Author Topic: Dealing with Ebay hassles?  (Read 21396 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Dealing with Ebay hassles?
« on: August 05, 2007, 06:53:42 pm »
As much as Ebay shits me, I will admit that I've had a good run, in terms of avoiding being ripped off.
Until now...

Bought a Nintendo 64. Advertised as being in working condition.
Got it and guess what... Yeah, it doesn't work.

Sent the seller a polite email saying "I doesn't work" and have received no reply (they're an ebay store, so they sell heaps of stuff, and I have no doubt that they've read the email).

Then I went and had a look at their feedback... Several other people have given them negative feedback ("Item doesn't work") and they always cop neg feedback in return.

So... Seeing as I've done nothing wrong, is there any way to give this arsehole a hard time without copping neg feedback myself?

Oh, and forking Fagan's Fabulous Finds (ephantcc) gets the thumbs down from me (totally different issue).
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
Re: Dealing with Ebay hassles?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 07:17:54 pm »
To avoid a neg feedback wait until the 3 month cutoff date is just minutes from being up and hit them with a Negative blast. If you time it right they cannot respond to it by dumping one on you as the opertunity to leave feedback has passed by.
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 07:18:41 pm »
hey Nathan.   let the process take its course.  send another email stating  that  if the issue is not attended two within three days  that is satisfactory   then a dispute will be registered  with Ebay. Lodge the dispute  and the seller must respond and ebay will decide .. if you win the dispute you can apply to have any negative feedback removed from your profile. There are  time constraints for action and recourse so do check them out

Do  reread the original  advertisement for the item under question and  be  concise with your email of what you expect to occur to the seller .
cheers.

orr if your willing to wear the  monetary loss. wait  till the very LAST  day allowed for feedback then hammer them good and  they have  no time to sting you back.. Timing be essential here.

Offline gorby

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 11:35:43 pm »
had the same problem with a bike wrecker that advertises their wares on a shiny piece of chequerplate.

when questioned over their poor description of good condition,and receiving no reply,I left negative feedback.

They then gave me a negative feedback as a payback,even though they had full payment before sending goods.

E-bays best offer was to agree to disagree and pull both negatives from public viewing.
I left it as it was,at least anyone viewing my tarnished feedback record could see my reply.

All in all,it was only one incident in many positive transactions.

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 11:45:50 pm »
Honesty be the best policy Gorby.  Good to see men of character  like you still exist

Offline crs-and-rms

• Legend
  • heaven 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 09:22:28 am »
how did you pay for the item ? i use only paypal if they dont have then i dont buy from them. i have a case open with a seller right now and its done throught paypal once its open you have 15 days to sort it out with seller  then if its not resolved you have to  inform paypal and they take over, good luck :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 09:24:47 am by crs-and-rms »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 09:37:33 am »
Not PayPal...
Sent this, this morning:
Hello again,

We've tried it on a different TV and it still doesn't work.
I would like a full refund of both the purchase price and postage costs. I am happy to return the item to you once I have recieved the refund.

If you do not offer a satisfactory response within three days from now - Thursday morning - I shall file a complaint with Ebay.

Regards,
Nathan.

Gorby, I'm in the same boat with Fagan Fab Finds... I know I'm gonna cop retalitory feedback, but I'm pissed off enough to wear. Plus I have been careful enough in doting my is and crossing my ts that I know the truth will be clear to anyone who cares.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 11:04:24 am »
I wish I would have known you can have mine for ........................a fantastic finders & fossickers fee ;D
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 11:34:30 am »
What is it about ebay?? when ya buy something, pay for the item and have to wait for feedback from the seller. Once you've payed for the item you've honoured your part of the deal. Thats when the seller should leave feedback for ya, (not after the item arrives and you leave feedback for him). And after that they still get the chance to reply to the feedback you post. Its the sellers market out there on ebay because even if they didnt get the price they wanted, they just up it with handling costs. Lives a bitch, and then ya find evil-bay.
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 12:31:00 pm »
Having a similar tussle with a Goose in the US.  YZ250 '03 footpegs.  US$22.51.  Not bad you say.  Until he wheels out the "standard" $40 shipping and handling charge. >:(  Oh Well I say.  Put it down to experience and make sure you ask how much it is next time.  No problem.
He advertised Pay Pal Ok so I go to pay on Pay Pal and it tells me the seller is "currently unable to recieve payments".  So I tells the bloke and his (only) response was Ok send money order.  I say no way PayPal only and never hear anothe thing.  Should I start a dispute ?

On second thoughts where does tahitian red live??.  Maybe I could send him round to soften this guy up a bit :).
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 12:38:13 pm by YZ250H »
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline crs-and-rms

• Legend
  • heaven 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 01:24:14 pm »
yes do it today log a despute with paypal ,there is one way i had same problem with seller couldnt pay him his paypal said the same thing ,he thought that i didnt want to pay up i got him to send his paypal email address to  me and then i went into paypal and entered his email and paid him ,havent got the bits yet but finggers crossed

Offline crs-and-rms

• Legend
  • heaven 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 01:26:01 pm »
oh you only have 45 days protection ,so do it before this time

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 05:52:17 pm »
the only problem i have with ebay is a certain user constanly outbid me not pointing any fingers (spacmazdaspac) nathan  :D
MUGEN power

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 06:11:37 pm »
News to me!?
I think the only time I've outbid someone recently was on the 125F - and they obviously weren't too serious 'cause their max bid was the starting bid.

Another forum member said to me that he won't bid against other people he knows (and that they should return the favour). The unwritten code is that who-ever bids first gets free run at it, and only has to beat the nuffies (and unknown enthusiasts, I guess). Saves pushing the prices up (and possibly causing agro) for no reason.
I've tried to do the same - so if I've failed, I apologise!

Doc

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 06:27:03 pm »
Nathan unfortunatly I find giving no feedback is better than having neg thrown back at me. There are stories like this everywhere and I too have been delt a few rip-offs. It's strange but the 2 people mentioned on this site in recent times I have dealt with personally and they have both been more than fair. One was ephantcc (Steve) and the other is Dirt Squirters (Richard) I've been out riding with Richard as well as buying parts/bikes and I've also dealt a few times with ephantcc and both are regular everyday blokes whom went above and beyond the original deal offered (all in my favor!!). Different strokes for different folks. I wouldn't bag too many people publically unless it's a huge deal gone bad as it's surprising who knows who in the local bike scene ;) write off the loss as a bad experience yes but be carefull with your comments if you feel the need to go public.  Surprise surprise but I don't bid against people I know either unless I have made prior contact and confirmed it won't cause any undue stress or friction.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 06:30:26 pm by Doc »