Author Topic: Pre 90/Pre 95 in Classic MX. An idea whose time has come?  (Read 52747 times)

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Pre 90/Pre 95 in Classic MX. An idea whose time has come?
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2010, 06:58:18 pm »
yawn, enough changes and classes exist, why on earth does anyone have to prove anything to you Nathan, are you some god that we should worship, i think not, how many times do you have to repeat yourself, i think we all heard you the first time, learn to disagree mate and move on. at the moment your just a shit stirrer and you lose any creditability by the way( yawn) you hold yourself to be debated.

Geez, go and enjoy your family!

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2010, 07:19:59 pm »
he would gain more respect by typing less, he comes accross smug.

Trev

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2010, 07:39:30 pm »

Actually... that IS an idea.

VMX is Vintage MX for bikes made before Pre 85 and run to current rules (tho we need to do something about Evo).

RMX is Retro MX for the bikes from 1985 on. And the first era is Evo 2 from 1985 to 1990, ?? 1990 to 1995 and then New Era 95 to 2000. Retro works as a concept and can just keep on adding classes - it's old dirtbikes. But Vintage MX is the original and the greatest.

I need to start a new website - OzRetroMX...

This is the best thing I have ever read.

Bullshit DJ  :o You told me the best thing you ever read was Penthouse march 1975 when you were 12  ;D
[/quote]

I didnt read Penthouse march 1975, I thought it was a pictures only book....  ;D
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2010, 07:48:03 pm »
Nathan, I'm doing what I like doing now (riding vmx/racing vmx/restoring and socializing vmx) with no pre90/95 bikes around, but bring them into the scene and it will have an impact and that is very relevant.

OK, no worries - what's the impact on you? Real stuff that actually affects you, not "I don't like his hair" or "Did you hear who he's going out with?"...

The real stuff that affects me is 'in my opinion these arent what I consider Vintage' and I would pack up my toys and go. Thats the impact on me, just me, not anyone else.
I would then go off and race vintage else where.
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2010, 08:56:53 pm »
Yep, this thread has gone the same way as the pre-95 one...

And now for something completely different...

suzuki43

« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2010, 09:03:19 pm »

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2010, 09:14:18 pm »
And now for something completely different...

that very unfair AjayVMX  :( .......................were is the vintage bike in that brain  ;D
cheers A

Oops.  Sorry Alison.  Depends on the time of day...  :o

shoey

« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2010, 08:16:58 am »
A fellow go's away for the week-end trail riding with some friends and loooooooook what happens.

lets shake it up guy's.

lets stop the rubbish

Who going to shake it up , get up and have a  go to get this pre-90 show on the road.

No more talking about it, the good ,the bad and the ugly , not argue the point about whats  vintage and whats not,  actually get it together and have a meeting , not a talk fest meeting , "a ride meeting".

You just need to go to a club that has fair and open constitution , put up your idea , do a little bit of work to get the meeting going.

Why are people so hooked on "Heaven" doing it , the pre-90 thing. No good bagging them if they dont what to do it.

They are hard pressed getting though the programmes they have , and more to the point why should the people that volenteer their time to run the club have to put in even more time.

Have a little business plan and couple of sponsors , because based on the ideas , i have seen to date " NONE " i wouldnt back it.

You and your organising comittee mates probably wont get to ride because you will be busy getting it together to make it a real success , so the club you choose will make a profit for their efforts , but you wont mind becuase your so keen to get it going that doesnt matter.

I have little interest in riding that era of moto X bikes but i would like to watch them go round.

Basically , if you want it , actually do something about it ,because all this aimless chatter does your cause no good

« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 12:12:20 pm by shoey »

suzuki43

« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2010, 11:40:41 am »

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2010, 12:43:19 pm »

Why are people so hooked on "Heaven" doing it , the pre-90 thing. No good bagging them if they dont what to do it.

Basically , if you want it , actually do something about it ,because all this aimless chatter does your cause no good

Hi Rob

I don't think people are hooked on HEAVEN doing it. It is just that the HEAVEN club already exists and was in fact started in the first place to give bikes later than pre '75 somewhere to ride.

My feelings on the matter extend more to my desire to see the long term viability of the HEAVEN club. The continual drop off of numbers in the earlier classes presents a risk that needs to be addressed for HEAVEN to continue to prosper in its current form. Personally I think that it will be a losing battle trying to entice more participation on earlier machines in NSW. I know pre '75 clubs work in other states, and good luck to them,  but I am talking about NSW. I feel that the future recruitment of competitors lies in attracting 35-40 year olds. And no matter how you look at it the vast majority of these guys would have little interest in pre '75 bikes.

Cheers
Shaun

shoey

« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2010, 01:59:34 pm »
Fair call Shaun

May-be not hooked on the idea , but lets be real honest here , they expect it.

But if people want pre-90 / 95 , those parties most interested should develope a plan .

What i was trying to get across prior to this , words , well  words mean nothing and a great plan with positive actions speak for themselves.

And to keep it light hearted

If you dont get in the groove you wont get the move

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2010, 06:09:43 pm »
I note, with a great deal of amusement, the three full page picturess of 86+ bikes in the current issue of VMX.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2010, 06:36:11 pm »
I note, with a great deal of amusement, the three full page picturess of 86+ bikes in the current issue of VMX.

Nathan,
I never realised you were so easily amused. 3.57% coverage in one issue doesn't really add much to your case.

The majority of posts have said that they like the bikes, and would be happy to watch them go around, but you keep coming back like a dog to a bone asking for 100% approval. Sorry I think you are going to be disappointed.

I'm with Shoey. This thread is 'fished out waters', the time for talk has passed, the time for action has arrived. So back to you…

Good luck
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

firko

« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2010, 06:59:30 pm »
Having been entrenched in a number these drawn out philosophical discussions with Nathan in the past I've come to the conclusion that no matter what your opinion is on the particular subject is, if it's different to Nathans he'll keep hammering post after post to try and convince us poor bastards that he's right and that none of us are 'sensible' enough to see it. One by one everyone usually drops off the discussion, worn down by his bull terrier persistence and need to convince us that he's right.

I feel drained after one of these sessions, hence my early surrender in this particular debate. I feel like I've surrendered to the enemy to end the war. ::)

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2010, 07:01:15 pm »
note, with a great deal of amusement, the three full page picturess of 86+ bikes in the current issue of VMX.

Ha ha, i noticed that too, when i was reading the mag 10mins ago i saw that Husky and i was thinking that cant be pre 85 model but then i was also asking my self if there is a cut off at CD or not?. It didnt bother me though.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022