Author Topic: Qvmx practise day  (Read 12630 times)

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
  • Fast TT meets Drunks Hill
    • View Profile
Qvmx practise day
« on: May 24, 2016, 11:38:48 AM »
Thanks for the kind words Foxy, but alas you can  come up with all sorts of stories to try and justify the divison in our QLD culbs, but facts dont lie , no sidecars, poss 1 evo , no classics , maybe go back to the qvmx web page and re-read the speel , might help jog the memory
Gosh its a shame a slow 4 stroke trail bike can go so Fast !!

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Qvmx practise day
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 12:33:33 PM »
As we both know Brian, its not the riders from either club thats the problem, it lies squarely with the club committees ,    so heres a challenge,  to put things right , arrange for the QVMX to meet the BMCC committee,  it needs to end , can you arrange this Brian. I will talk to BMCC  and will confirm on here tonight 7 pm as to how I got on, can you also do the same

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 12:42:34 PM »
We are having a commitee meeting tomorrow night .
I will table the request then as you know one person cannot speak on behalf of others .
It would be nice for the  slander to stop as we (riders ) commitee members do not need to waste
More time on he said BS.
My fastest lap is the first one :)

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 12:51:05 PM »
It's funny in some respects.  I don't think the two days of practice could have handled a lot more riders anyway and as for another class.  Everyone would just get less track time.

Any mediation between the clubs needs to have a third party involved (MQ).
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 12:59:31 PM »
We are having a commitee meeting tomorrow night .
I will table the request then as you know one person cannot speak on behalf of others .
It would be nice for the  slander to stop as we (riders ) commitee members do not need to waste
More time on he said BS.

Good work Brian sounds promising,  so will expect your answer on here Thursday

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 01:01:14 PM »
It's funny in some respects.  I don't think the two days of practice could have handled a lot more riders anyway and as for another class.  Everyone would just get less track time.

Any mediation between the clubs needs to have a third party involved (MQ).

Good idea Kev, can you arrange the  MQ

Offline James Lee

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 03:14:14 PM »
I dont even know whats going on between the two clubs but it sure would be great to have a separate pre 78/sidecar track.I ran my stock TS185 there on the weekend and found it to be fine but a track with jumps that could be made on the early bikes would be the best.Would pose a problem with watering/marshals etc or might have to run separate dates.
Its the best venue Ive ever riden,my only gripe was the 2 heats of modern bikes to one of VMX.Its great ladies can ride the track and I agree they should be allowed modern bikes.There not many places they can ride in such a manor.Juniors however have plenty of opportunity and places to ride so I recon they all should be on a vintage machines as its a vintage club.What happens when they turn 16 and they are no longer allowed to ride modern?They will either stop coming or become future members.Id much rather see a separate session for pre 78 machines if there was enough to run.All good but if your not having fun doing it its not worth doing.

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 04:20:07 PM »
A lot of kids can not wait to get on their mums or dads older bikes , pratice days are more for family .
Dad and mum can have a ride and not worry about their young ones going off as they have a chance to ride as well. The bottom track is great for pre 78 and back and can be used on pratice days . We put the smaller bikes down there as well so mum and dads are there to over see the young ones .
My fastest lap is the first one :)

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 04:29:15 PM »
Kevin it seems neither you nor the members of your club are aware that on 5th May the General Manager of MQ invited both  QVMX and BMCC, in writing, to a meeting hosted by MQ to resolve exactly these issues.
Brisbane MCC responded immediately signifying acceptance and welcoming the opportunity for such a meeting. To this date QVMX have not responded.
This is all a matter of record, and BMCC members have all been made privy to the relevant correspondence which has been going on since October 24th when BMCC first invited QVMX to an Interclub to be held on 22 May. The invitation was repeated in November, January and again more recently. BMCC also invited QVMX in writing on 26th November for the two committees to meet to discuss dates and other issues. This was also ignored.
QVMX received these invitations, evidenced by acknowledgement by your secretary.
BMCC and MQ have tried to resolve this situation, and as I said it's all on record.

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 06:59:41 PM »
All good Brian the BMCC committee are happy to meet with the QVMX group , so if you can confirm from your side on Thursday we only need a time and place. I think Kev's idea of having MQ to meditate would be good , what are your thoughts

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2016, 08:56:53 PM »
I think MQ will step in so talk of committee meetings and deadlines are irrelevant.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2016, 09:35:22 AM »
Kevin it seems neither you nor the members of your club are aware that on 5th May the General Manager of MQ invited both  QVMX and BMCC, in writing, to a meeting hosted by MQ to resolve exactly these issues.
Brisbane MCC responded immediately signifying acceptance and welcoming the opportunity for such a meeting. To this date QVMX have not responded.
This is all a matter of record, and BMCC members have all been made privy to the relevant correspondence which has been going on since October 24th when BMCC first invited QVMX to an Interclub to be held on 22 May. The invitation was repeated in November, January and again more recently. BMCC also invited QVMX in writing on 26th November for the two committees to meet to discuss dates and other issues. This was also ignored.
QVMX received these invitations, evidenced by acknowledgement by your secretary.
BMCC and MQ have tried to resolve this situation, and as I said it's all on record.

I don't think the QVMX club secretary posts on here.  Also I am aware of the correspondence.  It's time to stop the propaganda war.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2016, 09:41:21 AM »
I dont even know whats going on between the two clubs but it sure would be great to have a separate pre 78/sidecar track.I ran my stock TS185 there on the weekend and found it to be fine but a track with jumps that could be made on the early bikes would be the best.Would pose a problem with watering/marshals etc or might have to run separate dates.
Its the best venue Ive ever riden,my only gripe was the 2 heats of modern bikes to one of VMX.Its great ladies can ride the track and I agree they should be allowed modern bikes.There not many places they can ride in such a manor.Juniors however have plenty of opportunity and places to ride so I recon they all should be on a vintage machines as its a vintage club.What happens when they turn 16 and they are no longer allowed to ride modern?They will either stop coming or become future members.Id much rather see a separate session for pre 78 machines if there was enough to run.All good but if your not having fun doing it its not worth doing.

The other track is a Pre 78/Sidecar track.  There were Pre78s that went on there in separate sessions.  Clearly we need to have better communications.  As for sidecars they choose to only ride with another club.  As for juniors yes when they turn sixteen most will get a VMX bike.  Where do you think the kids come from.  They are with their parents who have VMX bikes.

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2016, 01:06:23 PM »

I don't think the QVMX club secretary posts on here.  Also I am aware of the correspondence.  It's time to stop the propaganda war.

Thanks for your imput Kev, but your choice of words are not helpful,   Propaganda's meaning  is to be biasded or of a misleading nature, the letter submitted above is neither,  its FACT

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 01:47:42 PM »
Round and round we go as the bullshit continues...
I really hope MQ does get involved and kicks some arses! ... there's a growing number of pissed off vmx riders in Qld