Author Topic: You Know What I Hate, What I Really, Really, Hate?  (Read 51175 times)

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
Re: You Know What I Hate, What I Really, Really, Hate?
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2010, 07:03:16 pm »
Yep Matcho, this guy needs rooting and to rip off a young bloke into the bargain...
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2010, 09:32:25 pm »
Someone a couple of streets away, playing an album that appears to be made up of multiple different versions of Foreigner's "I Want To Know What Love Is" at high volume this afternoon. As well as the original, there was a R&B version, a dance-music version, a teeny-pop version and several others that were so incredibly bad that I'm keen to erase them from my memory.

I am not making this up.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2010, 10:13:01 pm »
MANY years ago, guy across the road from us would play April Sun In Cuba on auto for 2 hours straight. Absolutely full-blast, over and over and over.. did it for weeks.

firko

« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2010, 10:33:09 pm »
It must be more common than I thought....my normally quite sane and nice back fence neighbour had Emerson, Lake and Palmer's 'Lucky Man' on continuous rotation from 5pm to around midnight one horrible Saturday evening about 15 years ago. A few years later he put us through 4 hours of 'Dark Side of the Moon' on full noise. I now cringe whenever I hear any Prog Rock music.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 10:34:59 pm by firko »

TT

« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2010, 10:43:54 pm »
I now cringe whenever I hear any Prog Rock music.

I guess I need to leave all my Rush and Dream Theater albums at home when I come to visit then??    :(

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 17, 2010, 10:45:32 pm »
firko
dont mind dark side of the moon,we used to use it as backing tracks on our home made surf movies in the  mid 70s. occy straps surfboard hitch hike to the beach and back.fun days all of 15years old
jim

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2010, 09:12:18 am »
Canada is very expensive for postage.  Try $100 for a Canam tank surface mail and 3 months.  Would hate to have thought what air mail would of been.

DR

« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2010, 09:14:34 am »
agree'd Canada post make Australia Post look good :D

firko

« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2010, 09:35:02 am »
agree'd Canada post make Australia Post look good
Yep....I avoid buying from Canada and the UK for that reason.  recently bought a motocross jersey from the Ukraine and the shipping was only $2.40 so I don't know how the Canadians and Brits can charge so much.
 Oz Post is actually pretty good but the cheapest by far is China. If you order/buy something on Monday you've usually got it by Friday and the postage cost is really low. In fact, many Chinese eBay sellers offer free shipping. I
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 09:39:01 am by firko »

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2010, 09:48:20 am »
RE CB250 SEEMS THIS BLOKE IS SELLING FOR PROFIT to do this you need a dealers lic,motor vehicle wreckers licor 2nd hand goods dealers lic at least in qld you do.would be worth a ph call to relevent gov office ie office of fair trading

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 18, 2010, 10:02:02 am »
I've found UK shipping to be pretty reasonable.  Even bought some Myford lathe parts from the UK and the shipping was cheap considering the weight of them.  I've been buying Timpo cowboys for my son (Although I'm starting to think it's for me) out of the UK and the shipping has been very reasonable especially compared to Germany.

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2010, 11:00:57 am »
RE CB250 SEEMS THIS BLOKE IS SELLING FOR PROFIT to do this you need a dealers lic,motor vehicle wreckers licor 2nd hand goods dealers lic at least in qld you do.would be worth a ph call to relevent gov office ie office of fair trading
yeah,you'd think!,orifface of fairtrading suggested the softly softly approach,ie result,lots of placating phone calls,big help there!, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 18, 2010, 12:38:06 pm »
Someone a couple of streets away, playing an album that appears to be made up of multiple different versions of Foreigner's "I Want To Know What Love Is" at high volume this afternoon. As well as the original, there was a R&B version, a dance-music version, a teeny-pop version and several others that were so incredibly bad that I'm keen to erase them from my memory.

I am not making this up.

When the morons music gets too annoying and yelling at them isn't doing it to make my point I crank up a bit of Rammstein. That seems to settle things down a bit ;D
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 18, 2010, 05:19:31 pm »
Yeah, that's not a bad tactic, and one that I considered.
The catch is that our stereo isn't big/loud enough, and it would result in even more pi55ed off people in the neighbourhood - this joker is at least 150m away, so there must about at least fifty other households listening to that rubbish.

As an aside, a mate used to be kept awake by his ~45 year old neighbour and the neighbour's Asian girlfriend 'greatly enjoying each other's company' at 2am - bearing in mind the neighbour still lived at home with his mum and dad, and this would only happen when mum & dad were away. And it would happen everynight they were away...

Subtle hints didn't work, nor did less-than-subtle hints (like dropping her favourite phrase: "Give it to me now" multiple times in 'over the fence' conversations with the neighbour).
Eventually, everytime the neighbour kept him awake, he'd get up and play a particular song on the stereo. After a few nights, the neighbour obviously twigged to what was going on, and stopped/quietened down out of embarassment.

I should also add that both houses were on a busy surburban street, and both had a freeway behind the back fence...
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 18, 2010, 07:14:04 pm »
Mel & Kochie.