Author Topic: First Annual Klub Kevlar Show'n'Shine  (Read 21730 times)

firko

Re: First Annual Klub Kevlar Show'n'Shine
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2009, 04:04:30 pm »
There were a few post auction minor SNAFUS where some of the bidders didn't get their items and a couple of items went to the wrong person. I'll be going through the stuff I have left and posting the outstanding stuff tomorrow. If you didn't get your item please PM me and tell me what and how much and I'll cross reference it with my items list and Billy Forsyths photos of the items. Sorry if anyone was inconvenienced in any way but I got a little overwhelmed, doing it by myself after Magoo took ill so bear with me for a day and we'll try and sort it out.

I'll also give full a financial tally for the direct deposit, forum and show'n'shine auction.

Curly3

« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2009, 04:23:25 pm »
That's got to be expected Firko.
I pm'd Tony today to let him know I paid for the Hannah Plate and that there were still things to be done to it so you will hear from him direct.
You have done an amazing job and full credit to all involved.
The C15 is already been retired to storage ( where it had been for over 20 years ) and I may drag her out again next year to defend my hard earned title.

TT

« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2009, 04:34:10 pm »
I may drag her out again next year to defend my hard earned title.

Congratulations on the win Curly, but "hard earned"???  I don't know.............  :D :D :D

Mark, did your 'new' DT2MX make it there?

firko

« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2009, 05:23:08 pm »
No Tony, the DT2MX is in Queensland with Jonesys GRM trials bikes awaiting a bus ride down. It was a week late. If it would have been here I may have had a chance of wrestling the shitbox award from Curly. ;D

Curly3

« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2009, 06:07:59 pm »
Have you thrown down the gauntlet for next year Firko. Game on.
It was a process of elimination, just because mine was pretty much the only dunger there.
Some people are never satisfied. : :D ;) ;D

TT

« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2009, 06:14:40 pm »
A 50 year old Pommy bike is still a pretty cool 'dunger', though.   ;)

firko

« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2009, 07:51:00 pm »

Dean Burts new pre 90 Kawasaki 250

Bernie Ellis's basically unrestored '81 490 Maico

Rob Langlands beut little SWM GS80

Jonathon Houstons 125 Ducati

Dave Onleys Cooper 250mx

Teds beautiful YZ125

Noels TT500 Yamaha flat tracker

Husky Petes Husky Mag and Ribbos fast 490 Maico.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 04:09:43 pm by firko »

firko

« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2009, 11:04:17 am »
I've been through the leftover stuff from the auction and it's not as bad as I thought. The Yamaha Jersey won by Shaun (Sean?) was missing when he came to pay but it was found in the wrong bag after he's left. If Shawn (Sean) sees this or if anyone knows him could you please contact me and let me know what you want to do.

The Shane Watts autographed T shirt was won by 'Jack' for $30. If anyone knows him could they remind him to contact me and I'll organise delivery and payment. The third outstanding item was one of the JT Kawasaki hats. Either Darren or Shoey won it for 10 bucks I didn't scratch either off my list so let me know which of you it is who wont this cool fashion statement.

There were a lot of great second hand items donated by Gus Preim that we didn't put up for auction due to time constraints but I'll either put them up for sale here or on eBay over the next couple of days. I also have a copy of issue 4 VMX that didn't go to auction as we decided we'd get more money from the issue 4 starved American market so it'll go on eBay. The same goes for the beautiful NOS Husky tank that was kindly donated.

Once I've done all of the financial tallys I'll be in the position to present the fantastic trophy that Gus Preim donated for the highest bidder. I would have loved to have presented it on the day but I couldn't tally it all up in time.

As a special note...I sincerely hope that YZ Ted and his lovely wife enjoy their Britney Spears experience on Saturday night. It was a brave thing you did bidding on those tickets in front of your mates!
Once again, thank you all for your kindness.
BELOW: The great trophy that Gus Priem put together as a show of thanks for the biggest donation. I reckon it's the coolest thing from the weekend. The winner will be announced as soon as I do the sums............ ;D

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2009, 01:25:58 pm »
As a special note...I sincerely hope that YZ Ted and his lovely wife enjoy their Britney Spears experience on Saturday night. It was a brave thing you did bidding on those tickets in front of your mates!
Once again, thank you all for your kindness.

Firko as the under bidder on the much maligned Britney Tickets I feel that bravery doesn't come into it.

The chance to see a true pop superstar and to join her singing along to backing tracks is worth every bit of ridicule and shame that Ted is now experiencing.

Cheers
Shaun

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2009, 01:29:51 pm »
Yep i can see Ted in his sandals belting out Britney Tunes
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline HuskyPete

• A-Grade
  • Huskys Only, maybe a CCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2009, 02:58:30 pm »
Firko,
Browny's mag 250 has never looked as good as this one
1967 360 Viking, 1969 360 Cross, 1974 250 Mag x 3, 1974 400 Cross x 1, 1974 450 WR, 1975 250GP, 1976 250 WR, 1978 390 Auto, 1982.5 500 Gold Bullet. 1976 390 OR, 78 CCM

firko

« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2009, 04:56:33 pm »
All fixed up..We can't have the Husky Kings bike being taken over by a Klub Kevlar wannabe. ;D

ted

« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2009, 05:01:16 pm »
Brave ...NO       Tight Arse...YES

It was gonna cost me $ 600.00 for those tickets this week so the $ 450.00 i saved is worth any shit that gets thrown. "Baby Baby one more time" Go Brittney Go Brittney

A big thanks to Firko for putting his arse on the line and organising this day. Good venue, food, beers, mates and a great cause. Hopefully we raised enough to help out someone in more need than ourselves.

Magoo, AJ , Evil Rudy and anyone else that gave up their time to run proceedings ...without these people we couldn`t have had such a pleasureable day...congradulations.

The hats and glasses went for a song....wonder if it`s because Bruce was modelling them. Lucky he couldn`t fit into the signed number plates...hehe

Bring it on next year

firko

« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2009, 11:27:40 am »
The current tally for the Noel Fund stands at $10,998 including the $3500+ made at the Auction.
The N.O.S. Husky WR tank was sold to Shoey this morning and there are a few fun and odd things that'll either go up on this forum for sale or I'll hit 'em on eBay. The KTM SX50 will go on eBay tomorrow but I thought I'd make it available to forum members before that happens. VMX issues #4 and #6 will also go on eBay today.
The little Kato is available to the first forum member to offer $3000 until midnight and if not sold she goes on eBay. What a cool Christmas pressy for the kids/grandkids 8)

It's time to start winding this down so let's go out with a bang by bidding on the items I'll be offering up over the next day or so. Once again, thanks to all who've contributed and assisted in the fundraiser and the Show'n'Shine. I won't list everyone as it's a long list and I'm certain to miss somebody and I don't want to do that. Those wonderful people who've dug deep, gone out of their way to help and have offered support when it was needed know who you are. The Clarke family through myself are deeply grateful to you. You're all a part of what makes this sport such a cool family.

Below: Auctioneer extraordinaire Evil Rudy and his pretty assistant Magoo manhandle the Kato for the adoring crowd.

Offline pirie593

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2009, 05:23:33 pm »
Mark,

Somewhere back in the early days of you setting up the Noel Clarke benefit, there was a wave of items put up for auction, including a "borrowed sign" for CD6 (I think) which was signed by Joel R and Roger D.  I haven't heard what happened with that auction.  Is it still alive?  ??? ???