Author Topic: 2011 VMX Nationals  (Read 204673 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 VMX Nationals
« Reply #360 on: April 29, 2011, 06:45:37 PM »
Its all cool..just getting knowledge for myself and its interesting for the future race programs-sometimes it's easier to look at a screen  ;)  ;D
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

211kawasaki

« Reply #361 on: April 29, 2011, 10:28:05 PM »
Sup regs do not over rule the GCRs. The correct class for a (say) 69 CZ could be pre 75, pre 70, Pre 75 age plus more so does that mean to say if I want to enter my CZ in those classes I need 3 CZs? Lets hope not.

I agree that bikes must be entered in the correct class; I would see this as self governing and if a pre 85 bike entered my pre 75 race it would get sorted pretty quick however if I entered my pre 70 bike in pre 75 and the race sec decided not to accept that? I doubt it as there is no basis for them not to accept the entry. By definition a 69 CZ is both a pre 75 bike and a pre70.
By suggesting that "all bikes are only eligible for their era" is suggestive of the GCRs as having "era" class structures? Pre 78 does, Evo may? however, Evo for example could be my 57 AJS or my 82 YZ by definition - nothing other than pre 78 has an era.
9.4 notes in accordance with the GCRs correctly - the above is the correct interpretation of the GCRs
18.4 is also correct - the race sec would only use their descretion when the bike is not entered in its correct class. It has to be this way otherwise the race sec could decide who rides or not, who can and who cant - that isnt going to happen, these are sensible people.
18.5 is a possible protest unless interpretated as "multiple entries of the one bike in the one class" which I feel is the intent here. Its the classes entered, there is no rule that states one bike one class and the Nats are subject to the rules as they are in the book.

Dave Tanner

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 29, 2011, 10:41:11 PM »
Thanks for your reading of those points Dave
It is nice to have interpretations clarified with intent.
cheers
Noel

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 30, 2011, 12:47:04 AM »
they way i read  18.5 was to stop people entering one bike with like 3 riders.  ( this clause was copied from the MA template, all supp regs seem to have it.  ???

Walter - all i get from what you saying there is the previous friday line up's do not work ? and saying previously no matter how much scrutineering was done cheater still got through. 

So how about we change it and see how that goes ?  The sheet is to cover the more safety aspects.  eligibility isnt about having one official person face off an entrant, were trying to get entrants to do the right thing from the outset, we will pull up bikes randomly and those we feel need attention or eligibility issues for discussion will be advised/acted on.  It will then be up to the entrant if they wish to comply or risk losing a protest.   Blatent elegibility issues can be dealt with quickly and easily.

IF you have any issues walter, protest the bikes ealry and if they are non complient as you say, they will find out there are issue to be addressed if they want to be considered for a class classification result.

on the other hand i thought you were'nt coming anyway, so this really wont be a problem for you. ;D
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 12:50:48 AM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

« Reply #364 on: April 30, 2011, 07:23:45 AM »
Sup regs do not over rule the GCRs. The correct class for a (say) 69 CZ could be pre 75, pre 70, Pre 75 age plus more so does that mean to say if I want to enter my CZ in those classes I need 3 CZs? Lets hope not.

I agree that bikes must be entered in the correct class; I would see this as self governing and if a pre 85 bike entered my pre 75 race it would get sorted pretty quick however if I entered my pre 70 bike in pre 75 and the race sec decided not to accept that? I doubt it as there is no basis for them not to accept the entry. By definition a 69 CZ is both a pre 75 bike and a pre70.
By suggesting that "all bikes are only eligible for their era" is suggestive of the GCRs as having "era" class structures? Pre 78 does, Evo may? however, Evo for example could be my 57 AJS or my 82 YZ by definition - nothing other than pre 78 has an era.
9.4 notes in accordance with the GCRs correctly - the above is the correct interpretation of the GCRs
18.4 is also correct - the race sec would only use their descretion when the bike is not entered in its correct class. It has to be this way otherwise the race sec could decide who rides or not, who can and who cant - that isnt going to happen, these are sensible people.
18.5 is a possible protest unless interpretated as "multiple entries of the one bike in the one class" which I feel is the intent here. Its the classes entered, there is no rule that states one bike one class and the Nats are subject to the rules as they are in the book.

Dave Tanner
I would get a bit upset if someone turned up with a pre 70 bike and rode all the classes they were 'eligible' for. Such as evo or pre 85. Especially after toiling over 5 bikes for a month and carting them through three states to run bikes from their era in their correct class. So maybe I should bring my side pipe 360 and run all pre 70 and all pre 75 races and run my mc400 in pre 78 and evo. This should be the show case of bikes racing in their era, seeing as it's a premium event and all ( for a racer anyway). If everybody did this the event would look like some kind of all in practise day. I certainly don't think it should be encouraged. As you said, A pre 70 bike is also a pre 75 bike. It's also a pre 78, evo, pre 85 , pre 90 and a modern.

211kawasaki

« Reply #365 on: April 30, 2011, 08:16:06 AM »
Brad
I take your point however I wouldnt expect that someone would ride one bike in everything. Im like you and most others, we have a few bikes and ride a few classes and on average most have at least 2-3 bikes at a Nats.
The finer point on it it "if" you were to take the literal meaning of whats been discussed you would need a bike for the pre 75 250 age and then one for the open and yet another for pre 70 and so on.
I dont think that someone is actually going to race his side pipe in pre 85, EVO, Pre 75 age and open the pre 70 but if they entered, paid the class fees they can in theory ride.
I was just clearing up confusion so there are no problems for the club on the day.

211kawasaki

« Reply #366 on: April 30, 2011, 08:24:42 AM »
Calm down Valter
read 18.8 & 18.9 in the GCRs and make your bike fit and there will not be an issue.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 30, 2011, 12:43:23 PM »
Walter you enter, you pay the money, your in, i dont play silly games when it comes to entries ifd thats what your infering, there club needs every cent your included.

i will personally make sure i chase you up one month out if i have not seen an entry from you on a solo or sidecar.  Any excuse for not entering will be yours alone.

Any bike WITHOUT A MUFFLER be it solo or sidecar WILL NOT LEAVE THE START LINE period at this track.
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 30, 2011, 12:50:35 PM »
BRad i think the only time someone would ride up bikes would be pre 70 to run in the pre 75 age, there is so little differance in those era's from the public vantage point it will look the same, in that class.   its also about the Rider, not the bike.

I like you make more bikes thank can ride, although most never run propally as i spread myself too thin, just because i think a bike needs to be in its pigeon hole.  I dont think thisis going to be a problem, but it was more about pre 75 options for those with one bike.  I cant see any justification for someone taking a pre 75 and riding it out in evo and so on, as such i thnk the peer group pressure would see them no front the line.

its also a safety net, in that if your pre 75 ride died and in your case if you where winning the championship, would you not bring your pre 70 to the line ? and be prity pissed off if we said sorry you cant ride that bike up ? its just a logical option if needed.

I think it will all work out as it always has, its just exploring the option as in Noel case where he want to ride a pre 70 in a pre75 age group, which i think is a perfectly valid entry for  that bike.  As that event is judging his skill as a rider and not that of the bike.   Historically i think you would have also seen a 69 Cz or DT1 still on the line in 1971 on so its still in the era.

So brad you coming ? and bringing Joan ?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 12:54:31 PM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

« Reply #369 on: May 01, 2011, 08:00:44 AM »
So brad you coming ? and bringing Joan ?
I wasn't coming at all due to going to Farleigh the next week but seeing as their date has moved forward I am contemplating coming. I certainly can't afford the time away if I drove so I will be looking to get my bikes transported down so I can fly. If I can do that then I will be a starter.
Brad
I take your point however I wouldnt expect that someone would ride one bike in everything. Im like you and most others, we have a few bikes and ride a few classes and on average most have at least 2-3 bikes at a Nats.
The finer point on it it "if" you were to take the literal meaning of whats been discussed you would need a bike for the pre 75 250 age and then one for the open and yet another for pre 70 and so on.
I dont think that someone is actually going to race his side pipe in pre 85, EVO, Pre 75 age and open the pre 70 but if they entered, paid the class fees they can in theory ride.
I was just clearing up confusion so there are no problems for the club on the day.

Thanks for the reply Dave. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't there an entry at Conondale that entered a pre 70 in evo and two other classes? I think that should be discouraged at the least. I also would have thought that if the sub regs say one bike one class ( which should be changed to one bike one era for those who want to read into things literally) that is how the event will run as they have been approved that way.

211kawasaki

« Reply #370 on: May 01, 2011, 10:35:59 AM »
point taken Brad, if we start not letting riders ride where they want then we stand to loose riders. Most enter the right thing however there will always some who dont. What it allows is you to ride your older bike in a newer class if (for example) you have a break down.

you will notice some big changes in the rules that will assist in making this clearer.

DT

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 02, 2011, 10:48:30 AM »
Brad, talk to Popeye. He's is going and might be taking a truck.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 02, 2011, 11:14:09 AM »
also if you ship a container we can recive it to the shed at the track and you can assemble bikes etc from there before the event.

if there is anything we can to to assist in getting bikes to the track we will.  the track ids on the main hwy, but we can also get it unladed at a transport yard and brought down to the track.   

Selling space in trailer coming from interstate woudl be good for you guys to organise at your end.  also i would see if people who have vans coming over have a tow bar and ask them to take your trailer and you will pay there petrol both ways.   Win - win
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 02, 2011, 12:24:17 PM »
If you had seen some of the trailers at the Sidecarcross spectacular you would know what a load was!!!
Most of the acceptance speeches at presentation were about "I would like to thank so&so for bringing my outfit up- oh and the kids outfit and me mums outfit etc... etc..." :D :D :D

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 11, 2011, 01:41:19 PM »
Freaky - better hurry up and get that online service going - some of us don't have access to mail services??????

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica