Author Topic: Dealing with Ebay hassles?  (Read 21395 times)

Doc

Re: Dealing with Ebay hassles?
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2007, 07:12:39 pm »
from the ozvmx.com homepage  ;)

Need help with shipping from the US?

We received this email from Buddy Johnson in the US, offering to help with shipping. I don't know the guy and cannot vouch for his integrity, but pass on his offer here for anyone who might be interested.

"I wanted to post on your site a service of shipping eBay items from the USA to Australia..I've done this service for a couple of guys in Australia over the last year (one being Peter Worrall @ Husky Parts AU) who wanted to bid on items on eBay in the USA, but the sellers stated won't ship out of the country..so they have won the item/s and then had the item/s shipped to me..I then do the customs forms and repackage if necessary then post to Australia for them for a small fee & the shipping..if this is a service that I can do for you guys down under let me know..Thanks, Buddy "maicobuddy" Johnson"

Email Buddy at [email protected]

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2007, 07:29:48 pm »
yep thats it, what Doc said but clearer than me  :-*

« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 08:02:40 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2007, 08:03:18 pm »
nanananannnna  batman -----(  boom headshot  )
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2007, 12:56:39 pm »
I doubt that anyone GAS, but here's an update:

I opened a dispute on Ebay.
Seller says "send it back and I'll refund".
I say "Fine, but what's your address to send it to?"
Wait for a week or so, no reply.
Send another email - "I need your address so I can send it back".
Finally get an address.
I send it off, registered post.
Seller collects it from the post office.
After a couple of days, I enquire about my refund.
Nothing.
This morning, I sent another email asking for my refund, with the promise that I'd escalate it within the Ebay system if I don't get my money soon.

I'm not holding my breath, but I'm not giving up either. I think I've worked out a non threatening, non-violent way of reclaiming my money if he doesn't come good - but I obviously am not going to talk about it until I've tried it.

In other news, I sold a car on Ebay.
Made a big deal about 'Payment with 7 days you f$%kers' and was generally a cranky old bastard in the ad.
The auction ended on Friday night when I was up at CRC, so I didn't send out the invoice until Monday.
So I said "7 days from now".
Nothing.
Sent the guy another email saying "what's happening? When are you going to pay me, and when are you going to pick it up?".
A couple of days later he replies with "Oh, what's your account details?" (they were in the invoice...).
So I send them to him.
Then last night, he replies with "OK, I'll transfer the money tonight".
So I sent him back an email saying that I expect him to send me a reference number for the direct deposit or I'd relist and leave neg feedback.

Where should I go from here? Give him another day or two or jump on him?

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

firko

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2007, 01:21:02 pm »
Be patient and understanding with the bloke, just like I was with you with your drawn out eBay payment.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 01:27:34 pm by firko »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2007, 03:48:52 pm »
Smooth, very smooth.

;D
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

All Things 414

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2007, 03:53:54 pm »
;D :o;CHORTLE!! ;D  :o I wish I could make come-backs like that........
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 03:59:15 pm by All Things 414 »

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2007, 03:56:16 pm »
I bought a new nos"yz465" main gearbox shaft on ebay , when i recieved it, its a yz 250H shaft. I am loathe to send it back to them (slicks) even thought they recon full refund including my postage, as i recon i could sell it on ebay for same if not more money than i paid for it $80 au?? do i trust them and send or resell? anyone want a new primary yz250 shaft? ;D
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2007, 04:05:19 pm »
yep i forget to pay people, then i leave the bank details at home, just means some time people get lost in transit, but if he is local ask him to come over and pay be quicker and easier than relisting it, but before you do lodge unpaid item dispute so he has to repond, and if he dont you can get a full refund on the sale price , list price, etc etc so your not out of pocket, do that first and you can see if his ears prick up. nothing ventured nothing gained !
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Doc

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2007, 06:19:47 pm »
Personally I am pretty easy going with people. Takes a lot to get me jumping up and down. If they don't play ball well I don't get all flustered about it. Cursing or making threats simply gets everyones hackles up and makes the experience rather bitter on both sides. Patience is a virtue. Give it a couple more days and then simply relist it if the funds haven't shown. Lifes too short to get stressed by the eBay idiot factor  ;)

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2007, 07:01:42 pm »
Hey TonyB,

What is the part number for that shaft ??.  I will have a look at zedder, 'cause many of the parts of the 250 are the same as the 465 (there are heaps of examples).

Cheers  ;)
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2007, 07:20:10 pm »
sshhhhhh
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2007, 07:48:00 pm »
250H = 4V3-17411-00
465H = 3R5-17411-00

Logically, when Yamaha decied that the 250G 6-speed wasn't strong enough, they would have fitted the 465G gearbox to the 250H... But this is Yamaha, so logic is often a foreign concept.

oldfart

« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2007, 08:00:28 pm »
Ok
     Heres this weeks beauty .....won this  Item on evilbay USA. Item cost $9-90 ( rm 125b cdi unit)  $18-80usd postage arrived in the post no problems last week.
Today I get a bill for $47-30 Quarantine processing fee,  :o
The lesson learnt here is to  TELL THE SELLER NOT TO PUT USED MOTORCYLE PARTS on shipping docket.
And yes I paid the $47-30
Yep DOC we are dead for a long time and alive for a short time   :)