Author Topic: YZ250B 1974 for sale on eBay!  (Read 14694 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: YZ250B 1974 for sale on eBay!
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2009, 07:04:48 pm »
by the way anyone got a copy of this mag ,and can you scan the Dt1 article.....

ive read it so i must have it, but be buggered if i can find it

mx250 you'd have it right > as per the hallman project ?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=370232066336
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 07:14:20 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2009, 07:50:09 pm »
That article is on the web somewhere - there was a link to it posted on these forums (maybe the old version).
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2009, 08:38:24 pm »
freaky you should sell me one of your 431 motors for my 360a ;D ;D
follow me to first turn

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2009, 09:01:35 pm »
no you want a 432 motor,  there still out there i just picked up a rebuilt trick one from the states, and have a heads up on another.   But i cant find the frames.  And i dont want to do any more Dt frames with em.  I"ll give you $2500 for your 360 roller sight unseen.  :)

if you wanna cut cost and run a 250 just get a 431 bottom end (or even try a dt1 end) and run a dt2mx barrell, been getting success with that combo, seem to be a better on the track and less HF with teh chrome rings  ;) easy to tidy up ports and flow too, someone smarter could tell you why.

Cut down a Dt1 sprocket cover, same thing but gets you over the Scruitineering thing with ya fingers and  10th of the price.

Pvl and a new mukuni and seemingly become bullet proof, if you keep the air clean

i may have a spare DT2mx that i just ran out of bores on, and i meet a guy with a 360 chrome to sell but i think he wanted too much which is why he still has it.  Ill keep my eye out for a bottom.  start to look for a rod kit and bearings now so you have them ready when one turns up, do that and like all yams should go for another 30 years without being opened again  ;)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 09:38:27 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2009, 07:26:26 am »
you can easily drop 5 grand into that resto..... and still have less than nice one.

plus the current market is on the buyers side, I would wait until you had the 8 grand in your hand and go shopping. A LOT of bikes will become available over the next year or two for much less.
formerly Marc.com

mx250

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2009, 09:06:21 am »
WARNING, WARNING. Thread hijack in process  ;) ;D
A LOT of bikes will become available over the next year or two for much less.
I agree with the first statement that complete running restored or race bikes tend to be best value, even if in dollar terms more is paid, but what makes you think VMX'er are gonna take a dive?

I think prices have remained resilient and the economic prospects seem to be improving. I know that prices move slowly up or down after economic truth hits but why do you think prices might head south.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2009, 12:37:51 pm »
And some point the next gen wont be interested in ould plonkers, at some point i think some older MX wont bpull the doh.

At some point you would have seen old english and pre70 iron level out and as per the pre65 thread they kind of went south as interest left them behind, unless you have a use or place to ride somthing then market forces say interest falls and only the strong value/condition units will hold value.
PLus this generation has less interest in them, and so to would the "y" with the pre 75.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 12:47:17 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2009, 04:02:43 pm »
And some point the next gen wont be interested in ould plonkers, at some point i think some older MX wont bpull the doh.

I tend to agree with Freakshows points, well apart from the spelling  ;D

Plus I am negative about the economy still, I am with Warren Buffett, the real recession arrives slowly and is not as visible as the economy adjusts lower export earnings and property values. I think real unemployment will kick in the 4th quarter.

SO the toys will have to go. This recovery or stabilisation is the 'dead cat bounce' 
formerly Marc.com

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2009, 09:44:23 pm »
Yes Marc, I dont like to be negative, but sometimes its a bi product of reality. Hard times are still commin. Yep the the all ords ar OK and good old KRUD is still tryin to save the day, but his juggling act is gettin a bit top heavy- someone is gunna throw him a running chainsaw to put into the juggling act, it will probably cut someones fingers off-certainly will not be his,they are too slippery and sly..
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

mx250

« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2009, 12:15:25 am »
Yes Marc, I dont like to be negative, but sometimes its a bi product of reality. Hard times are still commin. Yep the the all ords ar OK and good old KRUD is still tryin to save the day, but his juggling act is gettin a bit top heavy- someone is gunna throw him a running chainsaw to put into the juggling act, it will probably cut someones fingers off-certainly will not be his,they are too slippery and sly..
Brett
Gee, the sky must be falling :o :o.

dave

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2009, 07:29:43 am »
Quick you guys you better start selling all your old worthless dirtbikes before the ass drops outta the market. I can help you out, since I don't have a ride and it's better to spread the losses across society to lessen the impact. I'm more than happy to take any bikes off your hands for a reasonable price  ::) In fact Krud gave me $900 bucks to use so, as everyone keeps telling me to keep it in the country. What do you think huh huh?

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2009, 09:37:05 am »
freaky
every try and buy a vincent in any codition, velo thruxton mss or kss.bsa goldstar in any trim mx or road, manx norton,7r ajs or g50 matchless.if you have good quality vmx bike i dont think the price will drop to much on good going bikes.you are trying to buy a speedwaybike atm but all are too expencive for your budget.then you have old cars see how much a gtho xy will set you back
just my 2 cents worth
jim

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2009, 11:46:34 am »
True but same applies, its only the models they want , if 2 people arent interest is it still worth more than it was yesterday ? i think not.  and to use you car refers, well you only have to lok at the arse that fellout of the GTO market last year, up to half a mill, now back into the 100,000, its all swings and round about, and its only worth somthing to someone who wants it, if you dont have 2 interested parties , or enthusiats well its worth nothing really.

Personally, i wouldnt pay 5,000K for a GTHO, i think there peices of shit, but hey im just not interested in them, nor some of those bikes you mentioned.  MY point was sometimes bikes and models are era specific, unless its a works model or one of 5 made, reallity is market will dictated usually by those who had a passion to own one, ride one or what ever historical connection to it they personally have,  as the generation moves forward they have less connection to that model and it had better have some kind of cult status otherwise it will join the also rans. 

As in the case of the GTO you mention, you would always need to find 2 more people who want it , for more than id pay for it to have any value,  that value is then benchmarked based on that sale.   So being simplistic, assume both guys buy one, then the 3rd turns up - its worth how much   EVERYTHING is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay ( or likewise willing to sell)

im not saying somthing looses value, im just saying everything levels out, and only the special stuff has another run.   Before the Vmx got legs how much of this stuff was worth anything ?  same stuff probally changing hands for less than $500.  IF you took away the sport, through DB, rules etc i suspect the level would change also.  I was only thinking about this the other day, why is a MXB worth so little ? simple interest the only reason its not getting as much money as the rest of them ? my guess is its  just currently not got a riding market, if you let it run pre75 what do you think would happen to the price over night ?  same with the TM 250 75 ?

I think value has to be linked to something outside the bike, even if its as stupid as your mate say to you he want XYZ and now you decide you want one too, a value is now created on Jealousy, you have just created a value based on what ? emotion, nothing to do with the unit itself.

IF we are talking about bike values i think they will hold there value for as long as you can ride them, when that runs out they will fall back in value, and the only one to command price support will be the ones that the other person wants to admire and collect, some bikes fall into the both category , but others only fit in one.    There is always a ceiling.
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2009, 01:15:20 pm »
the arse that fellout of the GTO market last year, up to half a mill, now back into the 100,000,

Yep that market peaked, I agree with what you have said about racing bikes Freakshow, that once bikes get too precious to use then the garage decoration market limits the price, unless it is something tasty that really birghtens up the shed.
formerly Marc.com

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2009, 09:30:00 pm »
I still think the 250B will have a last minute rush of Bids, cause they really do not come up much..
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...