Author Topic: What is the Black Cavier equivalent vintage (old) motorcycle on Flat track  (Read 17521 times)

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
IS it the XR750 or that 2 stroke Yamaha that Kenny Roberts rode once. I like them both.
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
all of them because the are bikes and not a horse
astro
champions
trackmaster
starracer
ect ect

Curly3

This is OZ you blokes. Enough talk about Yank bikes that were never ridden here. ;D ;)

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
Yeah enough Seppo talk eh, now what about the Hagon Bully's that Fraze rode Steve ?, they had an impressive list of wins.
Foss

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
The XR750 Harley is the Manx Norton* of flat track. I've never been a Harley guy but once you've seen and heard a field of XR Harleys on full song it'll never leave you. I might be a bit selfish here because I've got one but I also think that the XS650 based OW72 Yamaha needs to be up there as it was good enough to (briefly) knock the Harley off its perch. King Kenny on board didn't hurt of course.

(* or 2 valve Jawa for you Steve ;))
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
steve look at the title FLATTRACK is used so its seppo stuff

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
Yeah, Jim, but most of the people I talk to, mostly non DT folk and some of the more enlightened even, like our local copper, an MX Mum,refer to Dirt Track as, you guessed it , Flat Track, annoys me immensely.
Foss

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Flat Track, Dirt track... Shouldn't we be talking about Short Circuit?   ;D

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
Flat Track, Dirt track... Shouldn't we be talking about Short Circuit?   ;D
Only if you are as old as me and a few others, Graeme ;D
Foss
And, if you're older than that, Miniature TT
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 07:20:46 AM by JAP 454 »

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
While we're about it, what about Herb's Beezer and Eso Hagons ? a shitload of wins on the trot ;D
Foss

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile

Can anyone tell me some history on this bike ? I stumbled across some pictures of it when I googled the name of legendary German engine tuner , Otto Lantenhammer. It is a custom made Weslake V twin, apparently nicknamed the "Black Erna", built in 1983 for a customer in Australia. Was it ever unleashed on the track?

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Otto Lantenhammer
he is a long track equivalent to black cavier he gets hp out of motors and lots of them
jim

Flat Track, Dirt track... Shouldn't we be talking about Short Circuit?   
Only if you are as old as me and a few others, Graeme
Foss
And, if you're older than that, Miniature TT
Posted on: Today at 07:06:47 AM Posted by: Graeme M

i am younger than you bro and i know about short circuit still called that in 1977 as thats whats on dads veterans trophy he won on you elstar jap at nepean
also on mine for 1973 and 1974 2nd place

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
If we are comparing bikes to a famous racehorse, with regard to value or important racing victories, then Ivan Mauger's gold plated 2 valve Jawa would have to be a contender.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 10:05:49 AM by Husky500evo »

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
This is OZ you blokes. Enough talk about Yank bikes that were never ridden here.
Who gives a shit whether they were ridden here or not? You blokes want it all..... we've got page after page of good Aussie dirt track stuff on here so why be so mealy mouth about the occasional bit of Flattrack? Just because you blokes aren't into the bikes doesn't mean we can't have them on here and whether you like them or not, there are a lot of people who do like them. For fluck sake I've got an interest in anything (and I mean everything) that races on the dirt...motocross, dirt track, speedway trials, enduros and yes.....Flat track so why not open up your interest span, you might just find something that excites you. However, if that's not possible you don't have to open the page. Leave it to those that are interested.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha