Author Topic: 2009 Australian Classic Dirt Track Nationals - Barleigh Ranch  (Read 16841 times)

Rosco400

Re: 2009 Australian Classic Dirt Track Nationals - Barleigh Ranch
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2009, 06:52:33 am »
Better start getting entries in for this one, entries close last mail Friday 28th August, should be big ;)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 06:55:08 am by Rosco400 »

Mark Austin

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2009, 07:12:43 am »
Already sent Rossco  ;D

Rosco400

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2009, 10:09:55 pm »
Like all vintage meetings, the entries are slow coming in, if you are intending to enter this event, please help by getting your entries in sooner rather than later, poor club secretary will prematurely start ageing. Helps pre planning the event and catering etc. also remember Hunter has a club day on Sunday 6th September so come and have a play or a look or both on the day :)

Print the sup regs out now, you know its the start you need to get motivated ;)

http://www.ma.org.au/AM/Template.cfm?Section=2009_National_Calendar&Template=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentFileID=49497

Offline maicoman18

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2009, 08:11:08 pm »
Do you have to have an MA license to race this one or can a one event license be bought? Only MA license is mentioned on entry form.

Ed

Rosco400

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2009, 08:32:16 pm »
Do you have to have an MA license to race this one or can a one event license be bought? Only MA license is mentioned on entry form.

Ed

Good question Ed, I dont know, maybe someone else can fill us in, are you coming over for a club run on the 6th as well Ed so you can get the unfair advantage in the Nats :D

colmoody

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2009, 09:48:33 pm »
One event licence is ok for this event avail thru MA NSW. Bit of time involved in the process so I would hit on it tomorrow if you intend competing at this event.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2009, 09:58:24 pm »
quote from supp regs.

Competitors requiring a Senior One Meeting License for this meeting will need to make application, following the procedure detailed below. The cost of the licence is $77.00. Application form can be downloaded from Motorcycling NSW website www.motorcycling.com.au Senior One Meeting Licence Application Place a tick in “One Event” on the normal license application form. Complete personal details including compulsory ambulance cover details and forward to the MNSW as soon as possible, and a minimum of 21 days prior to the event. The licence will be available at the event after completion of the competency test (if applicable). Rule 3.1.2.4: Senior One Meeting National Licenses are subject to the following conditions: a) Licence will be available to all applicants 16 years and older. b) Current club membership is required. c) Applicants who have never held a competition licence, or who have not held a licence within the previous 10 years must undertake a competency test. The competency assessment may be undertaken at the meeting in which the participant intends to compete. No competency test is required if the applicant can prove that they have held an annual competition license within the previous 10 years. 2.2 The meeting will be held in accordance with the current Motorcycling Australia General Competition Rules (GCR’s)
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

211kawasaki

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2009, 08:35:28 am »
Good luck with the meeting guys, its kill'en me to not be there but will suffer thru a few MGDs at Rosies bar (Disneyland) and wish you all well.

Best Regards

Dave T #211

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2009, 11:06:40 am »
So long as you Will you be wearing some ears Dave, all is forgiven ?  please supply foto with ears on.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

firko

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2009, 11:16:49 am »
I hope you, Vicky and the kiddies have a hoot at the Magic Kingdom Dave. Thanks also for having the faith in allowing me to fill your eligibility shoes at the Nats matey. After seeing the lengths some* racers go to to dodge the rules at Conondale I feel as if I've inherited the poisoned chalice. I'm looking forward to the challenge however and doubt there'll be much of a problem.

*Despite what you'd think from reading other threads here, 99% of the bikes were Kosher at Conondale and I'd expect the same at Barleigh Ranch.

Rosco400

« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2009, 10:07:40 am »
*Despite what you'd think from reading other threads here, 99% of the bikes were Kosher at Conondale and I'd expect the same at Barleigh Ranch.

It did detract a tad from what the Connondale Nats event is all about but necessary evil to ensure class eligibility stays adehered to :)

All for the better of the sport ;)

Rosco400

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2009, 09:02:03 pm »
Pretty sad that forum with over a thousand members and probably double that again sitting on the fence looking in can only muster up 32 entries for National Dirt track Titles, which club would be stupid enough to take this on i the future, unfortnately MA and Gardner and crew aint going to destroy Dirt Track, I reckon that our own lack of interest has just about achieved that >:(

Get your entries in before its too late
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 09:47:40 pm by Rosco400 »

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2009, 10:39:05 pm »
Hi FENCE SITTERS  We at Griffith Motorcycle Sports Cub are still holding back the application (ready to go had NSW & Aussie titles here 97, 98 with 130 entries) to run the 2010 titles,  we may attract some SA & VIC riders. Myself & Pete Lee travelled to Neapean (1300 km round trip) last month for a club day that had 63 VINTAGE ridres entered . What the hell is going on club Day verses Titles meeting(32 entries) .If you can make it to a club day travel the extra kms from the big smoke & try a different track. Come on guys support this event. Pete & I are bringing 7 bikes between us I am sure you could bring just ONE . Or is it easier to sit in front of the computer & type in some lame brain excuss.Get in the shed change the tyre & send the entry of to Glenn do the Club & the Sport a favour . Any way going to Fiji for ten days hope the tide changes . ???
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 11:06:29 pm by Grasy 6 »

firko

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2009, 11:03:42 pm »
Come on fellas, If you've never raced dirt track before why not start at the top at the Nats? I vented my speen earlier about the lack of enthusiasm by the motocross fraternity towards dirt track and was going to have another attempt at drumming up some entries but Rossco beat me to the punch.

It's not just MXers either, where are the 20 or so 2 valve sliders we used to attract a few short years ago? Where are all of the Mildura and country NSW riders (Griffith boys aside)? Where are all of those keen Queenslanders that used to come down to Condo and Nepean? What about the 750cc flat track guys?

There's over 1000 members of this forum but we can only manage 32 entries for a National Championship....disgraceful.
After the amazing success of CD6 and then the Conondale Nats indicated that our movement was finally on the comeback I was recharged and looking forward to further triumphs in '09 with the Dirt Track Nats. To say I'm disapointed with the response is a giant understatement. I'm gutted. There are a lot of people putting a lot of work into making this meeting happen and it embarrasses me to have to face these people and try and explain to them why their efforts went for shit. It's easy to see why less and less clubs put their hands up to run these events. It isn't worth the grief.

The cyber racer is the fastest growing element of our movement. There's a lot of people who can talk a great race and are pretty quick to offer up their expertise on Suzuki footpegs or sussing out eBay bargains but racing...what's that? Getting them to support an event that needs support to survive however is way too difficult it seems. What's the problem guys?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 09:33:39 am by firko »

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2009, 07:19:19 pm »
Hey auscobul, are you putting a T-Shirt together for the Raymond Terrace Nationals.
The track is a ripper and you can ride five heats per class - and five dirt track heats take about as much out of you as one MX race. You get to sit down the whole way and the competition is the same as any other organised bike race. Whack that trials tyre on and "see you at the skids".