Author Topic: What is the Black Cavier equivalent vintage (old) motorcycle on Flat track  (Read 17526 times)

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile

Forgive my ignorance on the subject of US flat track, but am I correct in saying that whenever a different make of bike began dominating the Harleys , the rules were changed to either ban them (as in the case of the Roberts TZ) or move them to another class (as with the Rotax powered bikes) ? I think that the Rotax powered flattracker in this pic, shown as an example, was John Kocinski's race bike.   
That is a great shot of Kocinski's bike, is that recent? Jerry (John's dad) was building a new one for John to ride in Kansas, I felt the weight of the pipe and glass, super-light. It may be the same. The aim was to produce the lightest Ron Wood bike ever.

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
Kocinski's two stroke mount is a real beauty as well. They build nice bikes that's for sure. Here is a good example of how to ride a two stroke consistantly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5h0zy-esQk
Bultaco M106 Astro
Wanted: Dirt track bikes / parts / info

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
That Ron Wood Rotax of Kocinski's is as trick as my old Nana's pumpkin scones. Check out the underslung Ohlins shock, P&M wheels and lightweight carbon fibre 'glass and titanium everywhere, the bike just oozes dollars.  Kocinski could of course win on a bog stock dungmobile but why not have the baddest vintage racer out there if you can.? Does it race in the vintage classes Pete?     http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/archive/jkrotax09/

« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 10:46:22 AM by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
he rode a trick xl350????? at the las vegas indoor short track in jan this year and won every race he entered pick on vft
jim

Curly3

Again, sorry for butting in but what Vintage class does that trickery fall into?
Excuse my ignorance of all things Flattrack.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
 If you're refering to the rear suspension Slides, it looks a lot like a friends N.S.U from the early fifties.
pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Curly3

Everything old is new again?
You'd know more about that than me Punchy. ;)
It is a great looking thing though and I'd love to throw the leg for a few laps.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
after the 2 bottles of j&b you will understand