Author Topic: Scrutineering  (Read 17712 times)

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
Re: Scrutineering
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2009, 06:23:10 PM »
Ji
Are you going to ride the Nats? 
Noel
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Ji Gantor

« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2009, 06:25:54 PM »
Hi Noel,
Yes, God willing.

Ji

Offline mike1948

• A-Grade
  • Margate, QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2009, 06:56:55 PM »
Evo,I came in very late on this thread, so I spent some time going through the current GCRs as I had never seen anything on mandatory name & number on race jersey at major events.  Couldn't find any reference, however, I found in All Diciplines 12.8.6.4 that cutout lanyards 1m long are mandatory.  I've watched a few national MX events, seen riders take a tumble, and restart their bikes without finding & jamming a lanyard contact back in.  Have I misread the rules, or is this one too hard to enforce? 
Could someone clarify both these, because with the Nats in my back yard this year, I wouldn't like to show up unprepared.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2009, 07:16:15 PM »
Evo,I came in very late on this thread, so I spent some time going through the current GCRs as I had never seen anything on mandatory name & number on race jersey at major events.  Couldn't find any reference, however, I found in All Diciplines 12.8.6.4 that cutout lanyards 1m long are mandatory.  I've watched a few national MX events, seen riders take a tumble, and restart their bikes without finding & jamming a lanyard contact back in.  Have I misread the rules, or is this one too hard to enforce? 
Could someone clarify both these, because with the Nats in my back yard this year, I wouldn't like to show up unprepared.

Mike, its only the above disciplines (in the box above 12.8.6.5)of sidecars and in solos it's speedway.
cheers alison
Best is in the West !!

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2009, 09:04:51 PM »
...I will be riding this weekend at Kerry God willing ...
I'm going to Kerry for a bit of a look. What's your race number Ji?
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2009, 10:32:26 PM »
Mike,
Alison's right the lanyards are for sidecars and speedway the book should list the disiplines.
The back number one has thrown me, found where it is required for juniors but not for seniors.
As I said to Ji please don't read the rules too much as you run the risk of knowing more than the officials ;)

The nationals at Ferny Hills, I'm out that way tomorrow, might check out the track, whats your adress ;D

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2009, 10:37:06 PM »
From what i remember tassie nats had 100 riders and 150 bikes but that was last year so my memory fades  :D , the whole bike scruit went through in 1 maybe 2 hours didnt it ? was prity easy and clean sailing based on odds or even i think.  so dont worry about the calculations youl be able to eat youor lunch.

As far as Tony Cavell's Beeza went your right the protester just got outgunned by a class rider, cause he didnt just smash the field on the 250 but on all the other classes and bikes he rode in. should have saved his hard earned but it was his right to pay up and roll the dice to ask the question - makes the sport fair and transparent to do so.

I was with Tony when someone handed over the $70 and what they did to test it was clever in that the dispute was capacity based, so all the smart testiing guy had to do was fill up a can with 250cc of oil and poor it in the spark plug if he could see it, it was under and it was so all that needed was for tony to drain out the the oil, no gaskets, no strip downs, no cost to him.  Only the inconvienice that he still had 2 rides to go in the next half hour with out a rest.    

I thought the testing was handled very cleverly and very professionally i must say, it was fast painless and done in a very simple and painless way that both parties where happy with the outcome.

As far as the name on the jersey thing goes i had both names on mine and numbers and i reckon i was one of about 10 guys in the hundred that did, so i dont think youll have any problems, if in doubt put your number on it at least, but dont do it till your number is excepted incase someone else gets it first and you have to change ( hey pete 52 )  

If Dave tanner is doing the eligibility he knows what is right or wrong so dont try and slide stuff in tot he wrong era other wise you will get pulled up, do the right thing and you will sail through, be sure you bike has no missing spokes, throttle that returns and any obvious saftey things, like sprocket covers, unless your 100% youll be running 1-4, you'll just, get do your head in with stuff that in the end wont make a differance to you enjoying the NAtionals, if i can pull a ride up there this year ill be winging it , get the basics done to the bike, everything else can be fixed on the day IF its a problem.  

you cant plan for all things or all drongos, but i think the majority of vmx'ers would just be glad you turned up and just rode in the right class, the rest as i said is the small stuff, so dont sweat it.   :)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 10:45:22 PM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline gorby

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2009, 10:43:52 PM »
Ah Rossco,at the tassie nats we considered a urine sample to test you for drugs but
no one would volunteer to hold the sample bottle ;D ;)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2009, 10:48:12 PM »
Ah Rossco,at the tassie nats we considered a urine sample to test you for drugs but
no one would volunteer to hold the sample bottle ;D ;)

i caught him a few times out the back with a cough bottle,
 then he retired hurt or somthing lame didnt he,
 but not 5 mins later i saw those MA testers come round with the breath tester things, so i still wonder to this day ?

74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2009, 11:48:37 PM »
if I didn't love you guys so much I would call you wankers!!!!!

;D

Numbers on riders was stipulated by the hosting club I believe not in GCRs and falls under the (can't remember the technical terms) rules and regs of the day as made by the club ie such as number of laps etc.

Dave Tanner was good on eligibility - Gorby and the boys scrutineered, straight through to Dave (who gave me the Spanish inquistion over my YZB!!!! ;D) and then off you go.  Noise testing by random draw.

Gorby - I thought I was going to miss you (from the oteher thread that you won't be there) but now I think maybe not?  ;)

cheers

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2009, 08:43:26 AM »
I'm thinking the back numbers on juniors are only used as they are smaller riders and for extra visual for the time keepers/lap scorers,I know they have transponders for timing,but the time keepers still need that extra sight.(maybe thats why)   :-X

I liked the below bibs.They where a pretty special touch.  :o  Are they used in US etc ??
I have since seen them signed separated at the shoulder,then frame along side the programme event cover.
Looks real impressive framed for memories sake.
Bit of work for the committee to make these bibs-well appreciated though. ;D
More pics in VMX mag No 26.
Alison
opps back to scrutineering  ;D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 07:15:11 PM by vmx247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2009, 09:03:32 AM »
can't help myself - had to put a sidecar one in too. ;D
alison
Best is in the West !!

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2009, 09:16:09 AM »
Can someone find the rule that says the clubs can over-ride the GCR's esp regarding

1) insisting a rider use a club number even when he or she has an MA competitors number

2) riders having to have a number on their jersey - I know that juniors must display a number but seniors? A lot of riders wear under jersey body armour so does that mean you can be compelled to have numbers on your back? If so the bib idea is far preferable and surely can be included in the riders annual membership fees and be outsourced so the poor old committee can be left to do important things.

Dave Mac  ???
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) vapourblasting@yahoo.com.au

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2009, 10:04:13 AM »
Can someone find the rule that says the clubs can over-ride the GCR's esp regarding
1) insisting a rider use a club number even when he or she has an MA competitors number
2) riders having to have a number on their jersey - I know that juniors must display a number but seniors? A lot of riders wear under jersey body armour so does that mean you can be compelled to have numbers on your back? If so the bib idea is far preferable and surely can be included in the riders annual membership fees and be outsourced so the poor old committee can be left to do important things.

Dave Mac  ???
The number displayed for MA on your bike plate is what you are running in the state.MX
Any other would be your club membership number.vmx  8)That's how I perseve it.
Jersey rules, just another fashion statement I'd reckon . ;D
cheers alison
Best is in the West !!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2009, 12:57:07 PM »
your race numbers, your state number accepted by the secretary who's putting you in the program that goes for Nats as well, in which case its a first in first served on that one, unless your top 10, you'll get what you request if someone didnt get in before you.

Your supposed to use full lenght back protectors in DT not cages so the number thing is a given you got space on your back use it, and makes for cooler looking PHotos  ;D

Having said that, Id like a bib Ali, where do you get them ?  bonus with that system is you can change the numbers on race days etc if needed, rather than the confusion if you turn up with duplicate numbers like interstate rides etc.

Plus they look Kewl i reackon , like speedway helmet covers , they look prity spesh too !   :D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 01:01:28 PM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's