Author Topic: cheap Metisse frames kits - interest? OPEN FORUM  (Read 19286 times)

cheapracer

Re: cheap Metisse frames kits - interest? OPEN FORUM
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2011, 11:00:19 pm »
5 axis gantry mill? Every garage should have one ;D.

We put the beds in a few months ago and have been waiting for the concrete to set and over the last few weeks the guys have been painstakingly leveling the beds to within a thousandth. The new wooden boxes you see around the pit contain the 5 axis head and parts of the gantry...

Heres part of the 5 axis head itself, it's not a small one by the way ..

Heres our current 2.4 and 3.2 meter swing gantry mill that are only 3 axis at the moment for general milling, boring, surfacing etc..

And regardless of talking about it, methods etc, pieces of tube have to be manualy bent eventually to start on the way for a test/dummy frame for the Metisse project, I'm not into it full on yet just dabbling as I'm quite busy with other stuff at the moment, especially trying to get some tennis in daily before the real hot Summer weather starts up in a few weeks time ...

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2011, 06:58:22 am »
I think our turbocharger factory in Jongjing would blow you away, it is the largest single investment our organization has made in China. It is direct copy of our factory in Switzerland with multiple machine cells, the material, jigs etc are transferred to the CNC Mills and other stations with robot cars that are also directed within the cells program.

So almost no people required apart from servicing the machines. cool part is production cell instructions are down loaded from Switzerland so you can operate 2 factories on one set of secure instructions. The other cool part is it is demand based so it will machine an alloy compressor, cast iron casing, big, small parts all one after the other on same machine.
formerly Marc.com

mx250

« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2011, 07:34:18 am »
I think our turbocharger factory in Jongjing would blow you away, it is the largest single investment our organization has made in China. It is direct copy of our factory in Switzerland with multiple machine cells, the material, jigs etc are transferred to the CNC Mills and other stations with robot cars that are also directed within the cells program.

So almost no people required apart from servicing the machines. cool part is production cell instructions are down loaded from Switzerland so you can operate 2 factories on one set of secure instructions. The other cool part is it is demand based so it will machine an alloy compressor, cast iron casing, big, small parts all one after the other on same machine.
;D.

Sounds like both of you have some very exciting projects at hand - at different ends of the spectrum. Cheapo's looks like it's on the up close and personal level 8). Marc's sounds like it's on the awesome OMG level ;D.

Curly3

« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2011, 07:45:09 am »
Mines bigger than yours ;D ;D

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2011, 08:16:22 am »
Mines bigger than yours ;D ;D

sorry didn't mean to get into a my turning center is bigger than your competition, more I am blown away by the new production cell technology ....

as for pictures I am under confidentiality, but feel free to read our press releases

http://www.abb.com/product/us/9AAC910016.aspx?country=JP

formerly Marc.com

cheapracer

« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2011, 12:55:59 pm »

sorry didn't mean to get into a my turning center is bigger than your competition,

Nah thats cool Mate, I know exactly where your coming from. I can stand in production centers all day long and watch machinery in action.

Deyang, my home town, is only 3 million people but has China's leading GDP for heavy industrial. The city is based around 2 main companies, ErZhong and Dong Qi and they are just awesome, they are so large they have their own rail system, police stations, road system, hospitals etc - basically small cities to themselves. Besides many projects Dong Qi is the worlds leading supplier of Wind Turbines and ErZhong has a couple of the worlds biggest forges and built most of the 3 Gorges Dam (all the turbines etc) - we do a little milling and turning for both of them (as many of the smaller companies here do) on our bigger turning centers, I'll post some pics of those in the next few days.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2011, 01:44:36 pm »

Hell yeah, I mean lets face it the Mitesse frame will walk rings about a lot of pre 70 and 74 frames, so there is no real reason to pigeon hole the engine selection into building pure pre 65 bikes, I feel a Rickman TM400 coming on .... put me down for one.

I heard the new rules for 2012 are set to allow any and all new frames that meet original period specs ( geopmetry etc) regardless, so you have a market for them coming if not already.

I have an Sc500 looking for a new frame so if you build one im interested and like graeme mx250 i have a few Dt 1 id like to find light weight homes for.   iF you can knoock em out for $500 put me down for 5 too
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

cheapracer

« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2011, 04:44:40 pm »

I heard the new rules for 2012 are set to allow any and all new frames that meet original period specs ( geopmetry etc) regardless, so you have a market for them coming if not already.

I hope not Mate, lets keep some decency to it all unless I misunderstand your post. My frames will be dimensionally replicated true to the word regardless of loose rules(?).

Gotta say a Metisse SC500 would be a weapon, are they running Classic Desert yet!! - how did you happen upon an SC500 engine anyway?

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2011, 05:37:49 pm »

[/quote]

I hope not Mate, lets keep some decency to it all unless I misunderstand your post. My frames will be dimensionally replicated true to the word regardless of loose rules(?
[/quote]

think you need to read it at least 3 times cheapie (obviously misunderstood the 1st time ;D), :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

cheapracer

« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2011, 06:08:44 pm »

think you need to read it at least 3 times cheapie (obviously misunderstood the 1st time ;D), :P

Curly3

« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2011, 09:46:38 pm »
Mick, you crack me up.
Marc & Cheapy, I'm jealous, being a self employed Metal Fabricator I can only drool over the resources you have at your disposal.
Good luck to you both.
I Just want frame number 2 off the production line, my lucky number.
Not asking for much am I???
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 10:35:53 pm by SlideRulz »

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2011, 10:30:37 pm »

I hope not Mate, lets keep some decency to it all unless I misunderstand your post. My frames will be dimensionally replicated true to the word regardless of loose rules(?).

Gotta say a Metisse SC500 would be a weapon, are they running Classic Desert yet!! - how did you happen upon an SC500 engine anyway?

Sc500 ? i still got 3 of them and a spare motor or 2.  nothing unusual there you should see the stuff i have stashed away , just awaing to get around to riding. 

Ruling from pre60 on is open, So all go on new frames - old specs simple really.  means more bikes and specials on the track can only be a good thing.

18.5.02 frames of any manufacture are acceptable within the suspension criteria and considerate of the era.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 10:35:55 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

cheapracer

« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2011, 12:19:57 am »
Sc500 ? I still got 3 of them and a spare motor or 2. 

Oh I know theres a few SC500's around I was just curious how you came across engines by themselves.

cheapracer

« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2011, 02:23:23 pm »
Thanks Oppet, not a big fan of the XS 650 though, not sure why, never had much trouble with them back in the day other than the vibration.

The response to this has been good enough for me to include it in a separate expansion program for my race cars.