Author Topic: Dealing with Ebay hassles?  (Read 21393 times)

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
Re: Dealing with Ebay hassles?
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2007, 08:36:30 pm »
Agree with Nathan totally on logic being foriegn to Mr Yamaha.  From what I can gather shafts both have 14 teeth (10 more than my wife  :D :D :D).  As you can probably read from the prefix the 465 shaft fits G and H.  TonyB have you put the 250 shaft beside the old one and run some calipers over it ??

Sorry - that's the best I can offer. ::)  As usual for the 250H that shaft fits one model only - there are heaps of parts that are unique to the 250H.
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2007, 09:01:55 am »
mmmm you all got me wondering, the teeth number on the shaft are the same as 465 as well as the part of the shaft that goes into the clutch. The shaft on the laft side of the gear is the same length etc and splin size but ocerall diameter is quite a lot less than the 465 shaft. I believed it might be a 250G shaft as its part number is 3R4-17411 and the 465 H is 3R5-17411 which is only one number out. Does anyone know the difference between teh two shafts.?
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2007, 09:52:59 am »
So dude are you saying you've got a 250G shaft not a 250H ??  The prefix numbers are 3R4 for 250G and 3r5 for 465G.  465H uses 465G shaft (hence the 3r5 number).

Sounds to me to mostly the same.  Not sure which part is smaller overall diameter.  How about some pictures of the side by side.

We porabably should be careful about hijacking this thread as well (although I think you are close to a solution)
Cheers

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2007, 12:35:14 pm »
Thanks whyzee, I can't take foto together as all the gears are on the 465 shaft, not going to remove all  the circlips, but if you picture a 465 shaft its identical to that except for the left hand side , the side with the long splines to which the gears slide on. The shaft I got on ebay has a much smaller diameter in the long spline section. if someone can identify it i might be able to sell it or return with good info to ebay seller who is in USA.
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2007, 05:26:04 pm »
The bearing at the opposite end from the clutch is different between the 465G and 250G so I would assume that the outside diameter of the 2 shafts where the bearing runs is different.
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2007, 03:00:08 pm »
Anyway... Back to ebay hassles.  Can anyone tell me the exact limit on leaving feedback.  Someone earlier said it was 3 months.  So is it 3 months or 90 days.
When would I need to post feedback if my purchase was 1 October at 19:00 hrs.  Does daylight savings change anything.
Need to leave feedback for someone that sent me the wrong item.  I sent that one back and the correct one never turned up.  So now I have nothing to show for my money, plus I'm out the extra postage to end the other thing back  >:( >:( >:(

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2007, 03:18:56 pm »
Give him the NEGATIVE feedback now, then go to his other item listings and send a message to everyone who is bidding on his stuff, telling them what a worthless thieving shit he is and to not send the prick any money. ;D
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2007, 03:26:24 pm »
Not a bad idea CG.  I was a bit concerned about my own feedback.  The little sh1t might just stuff up my 100%.  That's why I was going to wait until the last minute to post NEGATIVE feedback.  Luckily my investment was only about $40 but it's the principle of the thing.  You just don't do that sh1t >:(.
Anyway I lodged a dispute as soon as he stopped answering my emails.  He didn't respond within the 10 days, so I closed it off and apparently it goes off to ebay.  They reckon they can't tell you what they are going to do to him, so I'm guessing it's not much.
I will definitely be letting the other bidders know  ;).
Cheers   

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2007, 10:19:08 pm »

I'm with Cyclegod on his suggestion.

Unless we are talking big ticket items the bidders are always shown (the big ticket stuff with concealed bidders is a croc of shit - just another ebay contrived scam). Contact all the bidders simply using a cut and paste of what you what to say which really doesn't take too long.

When Mr Seller doesn't get the high bids anymore for his shit that does the trick for me.

One for Nathan and others, and it's only advice, not criticism. Treat others as you like to be treated and remember that unless you are the owner of Kmart or some such enterprise then you are just one of millions of people world wide enjoying the buying and selling which evil bay offers we mere mortals. Some mortals are super efficient and honest while others are total slackers.

After years of buying and selling on ebay I have picked up all sorts of good stuff, often at very good prices. I have made some good friends on ebay and have been TOTALLY scammed by one individual who was just an out and out thief who with any luck has just been diagnosed with advanced penile cancer with the only cure being amputation !!! Thurlow Paul Schmieding of 28 Lee Circuit, Concord, North Carolina, you sir are a thief and a scumbag.

I never push either buyers or sellers as I realise people don't always put ebay first.

As to the postal issues, take charge of the situation. Let the seller know that you want the name of the carrier eg US Postal Service, the weight and dimensions of the parcel. With that info you can then access the relevant shipper and check their rates against what the seller has claimed and if you are convinced you are being fleeced inform the seller and provide relevant proof that he is overcharging and thereby resolve the issue BEFORE you pay.

Another tip is to ALWAYS insure the item and get a scan of the documents if possible or at the very least get the numbers of the 'policy' for additional proof.

On a positive if you have had a good deal the least you can do is use the feedback facility to let the world know that for your deal a least the person did the right thing - it's not hard stuff to do.

Thats my two bobs worth.

See you at the back of the pack in '08  ;)
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2007, 10:10:43 am »
Dispute raised and closed due to no response from seller.  Negative feedback left.  He doesn't have any items for sale at the moment, but I'll be keeping an eye on him ;)
I don't think there is any more than that I can do except hope that he doesn't leave me negative feedback :-\
FYI - toolhaus.com is an excellent tool for checking people's feedback (but you probably already knew that)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 10:13:28 am by YZ250H »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2007, 08:59:38 pm »
FWIW, both of mine worked out in the end.

The N64 one probably bears explaination:
I worked on the seller, just ground them down. Made sure my nose was squeaky clean - was unfailingly polite, but totally persistant.
Eventually, and somewhat unexpectedly, we got our money back.

I like to think that the seller realised that I wasn't going to go away, and that their easiest option was to send me my money back.

Is Muncher555 on here? I'm about to start hassling them for my crank seal...
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2007, 10:33:24 pm »
Nathan I and some friends have all had a few deals with Muncher 55 and have had received all items quickly in the post, in excellent order too. Really I do not think you have may been misled by this seller. Tim754
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Doc

« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2007, 10:05:46 pm »
uh huh, I believe I have dealt with Muncher 55 before also and don't remember a problem. I've been waiting on quite a few items of late and post both here and overseas seems awfully slow at the mo..over a week so far from Sydney to Bris  ??? could be good ol' Aussie post not doing their thing

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2007, 10:09:57 pm »
Yeah, OK. My internet access has been pretty crappy lately (note lack of forum participation), so maybe there's a simple explaination.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Doc

« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2007, 12:40:52 pm »
here's something to make ya feel better Nathan..this ring is part of a nos Wiseco piston kit for my TM75. As you can see it is in brand new condition..the piston while not as new looking as the ring does have some nasty pitting in the skirt and gudgeon orifice. I paid about $60 for this new kit. In hindsight it's worth about $2 and that's for the vintage sticker that came within. (it's probably 'ted too) I'm awaiting a reply but I don't expect any good will come of it. Not gonna give nasty feedback as then I'll wear it so it'll be no feedback..Sometimes ya win sometimes ya lose but I do understand how annoying it can be  ;)

click on pic for bigger image.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 12:47:34 pm by Doc »