Author Topic: Where does it stop  (Read 42497 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Where does it stop
« Reply #120 on: October 16, 2008, 05:47:46 PM »

got a cheek taking a swipe at Trials  Sidecars ...waste of space! Takes 2 half wits to operate one. At least with Trials it only takes one halfwit to operate succes

It takes two people to have sex too and thats how we all got here. ;)

ps back too the money issue/subject with usa shares etc,people have got to stop over spending and save money for the Qlds events next year  :D ;D
cheers ...........bring on the CONONDALE Events yyyyiiiiiiipppppppeeeeeeee
yours in pre75 from the town library
alison
Best is in the West !!

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #121 on: October 16, 2008, 06:06:14 PM »
What everyone needs to do is go to the I.T.S.A (Insolvency trustee service of Australia) and file for voluntary insolvency (part X agreement) and write off all the credit debt in Australia. You would be surprised by how much protection you can get when going bankrupt voluntarily, no bailiff auctions (unless you have more than $10,000 of household good to spare over and above the mandatory minimum requirement) you can piss off your credit and store cards but keep your mortgage and car loan if you wish (Car equity valued up to $8000)
and no-one can chase you for money in the courts too they just have to suck it up. You only go on the register for 7 years and you can, if your foolish, apply for loans after 3 years anyway.

I did this 5 years ago and wrote off $18,000 in bad debt (GE finance thieving greedy BASTARDS) and have been debt free and saving money and regretting the loans in the first place but also wishing someone had told me about the ITSA years ago and saved me thousands in interest and fees.
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 16, 2008, 08:05:25 PM »
never made any claims to sanity  remove trials(sorry) insert dressage - how to reverse park a horse

Offline lyle2212

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 16, 2008, 08:10:10 PM »
Couldn,t reply last night magoo ,so I,ll do it now.  First of all I ,ll start by saying that I don,t own a gun but, I have done...You know mate every time some innocent soul dies from a legally registered firearm in Australia,the owners of all registered firearms cringe in anticipation of the fallout from every misguided,ignorant,naieve,ill informed,over educated,cat hugging,smog breathing,suburbanite,crusader rabbit,who will climb out of the woodwork and start bleating..".Ban Guns-Guns Kill".  Despite the fact that a busload of people may have died on the same day in hospital all over the country from smoking or alchohol related illness.   There,s even one self appointed freakin retard who calls himself the "head of the anti gun campaign.".......The Sporting Shooters Assoc do a damn fine job trying to save our native animals by shooting foxes and feral cats. When the problem becomes to big in a National Park what does the government do ?They start an Aerial drop of poison baits and poison the fork out of everything that walks or crawls.   I am not a member of the SSA but they have my full support.    I do get to play with guns twice a year though ,when my SSA mates take me out shooting. And I must admit that I get rather excited when I have the crosshairs of a high powered rifle on a big fat feral kitty cat, squeezing the trigger and watching a 7.62mm projectile turn it into a stain on the ground.If I had my way,every kitty cat in the country would be placed into an Industrial strength plastic bag ,connected to an exhaust pipe and given a damn fine touch up with the ol, carbon monoxide....... At least I can walk away at the end of the day knowing that I have made some effort to erradicate the feral pests and help to save our native animals.......  I see that you took great delight in slagging off at the SSA . So let me ask you this one simple  question old mate ...What have you done of late to help save them ??????

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 16, 2008, 10:20:58 PM »

... You know mate every time some innocent soul dies from a legally registered firearm in Australia,the owners of all registered firearms cringe in anticipation of the fallout from every misguided,ignorant,naieve,ill informed,over educated,cat hugging,smog breathing,suburbanite,crusader rabbit,who will climb out of the woodwork and start bleating..".Ban Guns-Guns Kill".

Yep. I actually whole-heartedly agree with that.
The pollies get mileage with the 'surburbinites' from stupid measures that acheive nothing beyond causing pointless grief for the sensible gun owners.

But I reckon Magoo's basic point it still valid... There's something inherently a bit worrying about the mentality that wants to kill things for the sake of it. There's something a lot more worrying about the need to assert oneself by the possession of a firearm - even when its couched in weasel words like "protection", 99.9% of the time its really about wanting to be the big man. 
As a young man, I killed more than a few rabbits and Indian Minors, using a gun. Yes it gave me a sense of satisfaction, to the point where I'd even say that I enjoyed it. It wasn't the taking of life that I enjoyed, it was the concentration, mastering the skill, and the sense of value that I placed in eradicating a pest.
As an adult I've had to kill more animals than I'd like to admit (not using a gun...), and I don't like doing it at all - even when its 'finishing off' a fox that I've run over.
As a new father, I suddenly find myself very aware of the value of life and the idea of killing anything for "sport" is really quite perturbing.

I'm no bleeding heart, and I fully appreciate that in rural life, guns are an essential part of day to day procedings - but I'm not sure what Joe Surburbanite gets from having a .222 in the wardrobe, beyond a dangerously overinflated sense of power.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 12:51:16 AM by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

YSS

« Reply #125 on: October 16, 2008, 11:09:50 PM »
Another 7 % loss today , the bandaide did not work , the world could not be fooled , Gun or Pussy lovers become irrelevant . 110  Decibel perhaps become irrelevant too  :o .

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2008, 11:45:53 PM »
Another 7 % loss today , the bandaide did not work , the world could not be fooled , Gun or Pussy lovers become irrelevant . 110  Decibel perhaps become irrelevant too  :o .

Best post ever.
On so many levels.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

mx250

« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2008, 12:41:44 AM »
You'll get very frustrated and depressed if you look at an event of this scale day by day. And get the wrong message.

It was never about being fooled or being rational, it's about being confident, and that is 90% emotion and 10% rational.

The measures taken should stop a freefall and a world depression. The market will bottom out somewhere around where it is. We will have the recession 'we need to have' ::).

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2008, 01:06:26 AM »
Great thread! Someone mentioned motorcycles a few pages back...
No seriously, I love it.

An intermission question to lubricate the thinkin' gear: anyone know what that six legged creature is in the top right corner?
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

mx250

« Reply #129 on: October 17, 2008, 01:12:30 AM »
Great thread! Someone mentioned motorcycles a few pages back...
No seriously, I love it.

An intermission question to lubricate the thinkin' gear: anyone know what that six legged creature is in the top right corner?

Six legged creature ??? ::). You must be old or sick :P. What's the two legged creature called and what's her phone number ;D.

oldfart

« Reply #130 on: October 17, 2008, 06:54:20 AM »
A picture of my mother inlaw  ;D

mx250

« Reply #131 on: October 17, 2008, 12:22:05 PM »
I don't know 'where it will stop' but this is how it ends up ::).

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Rosco400

« Reply #132 on: October 17, 2008, 03:13:37 PM »
This will help most understand how the stockmarkets work

Once upon a time, in a place overrun with monkeys, a man appeared and announced to the villagers that he would buy monkeys for $10 each.

The villagers, seeing that there were many monkeys around, went out to the forest, and started catching them. The man bought thousands at $10 and as supply started to diminish, they became harder to catch, so the villagers stopped their effort.

The man then announced that he would now pay $20 for each one. This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again. But soon the supply diminished even further and they were ever harder to catch, so people started going back to their farms and forgot about monkey catching. The man increased his price to $25 each and the supply of monkeys became so scarce that it was an effort to even see a monkey, much less catch one.

The man now announced that he would buy monkeys for $50! However, Since he had to go to the city on some business, his assistant would now buy on his behalf.

While the man was away the assistant told the villagers. 'Look at All these monkeys in the big cage that the man has bought. I will sell them to you at $35 each and when the man returns from the city, you can sell them to him for $50 each.'

The villagers rounded up all their savings and bought all the monkeys. They never saw the man nor his assistant again and once more there were monkeys everywhere.

Now do you understand why and how the stock market works? ;D

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 17, 2008, 03:19:17 PM »
Stick explaination best - just wish i could host the Power point somewhere.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 03:23:39 PM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 17, 2008, 03:24:33 PM »
But if I wanted to buy Monkeys, would the banks lend me 100% plus costs?
Out of my way, I need monkeys and I need them NOW!!! Everybody else has monkeys in every room so why not me.
See you in the jungle
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"