Author Topic: Dealing with Ebay hassles?  (Read 21390 times)

firko

Re: Dealing with Ebay hassles?
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2007, 02:00:41 pm »
Yeah Doc, eBay sometimes does suck, actually not eBay itself but some sellers suck. On the same day I bought two pairs of pretty rare NOS Circle Industries footpegs for my Hindall and Cheney restos. One pair cost $20 BUY IT NOW and $9.75 to ship and fpr the other I paid $9.95 (and here's the crunch) got hit $47 shipping and handling. I complained to the guy and he replied that that is what the USPS quoted him with a "small" handling fee added. He didn't respond to the point I made about the other guy charging $9.75.
The first set arrived arrived yesterday in a sensible sized box with $9.75 stamp on it. Good deal, no problem.  The other set just arrived in a 35cmX29cm USPS box packed full of newspaper with the pegs taking up abour 5% of the space. The box had a $23 stamp on it which means he hit me $24 for handling and $13.25 more than the other bloke for a $9.95 pair of pegs! Like you Doc I won't neg him as I don't want my good feedback wrecked by one tosser. Instead I'll just put it down to a shit deal from a shit seller.
Avoid RETROCYCLEPARTS from Butler N.J. The other seller, Kevin from KM Cycles in Iowa is a good'un who I've used before and since with no problems.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 02:17:42 pm by firko »

Doc

« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2007, 10:56:26 pm »
hmmm..well ya went one step further than me Firko..I wasn't going to drop names as I am still yet to hear back but this dealer is in Nth Carolina  ;)..it maybe an oversight althought the piston was out of the box for the ebay picture. I always get a quote for post now as I too have been stung badly before with excessive postage and handling..shit..1 local guy even charged me $5 handling when I went and picked the part up personally..ass!!

late edit: Here's a goody..I just won an RM125B cdi unit and the guy wants $30US postage :D dipstick! I've paid him $9.95 and told him to send it to a friend in Connecticut..I've bid on more of this guys items finishing later in the week but if he thinks he's going to make a killing on  multiple postage he thought wrong  ;D I love it when a plan comes together..now I just have to win the other stuff  :P
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 11:22:59 pm by Doc »

Offline suzukimx

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2007, 12:38:54 pm »
FIRKO and DOC----getting wacked here in the states--like DOC i try to get a price on shipping before hand as i believe a lot of dealers jack up the price if you get it with a lucky bid (ie--like less than expected by them)---but i just had a classic on three sprockets for my  TMs--(100/125s) ---told the dealer that i would chase them pricewise--if he would agree to parcel post as at this time of the year the dirt here is frozen and we are thinking ice racing !!!---he says no problem---i win them---he e-mails me and says that they will go as he planned and not what he told me as he had alredy boxed them---WTF--would only send them UPS PRIORITY--(our expensive way)---like FIRKO--i do not want to screw my feedback up--so i will let it ride---and in the last few months i have been getting shafted about 50% of the time---but sometimes it seems that it is the only source--an another is the guys selling last chance !!! parts---that are still dealer items for twice what the dealers charge---sent two of these guys e-mails telling them that this was kinda rotten--and in the states the dealer does not charge shipping--but as expected no reply--they start out the bidding at twice the dealer list--and run from there---i guess we are in this for the love of the bikes and some of these idiots are in it only for the $$$$$ and some have even taken to the tmsuzuki website to hawk there wares--anyway just blowing off steam---and will cool off this weekend if we get enough ice-!!!!--will send DOC some pics as soon as we get on the pond---and FIRKO--have you really be hanging around DR. MIKE MCCOOK--as he claims on his website ???---latter and cheers to all down under--buzzymx45
member MSC since 1968 as #45/AMA dist2/34-#45--ACR as #45 and AHRMA #45D--LONG LIVE 125 TWO STROKES

Doc

« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2007, 12:53:44 pm »
yeah Buzzy, I don't mind someone making a little on the side (or a squillion if it truly is a rare item) but when you win something cheap and they try to screw some back with over inflated postage and handling then I get pissed for want of a better word.. 'tis the nature of the beast unfortunately but it seems this year it's really starting to get worrisome. I don't mind opportunists making $$$$ on an auction but blatant profiteering on shipping and other hidden charges I loathe.  Buzzy you'll be pleased to know I got onto those RL forks and TM stuff in Martinez..just as well as they are moving again to Indiana just after xmas and really didn't want to cart them another 2500 miles ;D she'll ship them directly but this time with a street number  ::)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 01:24:12 pm by Doc »

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2007, 02:11:53 pm »
have mentioned it before but the postage was what stung me big from an aussie seller - quoted $60 Melb to Perth but only $15 Melb to the US - I complained so he kept my money - relsited the parts and sold them and then complained to Ebay that I hadn't paid.  Ebay didn't help at all.  I remember his name and one year when I get over to a CD XXXX then maybe I will run into him?

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

firko

« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2007, 03:02:36 pm »
Buzzy....McCook, PJ Read and I have actually been spending some time in Hong Kong recently. Secret mens business of course.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 04:23:09 pm by firko »

Offline BJJ

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Remote PC
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2007, 08:03:13 pm »
hey firko/others,  reading your post on this thread from Dec 4th.  Do you think we can have a club register of these guys that overcharge?

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2007, 08:45:03 pm »
have mentioned it before but the postage was what stung me big from an aussie seller - quoted $60 Melb to Perth but only $15 Melb to the US - I complained so he kept my money - relsited the parts and sold them and then complained to Ebay that I hadn't paid.  Ebay didn't help at all.  I remember his name and one year when I get over to a CD XXXX then maybe I will run into him?

Rossco

rego up a dodggee account and phase away on all his items with bids ! done that to some prick before.  i  buy a lot of stuff and only been finally screwed by one guy in perth where i was stupid in the start.  Never been hit in US, you specify the postage otherwise you cancel the dealon ebay, or worse say you paid and havent posted the goods, ebay wont check and they cancel the deal under mutual benifit, you dont need the part that bad so kill the deal, if any one leave you bad feedback you know you can post up on you feedback under theres your explaination ( ie there a wanker) most people wont check you feedback other than your number but if the see a neg it will show your response.

No point in posting over chargers, but scammers and bad ID sellers should be posted in a sticky thread, with factual comment by poster only, so its equitable to both parties that explain your grevience, saying why the item or deal was bad.

You cant let scammers get away with it, dont pay for excessive handling, if you think youll be pulled off, use your 2nd account to do your buying, then blaze away  ;D
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline suzukimx

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2007, 09:34:46 pm »
FIRKO--thanks--little off subject--DR M.MCCOOK was kinda quite when guestioned about a pic with some nice females in it--(HONG KONG)---looked like a BAR and --WELL HE JUST SAID IT WAS BUSINESS--THANKS !!!!---now back to my e-bay acct.-then off to work--and its starting to look like the money is getting tight here in the USA---just missed a puller by 50 cents-(usa)---latter and as you guys say--cheers--buzzymx45
member MSC since 1968 as #45/AMA dist2/34-#45--ACR as #45 and AHRMA #45D--LONG LIVE 125 TWO STROKES