Author Topic: 2013 Australian Post Classic MX Titles  (Read 107026 times)

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Australian Post Classic MX Titles
« Reply #360 on: April 09, 2013, 04:44:04 pm »
Yes would like a confirmation on Graham's question re riding up. Basically any bike prior to about 1980 complies with Evolution rules.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 09, 2013, 04:47:05 pm »
I am one of those social riders WASP was referring to - luved going to the Nats to have a ride, catch up with my mates and try and finish higher than I did the previous Nats - even had an Inter state thing going with Freaky and Fatboy.  However to be honest the move to the longer races and a more representative approach of what it used to be has made me stop and think that maybe HBBB or CD are my things - hence - the change doesn't suit me so one less entry - and maybe there are a few more like that.  Not for argument - everyone has an opinion and Lakes have moved on what general consensus was and lets hope the vocal numbers are enough to support the concept?
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

STW996

« Reply #362 on: April 09, 2013, 05:32:22 pm »
Graham, I think Trev is looking at it from a previous promoter point of view as he was for the QVMX in 09 (so can speak from experience). He is like a lot of us small business owners and struggling to make it from one day to the next with work at present and need to be there pretty much 24/7. I would love to attend but the 4 days off at present would be a killer.

Firko, when you are robbing Peter to pay Paul just to keep your men employed it leaves little cash left over over for other interests (I can asure you of that!)

As for the format I can see where you are coming from with the 15 + lap racing but if it was back to 10+ lap maybe it could have been a 2 day event (For me travel down Friday arvo/night and back to work late Monday). At the end of the day it is what it is and good on you for putting yourself out there and staging this worth while event.

Shane
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 05:41:18 pm by STW996 »

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 09, 2013, 05:44:11 pm »
No Graham I'm not at this point, as everyone knows Ive not raced for nearly 18 months, i ve done the classic and thats all. Due to the illness and passing of my good friend Lloyd, Worms Racing memmber, it's been very hard to race. in saying this I'll be back at Coles Creek this weekend as a start and have been thinking of the Nationals.

so as I've said, it's a debate that needs to be had for the sport, how do we do it better and easier for the clubs and take the stress out of it.

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 09, 2013, 05:50:39 pm »
So now the finger pointing starts. ::)

The idea of longer races has a few big positives.
1) It is a true representation of Motocross and given the bikes at the Post Classic National are all of the long travel ERAs it seems much more reasonable to have longer races.
2) It is much less likely that a few riders will dominate and if they do then winning 3 x 15+1 motos in multiple classes truely indicates that they are very very worthy Champions. Luck will play a much smaller part in the outcome.
3) Bike preparation, rider fitness, race strategy and rider ability become the measure instead of who has the best bike or who gets the holeshot.

The local club should dominate entries theory. I have not seen the entry list but from my discussions the current low entry break up is along your 70-80% local entries as suggested. The problem is the low entries overall not where they come from.

The 'GUN' rider theory. This is a National Title FFS. I would like nothing better than to see the top 10 current MXers fighting out the Pre90 500 Title what a fantastic sight to see the bikes ridden like they were in the day. Look at Historic Road Racing. Massive grids at the Island Classic and National Titles with many many 'ring in' riders from current top level inter-nationals.

"GUN" riders have always been a part of MX no one complained in the 70's when a certain short Suzuki Factory rider came and cleaned up 3 of the 4 National Titles on his 125. No one said effing Suzuki bringin in a GUN. We all watched in amazment to see what could be done.

If this thing falls over for want of entries I will have a lot of difficulty looking the Lakes Club guys in the eye as I was involved in getting them involved. At this point we need positive input to get the entries in not trying to point the finger of blame that will just result in the Post Classic Titles disappearing up it's own 'A" for years to come. I have probably said too much
So I invited former Lakes Juniors Danny Ham and Craig Anderson to ride,
Is that OK? Or am I buying Trophies?

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 09, 2013, 06:02:47 pm »
Everyone would love to see Hammy and Ando racing old bikes.
Get em if you can
"flat bickie"

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 09, 2013, 06:29:35 pm »
Graham you can have my EVO if you like. Ring me if your keen.
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline Hardo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 09, 2013, 06:39:14 pm »
As of an hour ago my entry is in....   :)   oh and I am from NSW just for you nay-sayers....  :P

Get 'em in guys and lets get it happening !!

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 09, 2013, 07:08:18 pm »
As of an hour ago my entry is in....   :)   oh and I am from NSW just for you nay-sayers....  :P

onya green man ;)
I Hope we get more entrys rolling in over the week , so this event gos off ;)

Offline Ando

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 09, 2013, 07:34:42 pm »
As of an hour ago my entry is in....   :)   oh and I am from NSW just for you nay-sayers....  :P

Same here Hardo! Mine is ready for tomorrows mail, as it was always going to be! As Montynut says I will be late for my own funeral  ;) I have spoken to a few people that are waiting to see weather it is going to happen before they put there entry in! I have told them to get it in the post tomorrow! I'm confident the numbers will pour in!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 07:46:49 pm by Ando »

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 09, 2013, 08:03:47 pm »
Lets make it a NSW invasion at lakes  8) take on the pineapple and mekiko boys :P
I was talking to pepe the frenchmen at glenbrawn he was keen for this event aswell so all fingers crossed he puts his hand up.

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 09, 2013, 08:09:13 pm »
" I have spoken to a few people that are waiting to see weather it is going to happen before they put there entry in!"

this just does not make sense to me?
waiting to see if it will happen and then put in a late entry    WTF

I hope it goes ahead and these people are refused a late entry

Noel

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 09, 2013, 08:11:45 pm »
Here here Noel....
Then they'll  bitch they couldn't ride .
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 09, 2013, 08:25:29 pm »
 I herd over the weekend matt boyd from the central coast who does bike tests for ADB is riding one of my mates bikes and is going to enter this week.
so some maybe just leaving it till the last minute it seems .

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 09, 2013, 08:52:27 pm »
4. Entries
4.1 Entries are now open and close last mail 12th April 2013 (3 weeks prior to event)

I would not expect an enrty posted on friday to get there on time ::)