Author Topic: You Know What I Hate, What I Really, Really, Hate?  (Read 51181 times)

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: You Know What I Hate, What I Really, Really, Hate?
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2010, 04:04:52 am »
Allison - hope that isn't the WAVMX club????????
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2010, 05:34:23 pm »
When you order & pay for a set of bars & grips from a company that say they're in stock but when you contact them 6 days later to find out where they are they say our supplier hasn't sent them to us yet. Could have bought them offshore & had them quicker for a similar or lower price

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2010, 08:35:45 pm »
When some arse puts the "make an offer" tab on there ebay item, then you do so 2 times neither time they bother to respond, accept or deny. so you do it again for a bit more and the offer expires again.  WTF why pay for the offer tab, when you cant be Forked replying to the offers and you have 10 of them to sell ??? item is $28 and you offer $25 , man i hate you wholsale auto imports
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

TT

« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2010, 10:32:12 pm »
Everything..............  :D

Actually, it's really those people that list every bike or car that they've ever owned in their entire lives in their signatures.  ::)

firko

« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2010, 05:13:53 pm »
Postage has gone up a bit but most of the problem stems from sellers using the notoriously inaccurate eBay or USPS online guides to calculate postage. I recently challenged a seller when she quoted $200plus to mail a BSA B44 tank. Once she checked with the post office the cost dropped to $57. Always ask them to check with the post office for the correct fee.

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2010, 05:33:35 pm »
I hope you're right Firko otherwise I'm up for $99us postage for a CZ barrel to replace the 1 I had repaired last month if I win it  :-\

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2010, 05:39:54 pm »
Yeah most of the time they just use the online calculator. In the past few weeks i have had good sucess requesting sellers to refund the excess costs (some do it without the need to ask) and also some will also reduce the cost to what the ebay ad says when you ask them before buying. most of the time they just say well thats what the online calculator said. I think its time the online calculator is given an overhaul as its way off the mark. The other week i wanted to buy some lever blades for about $4pr. Advertised shipping was about $27 ::). I said can you do it cheaper, eg $12.95 in flat rate envelope. Seller said cheapest he can do is $14. I agreed, still knowing that it would be cheaper. When i got them here the actual cost was about $6. I asked the seller if they would refund me about $6 and they did and they also appoligised for overcharging and said they were just going by the online calculator.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 11:16:31 pm by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2010, 06:24:48 pm »
I reckon that sounds reasonable.

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2010, 08:50:45 pm »
Sounds pretty good to me, you'll know for sure by the end of next week ;)
It's always like xmas when things arrive except no relatives to be nice too  ;D

firko

« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2010, 09:53:40 pm »
oday I paid formy new Husky tank , the freight was 65$ calculated by the sellers calculator . Is that a fair price ?  I thought it was , I wanted that nice tank no matter what .
Yeah that's about right Walter.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2010, 12:20:24 pm »
Today I paid formy new Husky tank , the freight was 65$ calculated by the sellers calculator . Is that a fair price ?  I thought it was , I wanted that nice tank no matter what .
I reckon that sounds reasonable.

What about $95 out of Canada for an RM500 tank ??
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2010, 01:01:55 pm »
Canada is expensive but that sounds  about $10-$15 too much, it just depends on how big they packed it. Some sellers over pack stuff in huge boxes etc. What i do is get the stuff sent to USA first then get it sent from there. Its cheaper if its sent from over the US border. I know some sellers who have made special trips to go over the boarder to post stuff.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2010, 01:17:55 pm »
Canada is expensive but that sounds  about $10-$15 too much, it just depends on how big they packed it. Some sellers over pack stuff in huge boxes etc. What i do is get the stuff sent to USA first then get it sent from there. Its cheaper if its sent from over the US border. I know some sellers who have made special trips to go over the boarder to post stuff.

thanks..also 6-8 delivery,so will try to hit seller up for a refund  :-\ can only hope
cheers
Best is in the West !!

DR

« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2010, 02:21:02 pm »
this is what I really hate...I'm just talking about the frames they have on offer

http://shop.ebay.com.au/the-bike-bank/m.html

'Bid or it's Binned' they state, then they go and put a $50 starting price on each item ::) I wouldn't consider buying from them simply because of this capitalistic attitude ;)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 02:23:04 pm by Doc »

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2010, 02:43:02 pm »
young kid up the street from me,wants 1st bike experience,comes & tells me about this guy selling bikes on e bay(see above),cafe/custom/racer projects,has a CB250 K3 ,sends kid pictures of what it could look like,& because i roadrace CB350,i'm keen for him to go that way,saying if bikes half as good as pictures sent,it's all good!,plus sellers tuned into kids 1st bike thing!!,states it's ready for rego etc,(some little work required)pharrrk $2200 later,this shitbox (i mean i've taken better to the dump) turns up on truck ,bald flat tyres,(i think they're the originals)electrics in a box, silverfrosted chrome,up shot is ,no getting money back,not even some to go towards fixup,multiple phone calls,consumer affairs bullshit etc,you know the usual,so going on this poor kids sorry saga,my tip,avoid bike the bank like the plague, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!