Author Topic: Aussie 4 Day Starters  (Read 26709 times)

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Aussie 4 Day Starters
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2014, 01:24:57 pm »
Any updates on this project?

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2014, 11:24:42 am »
Bump

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2014, 12:04:26 pm »
Sorry Col, I missed your post.

I've spent lots of money... Got new plastics, new pipe, rebuilt crank, new spokes, new mousses, blah blah. My local bike shop* owner's eyes light up when I walk in...

Just gotta put it all together now...

*Wright Motorcycles in Yass NSW. 02 62264188. The boss is an active VMX racer and vinduro rider. Highly recommended.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Ekka

• Legend
  • Go hard or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2014, 12:56:41 pm »
Sorry Col, I missed your post.

I've spent lots of money... Got new plastics, new pipe, rebuilt crank, new spokes, new mousses, blah blah. My local bike shop* owner's eyes light up when I walk in...

Just gotta put it all together now...

*Wright Motorcycles in Yass NSW. 02 62264188. The boss is an active VMX racer and vinduro rider. Highly recommended.
I would definitely agree with you Nathan , his a top bloke to deal with

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2014, 11:52:28 am »
Best Wish's to those entered and heading into the A4DE parc ferme  ..whooop whoop
found this on facebook  :) 

Best is in the West !!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2014, 08:14:14 pm »
If anyone is interested...

The eagle eyes will spot a few missing bits, but they're all fixed now. There's a stack of new bits that haven't arrived yet >:( - I really wish the new headlight surround and "UniTrak" stickers were here, in particular.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2014, 08:46:22 pm »
Great looking bike Nathan, full credit to you!
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

HeavenVMX

« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2014, 12:56:34 am »
Very best of luck at the 4day Nathan hope you and Steve have a great run. Your bike looks excellent well done.

Last time I spoke to Steve he was getting close as well.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2014, 08:33:22 am »
nice job ;), will be an ideal steed for the task at hand...id get a better pipe guard I rekon....just seems to be hanging out in space looking for a stump.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2014, 06:37:02 pm »
Yeah, I wanted to build one of those old-style cages to go around the pipe, but I left myself short of time...
The armadillo guard that's on it is mostly just for show - figured it was a 'period accessory', although they used to be much tougher than this one.

The old bike has an identical pipe on it, so I've got two chances before it becomes a real problem...

mainline

« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2014, 09:47:13 pm »
Yeah, I wanted to build one of those old-style cages to go around the pipe, but I left myself short of time...
The armadillo guard that's on it is mostly just for show - figured it was a 'period accessory', although they used to be much tougher than this one.

The old bike has an identical pipe on it, so I've got two chances before it becomes a real problem...

Moose still do a guard in the same style that is of a decent gauge. M610 part no. if you're interested.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2014, 08:47:35 am »
the spare pipe should see you through ;D just where to hide it on the trails...... :-\

Offline Ekka

• Legend
  • Go hard or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2014, 07:30:33 pm »
Good luck at the event guys I'm sure you will enjoy it  ;)

Offline relfy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2014, 08:29:45 pm »
For those that are not aware due to the ongoing drought in my part of the World the worst I have seen in my 20 years back home, I made a commitment to pursue a new career path outside of farming, sometime ago I had an interview with AGL in Gloucester and was successful in gaining employment .Due to recent Government approvals the manager required some one to start within a 10 day period  I started with AGL last Monday on a 2 on 2 off roster this meant I am unable to ride the 4 day, as disappointing as it was I am very grateful  to AGL and I was never going to jeopardize the chance to give my family a better opportunity . I would like to thank everybody that has supported Riders Against Depression and I will continue to help raise awareness for this cause ,and support Nathan  . Regards Stephen