Author Topic: 2013 Australian Post Classic MX Titles  (Read 98207 times)

Lakes MBC

Re: 2013 Australian Post Classic MX Titles
« Reply #330 on: April 08, 2013, 11:30:33 PM »
thanks for your input marshallmech
I`ll close it off now

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 08, 2013, 11:39:08 PM »
5 entries recieved today
MA has been advised that we we won`t be paying the invoice for the $2,200 permit fee

That does sadly sound like the nails are already prepared to be hammered into the coffin.  :( Shame if it's so, if this event doesn't go ahead 2 years running i dont like the chances of another club taking on the job of hosting one like it anytime soon. Sounds like Lakes have done everything they can to make this happen, despite the countless different reasons people have put forward as their preventive for attending i really do think it all comes back in some way to economics. There is just not a lot of spare funds around for many at present, many are even restricted by budget as to how many state club events or Vinduro's or .......... or ............they'll be able to do this year.

I can see how people don't like the idea of "young guns coming in on borrowed bikes to take home a trophy" but maybe thats something that needs to be promoted not downtrodden in order to get the numbers an event like this needs to go ahead, it really is up to the elder statesman of this scene to do all they can in the next ten years to pass on their knowledge, skills, enthusiasm and maybe even some of their bikes to see some regrowth in the sport. If younger guys never have the opportunity to find out about and experience classic/post classic dirt bikes and racing/riding/vinduro it will eventually die with those that started it way back when. The modern bikes that most 20 year olds and under have ridden will never be of any significance as they are all pretty much the same in technology and styling. The golden era will always be just that, their won't be another one so its up to the guys on the way out to teach the "young guns" and "gen y's" just how important everything that happened pre 1990 in motorcycle innovation and design really was. Sure a lot of them are smartass punks who won't care or maybe even tut tut at riding anything that doesnt have a 4 stroke engine that revs to the moon and eight million inches of suspension travel, but there's still plenty of level headed good kids out there who you might just get keen on doing something different/interesting/ hell ya might even get a few that want to learn something about the history of a sport they probably think was born the day they were ::)

This might have started to become a little off topic and i do apologise for that, but i feel its worth peoples consideration. For what it's worth I'm a 29 year old "never was" and i love everything about motorcycling, but certainly didnt learn what i know about classic motorcycles and vmx from blokes my age.  ;)

Cheers, Brendan
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 01:17:33 AM by Rookie#1 »
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 09, 2013, 05:40:24 AM »
Thank you Senior my own thoughts are to qualify you must have competed in 4 or more rounds in your states clubs vmx competition.
I have been to most title events. The most I can remember was three or four at Broadford. You talk as if the events are littered with young guys.
How many title events would you have placed but for the hired guns?
How many title events have you raced?
The fact that the local riders don't want to support what should be a large and great event in their own back yard points the finger squarely at them.
It would be good if we had it up here in Queensland next year. We love to ride up here, not just talk about it.

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 09, 2013, 06:01:21 AM »
Thank you Senior my own thoughts are to qualify you must have competed in 4 or more rounds in your states clubs vmx competition.
I have been to most title events. The most I can remember was three or four at Broadford. You talk as if the events are littered with young guys.
How many title events would you have placed but for the hired guns?
How many title events have you raced?
The fact that the local riders don't want to support what should be a large and great event in their own back yard points the finger squarely at them.
It would be good if we had it up here in Queensland next year. We love to ride up here, not just talk about it.

Brad it would appear that we are much better at talking it up down here. If NSW doesn't support this we deserve all the s#^t that will be thrown our way.

maico police

« Reply #334 on: April 09, 2013, 06:25:42 AM »
Lame the track down. Make the race three laps. Don't prepare your bike. Don't do anything in the way of fitness. Smoke, piss it up, talk it up.

Do you really think you'd be in with a chance at a title?
The fast guys are always going to be fast. Three laps or ten. Jumps/no jumps.

Most club days are more than five laps on a bike and people seem to make it about (yes even the grey haired ones) without the need for a heart massage afterwards.  ???

Challenge yourselves. :-[
(Take a day off work. You'll be dead one day so why fuggin' worry about it!)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 06:43:24 AM by Mont »

« Reply #335 on: April 09, 2013, 07:12:06 AM »
I like what Mont said....

I entered a month ago...I watched what I have been eating... I have been working on my bike to make it faster..not prettier..

I was happy to be beaten by faster guys..was going to soak the experience of an Australian Tilte... but I was going to also have a serious go.

Every night I would do a lap in my head as I went to sleep of Lakes......maybe a bit too much but tell me you haven't once or twice.

To the folk that have been behind the scenes to get this going....thankyou...  to those that sat around waiting to enter but had the handbag of excuses ... sell your bikes now to someone that deserves them....

Offline FireKwaka

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 09, 2013, 07:47:07 AM »
I've entered so I should be entitled to have a say, Firstly a big thankyou to the organising club for putting in the effort to give us the opertunity to have the privelage to compete in a national event. i don't race very often due to time and financial reasons but I try to do at least one event a year with a couple of local club days prior as practice, if a major VMX or VDT event is within my reach I'll do my damnest to be there. I had to borrow money and not ride my bike to save the rings just so I could have a go at this one. I don't expect to win but just to enjoy the experience and say I competed at a national level in the sport i am passionate about will do me. I am still confident there will be a flood of entries this week.
83 KX500, 83 RM250D, Can Am MX2.

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 09, 2013, 08:08:20 AM »
I've entered so I should be entitled to have a say, Firstly a big thankyou to the organising club for putting in the effort to give us the opertunity to have the privelage to compete in a national event. i don't race very often due to time and financial reasons but I try to do at least one event a year with a couple of local club days prior as practice, if a major VMX or VDT event is within my reach I'll do my damnest to be there. I had to borrow money and not ride my bike to save the rings just so I could have a go at this one. I don't expect to win but just to enjoy the experience and say I competed at a national level in the sport i am passionate about will do me. I am still confident there will be a flood of entries this week.

Well done this is what its all about

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 09, 2013, 08:12:50 AM »
Lame the track down. Make the race three laps. Don't prepare your bike. Don't do anything in the way of fitness. Smoke, piss it up, talk it up.

Do you really think you'd be in with a chance at a title?
The fast guys are always going to be fast. Three laps or ten. Jumps/no jumps.

Most club days are more than five laps on a bike and people seem to make it about (yes even the grey haired ones) without the need for a heart massage afterwards.  ???

Challenge yourselves. :-[
(Take a day off work. You'll be dead one day so why fuggin' worry about it!)

Its a good job you don't have to put an entry into heaven when you die some might be waiting a while to get in!

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 09, 2013, 08:21:14 AM »
So many positive comments! What was the argument again? Oh, yeah, late entries wasnt it? Or was it Former Guns competiting?...Im going to probably upset some people, but here goes: Yeah, late entries shouldnt be accepted to a National event-Organisers have to create programmes & the like & it only makes it harder for the volunteers to organise a already difficult event. Who really cares if some gun or former gun jumps on a old bike to run the title? If Gally wanted to dust his Rat Gear off & go for a spin, would he be refused entry? Mick Cook & Steve Maguire have travelled O/S (in the last few years) to race the vetrans on moderns,(not to mention some of our own riders travelling to the U.K &N.Z[ ]) would they be refused if I wanted to hand my bike to them to ride? I always thought that if you had a National MA licence, you were entitled to race where ever you wanted to, with no issues. I was also a "Never Was", but entered in national mx events & supercrosses, just so I could experience lining up against the best in the country. Having a "Super Gun" turn up & race can only improve the profile of the sport & may just get some more young fellas on seats. Without them, our sport will eventually die...
I await my blasting....
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 08:29:16 AM by whitey 43 »

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 09, 2013, 08:46:25 AM »
I personally would have loved to go, but (here they come) work commitments, the almighty dollar & the fact that I drink too much on the weekends, restricting my ability to finish at least 1 of my projects, has stalled my weak arsed attempt to compete...At least im not thirsty ;D
Trophies only tell you how good you used to be....(Decent) Prize money would change the dynamic of what VMX is all about.
In my humble opinion

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 09, 2013, 09:10:57 AM »
for what its worth, I think it comes down to a traditionally non VMX club, ( stand corrected ) throwing their hand up for the movement and not having that full inter club support of VMXers to run with it, good on them for having a go, but what about the piss poor effort of the local VMX clubs, all the hard work is being done for you guys, just turn up and ride, its a National Event showcasing our sport, not a practice day or club day, its a piss poor effort to leave this club stranded which looks like YOUVE DONE.

cheers Worms, how many evo , pre85, pre 90 riders alone in NSW?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 11:59:01 AM by worms »

« Reply #342 on: April 09, 2013, 09:31:41 AM »
for what its worth, I think it comes down to a traditionally non VMX club, ( stand corrected ) throwing their hand up for the movement and not having that full inter club support of VMXers to run with it, good on them for having a go, but what about the piss poor effort of the local VMX clubs, all the hard work is being done for you guys, just turn up and ride, its a National Event showcasing our sport, not a practice day or club day, I hope you never get it again as its a piss poor effort to leave this club stranded which looks like YOUVE DONE.

cheers Worms, how many evo , pre85, pre 90 riders alone in NSW?

Not sure how you arrive at it being the Clubs like Heaven and Northern being at fault.....  "sometimes when you shoot from the hip you shoot yourself in the foot"

I was at the Glenbawn round and we had the Heaven people pleading us to have the event supported and I know all the Northern guys have been passionate about us supporting it as well.

I think you needed to aim at the guy's that happily ride the club rounds but bawk ... for no logical reason.. at the events like MrVMX and this Title event...  Their right not to ride but it it is in the best interests of the sport so I for one feel obligated to enter ......

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 09, 2013, 09:43:07 AM »
Just keep the entries flowing in and then no need to bitch about anyone or anything, I just feel for the Lakes club that put the ground work in for us to have this event and it as yet hasn't got the support it deserves....
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 09, 2013, 09:44:35 AM »
Firekwaka's post kind of makes most of the other lame excuses seem......errr, lame. I know of a couple of forum regulars who aren't doing well financially due to the economic downturn but their love of the sport and their will to see the event succeed has seen them "rob Peter to pay Paul" to be able to afford the journey and entry.  
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha