
as for 3 laps at conondale this could still be changed
and  a modern track i dont think so the boys have
done a lot of work making it friendly for all
disiplines