Author Topic: Where does it stop  (Read 42473 times)

mx250

Re: Where does it stop
« Reply #180 on: March 20, 2009, 06:10:54 PM »
Hey I'm not shit faced I'm just happy its friday today  ;D
Mainline,
I agree about insults and not being face to face.
Its such a large area of communication nowadays.
Its not possible the whole population has lost morals,manners and some small commonsense. ::)  :o
Gotta have faith and hope.  8)

(quote; get a real job) If more professor's take up teaching Internet ethics in the home,schools and the workplace,we may have a chance of less disagreements/wars..

Anyway happy Friday Cheers  ;D
Alison

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 20, 2009, 09:09:11 PM »
I dunno if you saw it but i reckon this lady was on the money. Among other things she said that people find it easy to post insults/comments on forums and the like because they don't have to deal with the personal response they would get if they said the same thing face to face to another person.
I agree 100% - and I believe the aggression on our roads is linked in a similar way.

Vehicles and computers give us limited anonimity (computers more so) and people often speak and act with far more bravado when behind the steering wheel and/or the keyboard.
Check out the responses next time you're on good old 'You Tube'. That list of comments below the video has some particularly nasty and vitriolic attacks.
What's that about? That sort of language and attitude would bring a smack in the gob no matter where you're from.

I visit plenty of Forums and I marvel at the disgusting personal attacks on them all!
But I don't fully agree with the Professor's opinion that sitting behind a computer affects our comprehension of how to deal with people face to face.
We don't spend ALL our time in front of the computer. Real life has different rules.
Just try that verbal vomit in public - and face to face.
The 'tolerance' message will be hammered into your brain the hard way.

Same goes for the dickheads weaving through the morning traffic like life's a video game.
You can only tailgate and give the finger and swerve like a moron for a limited amount of time.
Eventually you will meet someone bigger than you with a faster car and an attitude you should never have f*cked with...
Again, you'll learn the lesson the hard way.

However, I do believe the more people are allowed to get away with 'keyboard rage' the more they will continue.
I'm convinced we all know what is right and acceptable, but hey, we're all eight foot tall and bullet proof sitting here tapping away.

"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

mx250

« Reply #182 on: March 26, 2009, 09:50:54 AM »
Sounds like there are still a few chooks still running loose out there ::). George W is gay???? And that the Superprofit at any cost was aided and abetted by Government?

Predatorary Banks. Who's head of such a thing? What country would tolerate such abuse of position and trust ::).

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/291.html

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 11, 2009, 10:38:04 AM »
As this thread started about money .I'll post this up here.
Being in the a mining and energy town,I quiet often read about this emissions issues/environment etc and the power of money ...suppose GREED just intrigues me  ;D....some people are  going to get rich out of this Carbon Credits Government plan and going green.........
An interesting article below for Fridays Farming news  :)

How the world's largest meat processor slashed its carbon footprint
BY LUCY KNIGHT
10 Dec, 2009 04:00 AM
THE world's largest meat processor has become so obsessed with reducing its environmental impact that it has calculated its carbon footprint down to each individual pork chop.

At Danish Crown, being environmentally efficient is king not just because of the consumer and regulatory demands to do so, but because the cost savings from being green are so great.

Danish Crown slaughters almost 20 million pigs each year and is the name behind many well-known pork products in not just Denmark and Europe, but here in Australia too, sending about 30,000 tonnes of pig meat here every year.

But it's hard to believe that this company kills pigs for a living when visiting their new state of the art processing plant at Horsens, in Denmark's Jutland region, because it's so clean, bright, fresh and modern.

This is the most modern livestock processing plant in the world, built four years ago predominantly to reduce labour costs by introducing new levels of robotic processing machines, as well as meet new animal welfare standards.

But the 175-year-old farmer-owned company didn't let the opportunity to overhaul their facilities pass them by, using the chance to think and act green in every aspect of processing.

In the quest for complete environmental accountability, Danish Crown has put the equivalent of an environmental price tag on each pig slaughtered, which gives the company a benchmark to continue driving down emissions and waste.

Greenhouse emissions mapping has enabled Danish Crown to calculate that each pork chop has a climate change impact of 360 grams of CO2 equivalent.

They say this is the same as drinking four cups of coffee, driving one kilometre in a car, hoovering for 25 minutes or watching television for four hours and 45 minutes.

Corporate communications manager, Anne Villemoes, says waste had been reduced so significantly, that only the pig's scream was left.

But now that is gone too.

"If you look around the plant, there's no waste. Every part of the pig is used," Ms Villemoes said.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 10:51:41 AM by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

oldfart

« Reply #184 on: December 30, 2010, 04:06:33 PM »
Oh how the tide has turned .....go back back and read the first post .  And our dollar  ( OzD)  is at a 28 year high of nearly $1.02 per $1-00 usd

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 30, 2010, 04:23:23 PM »

They say this is the same as drinking four cups of coffee, driving one kilometre in a car, hoovering for 25 minutes or watching television for four hours and 45 minutes.

I started reading that and thought geez it's all my fault ::) Then I saw the bit about the hoovering for twenty five minutes a day, Feuw, I'm off the hook, it's not me that wrecked the joint after all.
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 18, 2012, 09:07:00 AM »
Why drag this shit up from three years ago Walter?  NO MORE POLITICS FOR FU#K SAKE. It's an open invitation for the forums hand wringing amateur economists to start up again.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 09:11:45 AM by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 18, 2012, 01:34:51 PM »
So what your saying is i should be riding my bike cause it produces more CO2 than a port chop.  I like it ! i love muy marketing spin.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff