Author Topic: You Know What I Hate, What I Really, Really, Hate?  (Read 51143 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: You Know What I Hate, What I Really, Really, Hate?
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2010, 09:46:31 pm »
.... The truth is, I ... find some of their owners a little thin skinned and elitist. ;)

Funnily enough, I've found the opposite. The guys who spring to mind when I think of Bully owners are all all blokes with open minds and more than the average amount of enthusiasm. I mean, they'd have to be, to choose to ride such a...  ;D
No... wait, where was I? Oh yeah: when I start regularly beating guys like Macca and Moto, then I'll stop ragging on Bultaco owners. Until then, its just part of the fun of taking the piss with mates.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2010, 08:36:08 am »
Good to hear the ankle op went well Firko. I take it with I being key hole that you are out  of the bin and back home in a comfort of Casa de Firko. Hope all goes well with the next 2 ops.

Probably the thing that gets up my nose the most is the present day attitude of "what's in it for me." Having coached junior and senior sporting teams or eons its amazing how quick some are to look you up and down and the decide you've got nothin that will help them. Even get it at work when trying to assist some student teachers before I access their performance for futue employment.

Sometimes I get a little disheartened as I feel this is attitude is also creeping into VMX. Having been in VMX a long time, as only a few would realise, it seems that the great growth  in our sport unfortunately brings these different attitudes/actions. Hopefully over time as stated above most will come to appreciate the depth and breadth of VMX. The above is not a go at the younger particiapants because ignorance, stupidity and arrogance are not the sole domain of the young as proved by some of the rants we get time to time on this forum. In essence will need to chill a bit, back racing in the 70s seemed more relaxing than some present day VMX meets. Shouldn't really complain though, have you ever seen the "post it notes" rule books that our Junior riders' parents carry to ensure they have the quickest protest lodged if young Johnny isnt on the podium!!

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2010, 05:34:35 pm »
 Firko good to hear about your ankle,  Love Bindy
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline YUMASTEPSIDE

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2010, 07:14:40 pm »
.........I've got three Bully's Nathan.......Oh! thats right , you were after a KDX tank , weren't you ??  ;D ;D ;D

Roger

suzuki43

« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2010, 07:22:12 pm »
Firko,pleased to hear you are on the mend.
As for you CMD I used to fornicate with a pretty young thing like you in Gaol......

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2010, 11:38:56 pm »
careful mate - that might of been me  :-[
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2010, 10:34:12 pm »
This is another thing that i hate.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Suzuki-rm-250-1984-/300449533905?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Motorcycles&hash=item45f4300fd1

Now the seller could be honest as, or perhaps not.....but if a newby to the sport purchased this bike and took the sellers word for it he would be a little pissed when he turned up to a VIPER event and was told that it had to run in Pre90.
Be nice if a seller could research what they print before they actually publish it.  :-\
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 10:40:55 pm by Bahnsy »
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2010, 09:16:00 pm »
Finding a pisser of a three day a week job like running a rubbish transfer and recycle facility all by yourself  ; :) then signing away every Saturday and Sunday to do it. No retract that I am employed!!!! Cheers Buggers Tim754.

Having a great couple next door when my kids were toddlers and up, you know the real deal! kids all playing together, laughter, plenty of  laughter beer and outings..  , Then having to attend his burial from cancer late last year aged 54. Now having to go to his beloved wife's funeral not eight months later after the life support machines were turned off yesterday. Erica was getting on with her life still grieving but doing well, up a ladder cleaning the gutters, over she fell smashing her skull on large flower pot, Erica loved her garden.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2010, 09:44:07 pm »
Gunna add another one.
People / shops that advertise 20 brake pads, spark plugs, oil filters, brake pads (or whatever) etc rather than having one add with 20 avaliable. Sifting through pages of cheap chinese/taiwanese crap to find a single part is fast bringing me to turn off e-bay altogether.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2010, 11:44:36 am »
Gunna add another one.
People / shops that advertise 20 brake pads, spark plugs, oil filters, brake pads (or whatever) etc rather than having one add with 20 avaliable. Sifting through pages of cheap chinese/taiwanese crap to find a single part is fast bringing me to turn off e-bay altogether.

Amen, brother!

Also, i must be going through another intolerate phase, because I'm increasingly finding myself annoyed by people advertising stuff WAY above its real value - and there's more of it lately.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2010, 11:53:59 am »
Gunna add another one.
Yep and the bit you really need is on page 8 and you give up before you get there.
With you all the way on that one BAHNZY. :)
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2010, 12:37:51 pm »
MY pet hate is people who advertise cars but never put in the KM's. >:( >:(

IM looking for a 4xbee for the misses ( which is hard at the best of times) with all thew bits required and not required  ::)
And fork me if they genuinely wanted to sell the car you think they would make the effort to put the milage in, instead you have to email them all to find out.

Obviolusly many are hidding the higher KM's.  but you never know. 

Im so grumpy now, I have taken to just sending an abusive question to them now .  'FFS put the milage in your add moron."  i have it as a template   :-*

I mean its really pisses me off................... >:(
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 12:40:54 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline NR555

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2010, 01:18:51 pm »
I hate the prick that lives next door to my parents who installed a coonara wood heater.  Unfortunately all he burns in it is treated pine.  2 winters later, my old man ends up in hospital with cancerous lumps on his neck and throat.  Never smoked in his life, and hardly ever drinks.

Council can't shut him down as he has a pile of redgum for 'display' purposes.  The EPA don't want to know.

I don't mind wood heaters at all, the smell of gum burning is actually quite ok to me.  But when your throat burns and your eyes water when you're minding your own business in your backyard, there's something really wrong.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this arsehole (legally or otherwise) would be much appreciated.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2010, 01:31:18 pm »
isnt treated pine arsenic based ??

Video camera proof is what you need, cant you get him on film with a trailer load of H4, then off to "tonight tonight" or the like, coucil and Govt hate being caught out.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 01:41:45 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2010, 01:45:44 pm »
Wait till he is out nr555 and jump on his roof take the cowl off and measure the flue just the center one and find something to block it it will just keep smothering out and he wont know what is happening. ;D
1971 tm400 and PE's