Author Topic: Where does it stop  (Read 42494 times)

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
Re: Where does it stop
« Reply #150 on: October 25, 2008, 08:10:39 AM »
That was on the news ,so believe it or not.It does add up medical bills,housing/families back home/weapons/transport air sea land,food/water/clothing etc
They are also saying that America is like us and has its own income so there for make the weapons to on sell to the war zones of the world.
still bloody madness
ps and hopefully it stops about pre90  ;)  ;D

Yeah, I wasn't having a go at you, but it just sounds obscene.
One hundred million dollars per day just on the war in Afghanistan... and then there's Iraq... and everything else their National budget pays for.
My life suddenly seems very simple.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

YSS

« Reply #151 on: October 25, 2008, 08:19:14 AM »
Same me , the accontant called me crazy for buying so much stock . I am glad now.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 31, 2008, 06:54:20 PM »
Hmmm must go and find which nation started this trade in NOTHINGS called the shares and stocks market. Got an idea in my head I know already. Then there is other financial bullshit that should be crushed and obliterated like "Futures Markets" and "Financial ratings Companies.
 Seams this farce his been around for 700 years..........................
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 07:26:18 PM by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 31, 2008, 08:55:08 PM »
hey rossco doesnt matter what value you put on those spanish bikes . or mine at the end off the day if theres no one with money to buy them there the same as stocks in pelican shit    worthless 

gator

« Reply #154 on: October 31, 2008, 09:17:15 PM »
When you say you invested your money into old bike's and 70's music ??? do you mean Gary Glitter and the Glitter band :-*

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 31, 2008, 09:21:16 PM »
havent  you  seen the sherbet collection :o

gator

« Reply #156 on: October 31, 2008, 10:01:28 PM »
and hush :D

mx250

« Reply #157 on: December 14, 2008, 09:15:25 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNmcf4Y3lGM

The Final Explanation, finally ;D.

Offline cloggy

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 15, 2008, 07:44:15 AM »
 It was England a few hundred years back that freed up credit. We are doing worse than Oz, but then I could never understand how we were doing so well in the first place, turns out we weren't!
Maybe we should have just stuck to inventing sports and then allowing other countries to beat us. In the interests of fair play you understand, old chap. "It's not who wins it's how you play the game".

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 04, 2009, 08:55:00 AM »
I know its an old thread-but it has the right heading and I'm a farm girl.  ;D
I feel for all our farmer's across Australia and this one takes the cake,,,they have all gone BANANAS

Biosecurity Australia has decided that it is safe for bananas to be imported into Australia from The Philippines, sparking an angry backlash from growers.

Biosecurity Australia today released a statement to inform stakeholders that the Director of Animal and Plant Quarantine has determined a quarantine policy for the importation of bananas from The Philippines.

It says that importation of bananas may be permitted subject to the application of phytosanitary measures, clearing the way for import applications to be lodged.

The Australian Banana Growers' Council says it is "profoundly disappointed" by the decision and will take its concerns to a Senate Committee hearing in Canberra next week.

The ABGC is convinced significant threats from pests and diseases associated with Philippine bananas cannot be effectively managed and that exotic pest or disease outbreaks in Australia will be an inevitable consequence of this decision if it leads to volumes of fruit being imported.

"The Philippines does not have a quarantine culture," ABGC Imports Committee chairman Len Collins said.

"It is a disturbing thought that Australia's quarantine security is effectively being handed to Philippines companies and Australian growers are highly concerned about new exotic pest and disease threats."

The decision is based on a 600-page biosecurity report released on November 12 last year which cited 21 pests and diseases in The Philippines of quarantine concern to Australia, but which concluded the risks could be reduced to "acceptable levels" by proposed risk-management measures.

Biosecurity Australia says a detailed operational plan between Australia and The Philippines will now be developed, which will need to be approved by the Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service before any import permits for bananas from The Philippines into Australia will be considered.

ABGC chief executive officer, Tony Heidrich, said there were huge gaps in scientific knowledge of key pests and virtually no information about how AQIS would ensure that Philippines' exporters meet required stringent quarantine conditions
Best is in the West !!

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #160 on: March 08, 2009, 09:12:02 PM »
Didn't know where to put this,this started out a cheap little book I was going to get for a read and now its thought the roof....... :-\   who said theres no money about.......
Are the people hurting from this ressesion the ones that over spent in the first place???

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=200295532862
so here's the (1956) edition  ;D  eBay 350173264694

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 08, 2009, 09:30:44 PM »
The banana thing is weird - for a start, I thought that it all happened well over a year ago.
In any case, there was a report on the risk analysis, saying that it was certain that we'd cop some particular banana disease, but they went ahead and did it anyhow.
Can't remember what the good point(s) are.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 08, 2009, 10:01:52 PM »
Nathan,
I was going to post the response from the Philippines Bio mob,but didn't get any interested feed back from here so didn't bother. ;D
ah enter Nathan.
Anyway -as it turns out our Australian rules and regulations are too hard for Philippines,  so its not happening,,,,,,,   Hallelujah. 8)
As I write this they are probably getting into the country from some other source.
cheers Alison

cheers for the book info lukeb1961,always on the look out for bike people presents :P
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 10:05:15 PM by vmx247 »
Best is in the West !!

albrid-3

« Reply #163 on: March 09, 2009, 08:10:03 PM »
Yes, its bull sh////T, it cost me over $3000 to bring a bike in from the States.

mx250

« Reply #164 on: March 09, 2009, 08:32:54 PM »

:) ;) :D ;D

A bit like Rudd and the Libs.

:) ;) :D ;D