Author Topic: 2013 Australian Post Classic MX Titles  (Read 107023 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Australian Post Classic MX Titles
« Reply #345 on: April 09, 2013, 09:47:56 am »
I was at the Glenbawn round and we had the Heaven people pleading us to have the event supported and I know all the Northern guys have been passionate about us supporting it as well.

Good Job. 8)  8)  8) Deja Vu,was just discussing this last night in our household  :)
cheers us2 WA
Best is in the West !!

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 09, 2013, 09:54:09 am »

I was at the Glenbawn round and we had the Heaven people pleading us to have the event supported and I know all the Northern guys have been passionate about us supporting it as well.

So where are all their entries then? It's in their backyard.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 09, 2013, 09:57:18 am »
I've got a feeling in my water that the needed 80+ entries might just materialise and the Nats go on to be a great event. That's my hope anyway.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 10:00:43 am by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Scunge

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 09, 2013, 10:14:44 am »
This may have already been covered but if not....

I am just your average vmxer: couple of bikes, attend ride days and most of my local vmx clubs races.

I have always thought that the nationals/mr vmx were really just for the best riders in vmx nationally and that an average/bunny like me would get in the way and hence I should stay away.

I wonder if a lot of average vmxers have the same impression and hence don't bother with nationals/ Mr Vmx?

Maybe one way to help change this impression is make the nationals one of the rounds of the states vmx club, I.e make it round one of viper when it is held in Victoria. Or maybe  promote the fact that it is not just for the guns?

Btw - I am not trying to take pot shots at anyone here, rather I am just trying to offer constructive ideas to help improve.

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 09, 2013, 10:27:16 am »
This may have already been covered but if not....

I am just your average vmxer: couple of bikes, attend ride days and most of my local vmx clubs races.

I have always thought that the nationals/mr vmx were really just for the best riders in vmx nationally and that an average/bunny like me would get in the way and hence I should stay away.

I wonder if a lot of average vmxers have the same impression and hence don't bother with nationals/ Mr Vmx?

Maybe one way to help change this impression is make the nationals one of the rounds of the states vmx club, I.e make it round one of viper when it is held in Victoria. Or maybe  promote the fact that it is not just for the guns?

Btw - I am not trying to take pot shots at anyone here, rather I am just trying to offer constructive ideas to help improve.

Prize money (if any) would be split evenly between all riders that start the first heat of racing (minimum 1 lap)...And you wouldnt get in the way-The better riders will just go around you.

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 09, 2013, 10:28:42 am »
We now have 7 sidecars going to the event so here's hoping it all goes ahead, keep them entries rolling in... : :)
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 09, 2013, 12:12:02 pm »
to run the Nationals is not easy, understatement, and for the lakes to want to do it for the VMX fraternity is amazing, but its got to be said that 80% of your fields have to be your locals, so why have the locals let down the lakes club?

I don't think that's shooting myself in the foot, that's straight to the point, the locals are the basis of the event and all the other Mexicans are a bonus.

Cheers Worms

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 09, 2013, 12:21:37 pm »
100% correct Trev.....where are the locals?......Thats why they cant win the State of Origin either. ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Montynut

« Reply #353 on: April 09, 2013, 12:49:19 pm »
So now the finger pointing starts. ::)

The idea of longer races has a few big positives.
1) It is a true representation of Motocross and given the bikes at the Post Classic National are all of the long travel ERAs it seems much more reasonable to have longer races.
2) It is much less likely that a few riders will dominate and if they do then winning 3 x 15+1 motos in multiple classes truely indicates that they are very very worthy Champions. Luck will play a much smaller part in the outcome.
3) Bike preparation, rider fitness, race strategy and rider ability become the measure instead of who has the best bike or who gets the holeshot.

The local club should dominate entries theory. I have not seen the entry list but from my discussions the current low entry break up is along your 70-80% local entries as suggested. The problem is the low entries overall not where they come from.

The 'GUN' rider theory. This is a National Title FFS. I would like nothing better than to see the top 10 current MXers fighting out the Pre90 500 Title what a fantastic sight to see the bikes ridden like they were in the day. Look at Historic Road Racing. Massive grids at the Island Classic and National Titles with many many 'ring in' riders from current top level inter-nationals.

"GUN" riders have always been a part of MX no one complained in the 70's when a certain short Suzuki Factory rider came and cleaned up 3 of the 4 National Titles on his 125. No one said effing Suzuki bringin in a GUN. We all watched in amazment to see what could be done.

If this thing falls over for want of entries I will have a lot of difficulty looking the Lakes Club guys in the eye as I was involved in getting them involved. At this point we need positive input to get the entries in not trying to point the finger of blame that will just result in the Post Classic Titles disappearing up it's own 'A" for years to come. I have probably said too much

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 09, 2013, 12:55:03 pm »
Yep! Exactly what Montynut said!!!
I hope the meeting is awesome!

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 09, 2013, 01:06:35 pm »
guys< I'm very happy to be corrected, but this is a forum for open debate. you wont problem solve anything unless you debate it.

Cheers Worms

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 09, 2013, 01:42:37 pm »
Sorry guys unable to get more leave as most of it is already committed to our local events.hope it still goes ahead.
My fastest lap is the first one :)

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 09, 2013, 02:31:30 pm »
So far the sidecars are the only class with the numbers for a championship event, next is 6 in EVO Open...

COME ON  ???  ??? ??? ???
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
  • Fast TT meets Drunks Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 09, 2013, 04:00:58 pm »
OK, I dont have a EVO bike at the mom, TT is now sold, but I do have my pre 75 250,to make numbers up can I race it in the evo 250 class or is this going to be called riding up and not allowed.

PS:  WORMS you seem very vocal you going to be there ?
Gosh its a shame a slow 4 stroke trail bike can go so Fast !!

Offline lama

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 09, 2013, 04:15:01 pm »
im riding a EML at the titles ,i can.t really afford to do it with work being slack but the kids are just going to have to eat grass for the next three weeks problem solved, lets get this thing going (see you on the start line) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)