Author Topic: First Annual Klub Kevlar Show'n'Shine  (Read 21737 times)

firko

Re: First Annual Klub Kevlar Show'n'Shine
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2009, 06:59:04 pm »
There'll be some more stuff too Col. The auction should kick off about 1pm give or take a moment or two.
I just got off the phone with Brian Clarke, Noels Dad and he's told me that He, Tony and Peter are coming up from Bendigo tomorrow morning.........

colmoody

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2009, 08:46:04 pm »
Curly's got the right idea. We know the Auction starts about 1pm. If I can be of any help to anyone whom wont/cant be their but would like to bid on something I'm happy to spend someone else's money all day long. Email me if I can be of any help.

TT

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2009, 03:14:40 pm »
Curly just rang to tell me that I was lucky enough to win the Hannah autographed plate.   ;D  ;D

So thanks to him and anyone else doing proxy bids. Hope there's plenty of money changing hands today.   8)

Eagerly awaiting a report from someone on how the day went.   ;)

« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 05:21:58 pm by Tony T »

Curly3

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2009, 05:30:47 pm »
Congratulations & thanks to Mark,Allan,Pete & all the Klub Kevlar members involved in the running of today and to the management of the Alroy Tavern as it was a great day out.
There was a good turn out of a wide range of bikes and hopefully as the word gets out it can build up even more over the coming years.
Great venue and event.

firko

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2009, 11:34:41 am »
Thanks to everyone who participated in the first annual Klub Kevlar Show'n'Shine. The event was a blast and it was brilliant to see so many smiling faces and cool bikes. I'll post a longer detailed post with more photos a little later but until then, here's the show winners.....

Peoples Choice: Jonathon Houstons Ducati 450.The more you look at this bike, the sweeter it is.

Best Special: Pete (Yamaico) Rowlands cool IZ 465 flat tracker As built "live" on this forum in 4 weeks. Cool bike.

Best British: Alan Jones authentic period Cheney Matchless.: Race story going back to 1964. Genuine works engine.

Best European: Husky Petes Silver Bullet: rare, well restored and oozing sex.

Best (Worst) Ratbike:Steve (Curly) Askews magnificent C15 BSA   Just too cool for school. It was raced in the  60s.

Best Japanese: Terry Sayers beautiful '74 CR125 Resto was almost matched by his trick '75 model.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2009, 11:38:15 am »
Firko ,
just out of interest was there a lot of new faces and bikes?
cheers
Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2009, 11:43:56 am »
Yeah Alison, there were a lot of new faces (to me anyway), come to think of it. Big day.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2009, 11:54:35 am »
Yeah Alison, there were a lot of new faces (to me anyway), come to think of it. Big day.

Awesome  8)
Looks fantastic -there is also some pics on the new ausvmx website put up by Steve Galloway.
Evil Rudy was auctioneer  :o  ;)   ;D 
Great also to see the rarer bikes attend  8)
cheers
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 11:56:19 am by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

mx250

« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2009, 12:16:42 pm »
Looks like a great venue 8).......... with scope for bigger and better next year ;).

Sorry I couldn't make it :P.  Congrats to all.

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2009, 01:02:18 pm »
looks like you had some good depth there Firko!
well done!
wish i could of been there just for a geek and a cold beer.
looks like it was a good day.
"flat bickie"

firko

« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2009, 01:45:27 pm »

Kamp Kevlar.

Kamp Kevlar Good 'ol Boys brought a variety of race tackle.

Pete "Yamaico" Rowlands trick blenders. l-r Maico, Speedway Jawa and the new YZ Yamaha themed blenders. The workmanship is astounding.

Ian Stevens ex Peter Stayt '79 Finke Desert Race winning HL

Dean Burts faaast RM400T. This bike wrote the book on well prepped race bikes. Very trick.

Edgar Phipps Triumph powered Monark, Ex Gunter/Bartholomew Tribsa and his ESO Metisse.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 02:41:29 pm by firko »

firko

« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2009, 02:06:33 pm »

The Kevlar girls, Elise and Cherie did a great job raising a quid for the cause. Here they're trying to get a quid out of Black Betty, to no avail.

Terry Sayers other CR125, the trick one.

Gus Preims great Royal Enfield trials bike.

Mark Drinkwater (Evil Rudy to his fans) did a fantastic job as auctioneer. He's genuinely good and very funny. Magoo was his pretty assistant.

Shoey has been amazing throughout the whole fundraising campaign as has Dave Tanner who came all the way from Queensland. The 490 Maico is owned by Bernie Ellis.

Husky Petes lovely 360 Husky Viking.

Billy Browns veteran Clockwork Orange Monty. He's won the Nats pre 70 class twice on the old girl. She's still pretty.

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2009, 02:39:10 pm »
Love the Beta!  Any chance of getting a pic posted ?

Looks like a great day for all. Excellent effort.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 02:42:45 pm by Canam370 »
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Motoman

« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2009, 02:53:05 pm »
It was a great display, I enjoyed it. The 79 Finke Desert Race winning HL surely used a larger fuel tank than the one on the bike didn't it? The tank looks tiny especially considering the engine is not a small thing.

firko

« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2009, 03:47:12 pm »

Kevin Browns Conondale Nats winning Husky

AJ and AJ. VMX mags Alistair was a real help supplying his 'Memory Loss' rock band sound system and shitloads of VMX goodies while Jonesy supplied the Kevlar Girls, Black Betty and Cheney and a yarn for anyone who walked past. Great blokes, both of them.

Club Wogs Jonothan Houstons Beta 250

Noel once again did a magnificent job promoting HEAVEN. All clubs could do with more blokes like him. It'd be nice to see him get more support from fellow club members at future events.

The legendary Brian Clarke, father of fundraising recipient Noel browses Roger Harveys extremely limited edition book, Skidmarks, that Roger had presented to Firko. There are none left so don't ask.

Darren Hill kindly brought along one of his amazing Levo wheelchairs to demonstrate to the Clarke family.The fundraising has gone towards the purchase of a chair for Noel. Billy Brown, Andrew Oldfield and Magoo look on while Darren takes it for a spin.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 04:07:18 pm by firko »