Author Topic: 2013 Australian Post Classic MX Titles  (Read 107027 times)

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Australian Post Classic MX Titles
« Reply #315 on: April 08, 2013, 04:22:09 pm »
You dont need leave, you leave Thursday after work, you have a sicky on Friday and Monday is a holiday so no leave reqd. for you Bri.

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 08, 2013, 05:16:13 pm »
Having been involved in the "split" one of the big pluses for what is now Post Classic as expressed by a lot of riders both on and off the forum was longer and more challenging races commensurate with the more modern bikes ( and generally younger riders).Before any 50yo riders take issue, there are at least two riders over 70 entered.This is what The Lakes is offering.
SOLUTION:- The organisers advise they will consider reducing race lengths on merit on the day.
The 3 day format was to get all the preliminaries over to allow two full days of racing. This is a sticking point for some riders with work committments etc.
SOLUTION :-I understand some early sign on and scrutjneering can take place Sat morning
The lack of camping which throws up issues of cost and convenience is being spoken of.
SOLUTION :- The whole Western side of Lake MacQuarrie is dotted with small towns, camp sites, caravan parks etc. Toronto is 5 minutes from the track. The cost of a campsite for a couple of days is a drop in the bucket in the overall scheme of things.
The inconvenience of packing up each night is an excuse used.
SOLUTION :- A security fenced compound with all night lighting and officials in attendance all night.
"Racing is too full on" expressed earlier on this thread.
SOLUTION :- Its only as full on as you want to make it.
The above is my take on the situation as I understand it, and you need to check with the organisers.

Some satistics :- The Classic C'ship last year in Qld drew a record entry.Does this suggest the Post Classic riders are less supportive?
                         This venue is about the most geographically central possible.
                         There is a strong local Post Classic presence ( Heaven) with I understand over a hundred riders.
                         Queensland VMX Club had well over a hundred riders at their day a week or so ago.
                         ? Viper the main Victorian Club for this era.
                         The Pre85 Club of WA. Guys the WA Pre75 guys make the trek every year.
                          Heaps of clubs have Post Classic riders even if their  focus may be on Classic.
Conclusion :- If this event doesnt go off like a rocket, theres something sadly missing in the Post Classic ranks.

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 08, 2013, 06:16:38 pm »
Yep,
 what he said!

Noel

maico police

« Reply #318 on: April 08, 2013, 06:51:59 pm »

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 08, 2013, 07:28:58 pm »
I hope this runs and maybe they need to bend a few rules and take late entries etc
Can I get a event License and enter late? I wasnt going to ride as I only have pre 77 bikes but I ride to help make numbers. 
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 08, 2013, 07:53:35 pm »
Racing is too full-on--ha
I entered last year in the pre60 class to make up the numbers.......I had an absolute ball riding a Villiers Bantam that was set up for classic trials....And almost pulled off the national class title. FInished 2nd on a count back and confirmed the adage that to finish first, first you must finish. IT capped agreat week end an I wish I could be at Toronto this time for the same reason.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 08, 2013, 08:16:46 pm »
Thats all good Col. After reading the sup regs it appears practice is on Friday with none on Saturday so you still need to be there Friday if you want to learn the track.

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 08, 2013, 09:49:42 pm »
John, ask the organisers. They are keen to make it a success.
I dont think allowing late entries is a good strategy. We ran the 2011 Classic Dirt Track titles, the 2012 Classic MX titles, and the Panpac Games without letting in late entries. If you cant enter on time, you shouldnt expect hard pressed volunteer organisers to accommodate you.
If this falls over because of insufficient on time entries it is the riders and the sport that are the losers.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 08, 2013, 09:58:35 pm »
Two great posts Col  ''Conclusion :- If this event doesnt go off like a rocket, theres something sadly missing in the Post Classic ranks '' covers it in a nutshell.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Lakes MBC

« Reply #324 on: April 08, 2013, 10:07:31 pm »
it was advertised as soon as or before regs were approved & out that entries would close 3 weeks prior to the event to set a format to please the masses.
don`t give us the late entry shit
decision will be made Saturday morning 13/4/13 & will be advised here
we are a club of professional quality
please don`t waste our time
Rob Paric
0438 512183

Curly3

« Reply #325 on: April 08, 2013, 10:20:22 pm »
Back in the day, late entries were rarely accepted and given today's communication's it really shouldn't be recquired.

Offline marshallmech

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 08, 2013, 10:52:35 pm »
Well no camping is the main reason i haven't entered allot will say  there's plenty of towns around to get a campsite at but its the in connivance and also there is not the atmosphere. Good atmosphere good  race meeting IMO.
Hard to do work on the bike if needed in a caravan park and just general prep is also harder .
The main reason it didn't happen in Tasmania IMO was cost and cost plays big part in it all there are people  whom can easily afford it and others that struggle but love to participate but just don't have the funds with all the associated costs of a national event.
And another reason that plays a big  part IMO is that most guys in the scene spend  allot with club fees, license fees, entry fees, bike prep, race the rounds his vmx club run  to come to a national meeting only to have  no chance against the ring in on someones bike whom does nothing for the VMX scene all year but can come and blow every one away on a borrowed bike.Winning isn't everything and just to compete at a Nats is a buzz but is makes you wonder is it worth it when this happens .
Andy Viper #70
Honda CR125 RB
Honda CR125RC
Honda CR125RA
Honda CR250RZ
Honda Z50A

Lakes MBC

« Reply #327 on: April 08, 2013, 10:58:06 pm »
5 entries recieved today
MA has been advised that we we won`t be paying the invoice for the $2,200 permit fee
we have made 120 entries our minimum requirement to go ahead with this meeting
Lakes, Home of Champions

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 08, 2013, 11:11:40 pm »
We had 166 entries for the Classics at Wyaralong, and with all the noise about Pre85 and Pre90 over the past year or so Id have thought this event would draw that number or more.
There is a simple solution to the "ring in" issue if anyone is interested.I must admit there is a case to address this. Not talking about regular young riders sponsored by dads or people that cant ride (health ) themselves.

Offline marshallmech

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 08, 2013, 11:17:34 pm »
Thank you Senior my own thoughts are to qualify you must have competed in 4 or more rounds in your states clubs vmx competition.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 11:19:58 pm by marshallmech »
Andy Viper #70
Honda CR125 RB
Honda CR125RC
Honda CR125RA
Honda CR250RZ
Honda Z50A