Author Topic: 2013 Classic Dirt Track Champs - Main Thread  (Read 91653 times)

Offline ash666

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Classic Dirt Track Champs - Main Thread
« Reply #225 on: July 25, 2013, 05:02:33 pm »
pre 78's WILL BE  1975,1976 and 1977 models only !!!!!! I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT MATE  ;)

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 25, 2013, 05:34:10 pm »
YOU CAN RUN YOUR PRE75 IN EVO

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #227 on: July 26, 2013, 11:42:15 am »
THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS GRASY, WE ARE "TRYING" TO MAKE IT THE BEST TITLE MEET "EVER" AND IT SEEMS THAT NO MATTER WHAT WE TRY, IT GETS THROWN BACK IN OUR FACE..... CHRIST I THOUGHT MODERN DIRT TRACK HAD THEIR FAIR SHARE OF WHINGERS, BUT  ::)

ANYHOW, SORRY ABOUT THE PRE 90'S BUT WE ALREADY HAD SOMETHING LIKE 64 CLASSES WITH ALL THE AGE GROUPS IN THE PRE 70'S,PRE 75'S AND PRE 78'S.... I KNOW WE WON'T GET ENOUGH ENTRIES TO RUN ALL THE CLASSES BUT THAT'S HOW M.A. WANT THE SUPP REGS DONE  ??? REGARDS :ASH

Ash,
I hope you don't think that I am "whinging" about the lack of Pre '90's. As I said I am "a little disappointed" that they aren't on the program but that is mostly because I have 2 bikes for the class ready to go. I have no absolutely no problem now getting my EVO and Pre '78's sorted. As a matter of fact it is a good thing as it is making me pull my finger out and do some work on bikes I have been putting off  :)

I will be sending my entry in the next couple of days.

Now at the risk of sounding like a pedant can you please clarify the tyre rule for me.

You have previously said, "THE TYRE SELECTION "WILL BE" TRIALS/SPEEDWAY TYRES ONLY ON OEM RIM SIZES" yet the Supp Reg's say "TRAILS/SPEEDWAY TYRES ONLY. NO OIL TYRES. OEM wheel size as per GCR."

Now I know it is probably a typo in the Supp Reg's but as this issue has so far been a hot topic and to avoid any confusion leading to people fronting up with wrong tyres could you please state the official position here.

Cheers
Shaun

Offline ash666

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 26, 2013, 12:43:22 pm »
No mate i did'nt actually take it as a whinge it's just a shame we did'nt have room for the pre 90's, the best idea with tyres is put a comp trials on the front and back, no matter what size wheels you have...... i'll be running 21 and 18 trials but if you have a 19 on the front just find a 19 trials for the front ......... CHEERS ASH

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
  • Not anti social just anti idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 26, 2013, 04:46:21 pm »
I'd just like to have room for a pool.
Stop picking fights Grasy and PO to the US. ;)
Will you be back in time for this meeting by the way?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 04:55:17 pm by SlideRulz »

Offline cr4ever

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 26, 2013, 05:35:26 pm »
Ash, another dumb question - is it $150 1st class, $30 2nd class, $30 3rd and 4th classes, additional classes after 4 no charge? ie Entry fee is capped at $210 for 3 or more classes? Or is it just $30 for every additional class after the first one?

211kawasaki

« Reply #231 on: July 26, 2013, 08:20:21 pm »
let clear up some confusion
Its my opinion that 26 in the Sup regs is not compatable with the MOMs as noted in section 18 and 12. Its my view that this section is in the Sup regs in error and will need to be corrected.
Yes; the promoting club can specify that knobies are excluded as is the case in 99% of the events however there needs to be a reason why (for example) no oil tires on what I believe is a hard oil surface (happy to be wrong here)
Will someone from the club give me a rationale for the position on tyres.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 26, 2013, 10:00:57 pm »
Somebody at MA must have passed the sup regs Dave ::).......How did they get past the Commission without any of you sighting them?
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

211kawasaki

« Reply #233 on: July 26, 2013, 10:24:49 pm »
We missed it Mark - it can be changed.

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 27, 2013, 05:55:47 am »
Why not be greatful that we have a National Title meeting with out the split . With all this bull$#!@ over tyres and now wanting to change the Supp Regs to suit a few , why would any club bother .
The way i see it , they are just trying to make it fair for everyone .
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 27, 2013, 07:49:28 am »
let clear up some confusion
Its my opinion that 26 in the Sup regs is not compatable with the MOMs as noted in section 18 and 12. Its my view that this section is in the Sup regs in error and will need to be corrected.
Yes; the promoting club can specify that knobies are excluded as is the case in 99% of the events however there needs to be a reason why (for example) no oil tires on what I believe is a hard oil surface (happy to be wrong here)
Will someone from the club give me a rationale for the position on tyres.

Equal playing field ?????
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 07:51:22 am by Sorelegs11 »
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

211kawasaki

« Reply #236 on: July 27, 2013, 07:17:22 pm »
Gents'
Tell me why?
Its the first CDT meeting that has had the requirement; Im all ears for the reasons why it has to be different.
All my bikes have a knobby front or the option of a 19" front with a Dunlop 190 on it. Been that way in CDT since 88 and never been an issue before but under 26 of these regs it is - tell me why its different in Temora?

Offline ash666

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 27, 2013, 07:37:29 pm »
Because we are trying to make CHEAPER, EASIER, AND CLOSER RACING FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE RIDERS, I know there are about 6 people on here whinging about the NO OIL TYRES issue...... but I've also had between 20-25 phone calls from blokes saying that if we allow oil tyres they WILL NOT TRAVEL UP OR DOWN HERE TO RACE (20-25 = majority) ::) 1st class $150 and every other class will be $30 "per class"... the SAME as Canberra and Brisbane so i'm told, HONESTLY IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT WE ARE TRYING TO DO, GET YOUR OWN TRACK AND RUN YOUR OWN CLASSIC TITLE MEET..... THEN I'LL START PICKING AT SHIT ABOUT YOUR MEETING !!!!!        WE ARE TRYING THIS TO MAKE IT CLOSER RACING FOR THE COMPETITORS AND MORE EXCITING RACING FOR THE SPECTATORS  :-\

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
  • Not anti social just anti idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 27, 2013, 07:43:24 pm »
With all due respect to all involved and I do mean ALL.
This meeting is only about 8 weeks away, I think it's way too late to be criticising or disecting the why's or how's or who's.
Honestly, let's all do our best to make it happen and hold the post mortem on the Monday after.
If this turns to shit no club will be interested next year.
That's been my point the whole way through.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 27, 2013, 07:52:28 pm »
Agree completely. The club has put their hands up to run the event and they've made a decision that in their view will make it a more equal playing field AND a more affordable event. Their regs have been passed by MA and it's now just a matter of weeks away.

The only sensible course of action is to decide if you want to go or not, and those that go to do their best to support the club and have a great weekend.

The washup afterwards will guide us then for the future.