Author Topic: Qvmx practise day  (Read 12588 times)

Offline James Lee

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Qvmx practise day
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 06:36:25 PM »

The other track is a Pre 78/Sidecar track.  There were Pre78s that went on there in separate sessions.  Clearly we need to have better communications.  As for sidecars they choose to only ride with another club.  As for juniors yes when they turn sixteen most will get a VMX bike.  Where do you think the kids come from.  They are with their parents who have VMX bikes.
[/quote]
I know where kids come from,I have one of my own,and he will ride a VMX bike when he comes to a VMX club.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 07:18:18 PM »
Round and round we go as the bullshit continues...
I really hope MQ does get involved and kicks some arses! ... there's a growing number of pissed off vmx riders in Qld

Why would the Qld riders be pissed of?
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2016, 07:35:10 PM »
Round and round we go as the bullshit continues...
I really hope MQ does get involved and kicks some arses! ... there's a growing number of pissed off vmx riders in Qld

Why would the Qld riders be pissed of?
If you were one you would know..

Offline Tony Two Times

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2016, 01:10:59 PM »
For what it's worth.....

As a newbie to the sport who has ridden with both clubs this year I'll say both have been welcoming and helpful, and put in a lot of work to make it all happen, for which I am very appreciative. With three venues managed by the two clubs I can hang out with blokes my age and talk about the crap I want to talk about with nary a fully sick flat billed cap in sight. We have it pretty good!

So as a Qld rider, I'm not pissed off. Just appreciative yet confused.
#66 - Fat Snail Racing.

Offline KTMaico

• A-Grade
  • "Love or Lust it's always a Maico"
    • View Profile
    • Maico Lovers & Fans
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2016, 12:47:54 PM »
All good Brian the BMCC committee are happy to meet with the QVMX group , so if you can confirm from your side on Thursday we only need a time and place. I think Kev's idea of having MQ to meditate would be good , what are your thoughts

I would like to know if the meeting took place and what was the outcome, did all differences get settled? I think all benefit when there is co-operation and cohesion between all clubs and members.
I don't know the full story behind the animosity, but I hope that it is not driven by personalities instead of VMX related issues.

Kevin
1981 Maico 490 (Special Build)
1979 Husqvarna CR250
1975 Suzuki RH250
1975 Suzuki RM125 S
1959 Mk1 Jaguar 3.4 4 speed manual with O/Drive

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2016, 09:28:59 PM »
Kevin why not ask the involved parties, you know they are the only ones who can give you the answer.
I can give you the answer on behalf of Brisbane MCC, the General Manager of MQ could be asked the situation from his viewpoint, and you could approach your own club president for his standpoint. 

Offline KTMaico

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Maico Lovers & Fans
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2016, 11:57:08 AM »
Kevin why not ask the involved parties, you know they are the only ones who can give you the answer.
I can give you the answer on behalf of Brisbane MCC, the General Manager of MQ could be asked the situation from his viewpoint, and you could approach your own club president for his standpoint. 

Col that is what I am doing, albeit publicly on this forum. I am a member of one of the clubs so I am interested in what may or may not affect me. The fact is I just don't know or currently understand what the issues are and what is driving the problem. I think airing the problem publicly in the light is a great disinfectant and if all parties are representing their members it should be done in a open forum and not behind closed doors. If people are being mis-represented or poorly governed surely the members need to know so they can ultimately have their say via their votes. I would love to know what the issue/issues are and what is the MA view of it. Surely the MA being our sports governing body the final say is with them over any club/clubs disputes.

What I can see is that you and BMCC seem to be open and inclusive in this dispute and I don't think a " No Response " from QVMX is helpful. Again it should all be about the betterment of the sport and all clubs and their members. This post is not a personal attack on anyone or any club just a private response to comments made on this forum that allude to issues I dont know the details of.

Kevin
1979 Husqvarna CR250
1975 Suzuki RH250
1975 Suzuki RM125 S

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2016, 01:48:07 PM »
Kevin, I agree and don't see your comments as a personal attack. I am prepared to make relevant correspondence available to you, although you indicated you had already seen it, but obviously will not make it available on a public forum.
I also have responded to you in public in the interests of transparency, however I think I have said all that is needed.

Offline KTMaico

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Maico Lovers & Fans
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2016, 02:19:32 PM »
Fair enough Col, I wish the other side or MA would comment on this and hopefully end the nonsense.

Kevin
1979 Husqvarna CR250
1975 Suzuki RH250
1975 Suzuki RM125 S

Offline Crusty Oldemon

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2016, 06:54:49 PM »
Hi Kev,
I believe this is an MQ matter not an MA matter and it is doubtfull either body monitors this forum, so you cannot expect a public comment from them ..
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 08:28:06 PM by Crusty Oldemon »

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2016, 07:27:35 PM »
You guys do realize that KTMaico is not Kevin Mortimer...

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2016, 08:34:43 PM »
I have decided that this thread is not in the spirit of the OzVMX forum. We've been down this sort of road before and members made it clear they did not wish to see various dirty laundry aired here. If there is some kind of debate needed between these two clubs, then sort it out yourselves. if you want it to be public, one or both of you can set up your own forum (say a page on Facebook) where you can manage what is said, and manage the visibility as needed. OzVMX forum is NOT a club administration forum.

Thread closed.