Author Topic: Aussie 4 Day Starters  (Read 26701 times)

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
Re: Aussie 4 Day Starters
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2014, 11:23:35 am »
Job well done Nathan. Is the KDX still looking like new? Or is going straight to the poolroom to be mounted on the wall?
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2014, 12:21:42 pm »
Congratulations Nathan. Any chance you could come up for the Masters?

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2014, 12:59:12 pm »
Well done to finish the 4 day at anytime is a huge effort , to do it on a old bike is huge.
Did Ballard do it one once on a 490 Maico?
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline zorroz

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2014, 08:17:52 am »
Well done to finish the 4 day at anytime is a huge effort , to do it on a old bike is huge.
Did Ballard do it one once on a 490 Maico?

Ballard tried one year on a Maico 490 but suffered a dnf due to ignition failure. Must say that Ballard in his mid 50's, can still cut some seriously fast laps. He was only 4 seconds slower thank Price on the final moto track!

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2014, 10:23:31 am »
Congratulations mate, that is a champion effort. Inspired me to go back and read the whole thread again.

The 94 TM is a nice lookin' bike, the 20 year thing is a good story too.

Catch up with you some time. 

Tex

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2014, 04:43:39 pm »
Thanks for all of support and encouragement, gents. Late on the morning of Day2 I was pretty close to going in search of beer to drown my sorrows, but the positivity from people on this forum was one of the reasons I kept going.

Also, a big thanks to everyone who donated money to the cause and to everyone who passed the hat around at various events.

Really, I have a huge list of people who deserve specific, personal Thank Yous... I always try to avoid listing people because I would hate to forget anyone, but I will give it a shot:

My long-suffering wife for everything;
Lard for volunteering to come and be service bitch and for doing a bloody good job of it;
John Robertson for being a service bitch and doing a bloody good job of it;
Mainline for running around collecting and posting the front mousse to me;
Wright Motorcycles for ALL of the help (not least of which was allowing the account limit to be stretched...);
Col Metcher for his publicity and fundraising efforts within the QVMX (and BMCC?);
Greg Scriven for his publicity and fundraising efforts within Heaven;
VMX Magazine for their publicity and fundraising efforts;
Scooter News for their publicity and fundraising efforts;
The Central Coast Dirt Riders crew for their service help;
Phil Gemalas for the accomodation love;
Phteven (that's Stephen with a ph ;) ) Willett for the enthusiasm and parts-spotting;
Everyone at the event who offered support and encouragment, particularly Matt, Luke, Mark, Cuffie, Klee, Bob, Justin, Neil, Mick W, Mick T and Wayne;
Lard's dad for the loan of the ute;
Wog for his servicing help;
Brad for donating a mousse to a complete stranger at the start of the event - that particular gesture was particularly appreciated;

And last - but definitely not least - Relfy for coming up with the bloody idea in the first place!

It really is a seriously humbling experience now that I've typed it out. More so when I consider that I haven't mentioned my mum or Lard's missus or another dozen people who were happy to put themselves out so I could go racing an old dirt bike.

--------------

Right now, sitting here with a bung leg, two aching elbows and numerous other aches and pains... I'm already looking forward to the 2015 A4DE in Tasmania.
Relfy, are you in?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2014, 06:02:30 pm »
We'd love to see all you guys up here for the Masters Vinduro beginning November to continue with the fundraising and incidently have a great time. Half as long and twice as easy as Nathan's effort. No houring out and team mate(s) to share the load.

Offline SuzukiSwill

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2014, 07:10:38 pm »

Right now, sitting here with a bung leg, two aching elbows and numerous other aches and pains... I'm already looking forward to the 2015 A4DE in Tasmania.

You might have to get a more modern bike for Tassie. Time to dust off the TM...

Offline relfy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2014, 10:24:05 pm »
Nathan, now I have a real job where you actually get holidays YES I AM IN and I will commit on this forum , it was a very hard decision to with draw from the event however I knew it would cost me a job  .I have never met you, yet we have had some great conversations over the phone  I look forward to catching up having a few beers and hearing about the experience well done . cheers Relfy

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2014, 07:01:45 pm »
Don't forget the Masters is a featured event in the "Riders Against Depression" fundraiser.
Would be great to see Relfy (I'll sponsor you) and Nathan up here for this.
I'd reckon after I drove down and wobbled around at Gloucester you Heaven types should take a trip to the Gold Coast :-)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2014, 08:21:03 pm »
Yeah, I'm keen. Just not so sure on bank balance or brownie points balance.
Plus work has been a bit messed up.

But it almost sounds like there will be enough riding to make the trip worthwhile. :)
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2014, 11:28:10 am »
Early bird discount extended one week for Masters