Author Topic: Scrutineering  (Read 17724 times)

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Scrutineering
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2009, 02:30:36 PM »
Freaky - one of our club members made these up for us.  Allison may have Paul's details but I don't think they would be hard to do - just have some consdieration for those people that wear big, thick armour  ;D and make the straps a little longer eh!  Helmet Skinz - same as the speedway helmet covers you mention - can be customised to suit now.

cheers

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2009, 03:47:19 PM »
Great ill have some  .....................
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2009, 04:35:39 PM »
Can someone find the rule that says the clubs can over-ride the GCR's esp regarding

1) insisting a rider use a club number even when he or she has an MA competitors number

2) riders having to have a number on their jersey - I know that juniors must display a number but seniors? A lot of riders wear under jersey body armour so does that mean you can be compelled to have numbers on your back? If so the bib idea is far preferable and surely can be included in the riders annual membership fees and be outsourced so the poor old committee can be left to do important things.

Dave Mac  ???

The clubs aren't over-riding the GCR's Dave. The "Supplementary" Regulations are just that...additional to the GCR's and therefore can be what ever the organiser sees fit.

Cheers
Shaun

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2009, 07:30:33 PM »
Great ill have some  .....................
Don't know who did them up Freaky/scouts honor.
I suggest you go to a canvas/sewing shop for the bid which will have to be cut out of vinyl,
and a screen printers/graphics place for your numbers/name  8)
or a cloth one can be bought from the sports shop,those B/Ball & Netball bibs. ;D
cheers alison
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 09:36:23 AM by vmx247 »
Best is in the West !!

Ji Gantor

« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2009, 09:19:23 AM »
I hope they do issue number bibs at the Nats, they do sound cool as a keep sake.

Ji

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2009, 11:28:46 AM »
im not sure about the netball bib idea alison, although the skirt might be alright............
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2009, 10:48:48 PM »
Freaky - I don't need to tell people to wake up to you - looks like you do a good enough job of getting yourself into trouble anyway!!!!!

;D

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Ji Gantor

« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2009, 09:32:01 AM »
Hi Vandy,
Will the scrutineer be looking for safety wired screws on silencer screws as per

12.8.3.1 Exhaust systems must:

d) Where separate silencers are fitted,
have a minimum of 2 mountings
or locking screws on all machines
which have a capacity in excess of
85cc,
e) Where silencers are re-packable,
have safety wired securing bolts.

Ji

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2009, 10:02:07 AM »
Ji,
i'll be awefully dissapointed if they don't!
yet they still failed to mention that we should use Stainless Steel lockwire to prevent possible rust infection should we graze ourselves on said lockwire. ;D
my apologies ji,
 you did call me out specifically.
as others have mentioned. get youself down to a local meeting, go through the scrutineering process with your bike, live the dream for that one glorious day, enroll in a MAQ scrutineers course, change the brand of tea you drink, forget them CZ thingies and grab your mits on a Yamaha {cause they always pass scrutineering right?}.
my seriousness for all this waffle is somewhat challenged...
my apologies once again......... :)
"flat bickie"

Ji Gantor

« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2009, 10:16:52 AM »
Hi Vandy,
Why do members think I have not been at the track.
I was at the Conondale classic, Nudgee and Tamborine tracks last year. I also was at Kerry last weekend. My bike does not have a counter shaft sprocket cover, nor does it have safety wire silencer screws. The scrutineers at all these meetings have checked spokes, bearing play and tyre pressure which are not part of the rules that I can see and yet have not said a thing about the sprocket cover nor the safety wire.

Can you now see why I am asking these questions.
Thanks for the safety wire tip.

Ji

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2009, 10:44:58 AM »
Ji i have never had safety wire on any of my mx bikes other than to hold the grips on and have never been questioned. I have occasionaly been pulled up for no sprocket cover over the years but only at NSW events. The safety wiring of silencers seems more like a road racing rule. If the scrutineers went through everything in the book on every bike we'd need an extra day just for scrutineering!

Ji Gantor

« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2009, 10:48:42 AM »
Thanks Johnny,
This is why I am asking.
It seems that the rules are applied only at the Nationals, outside of that it is just what ever the scrutineer saw being checked last time at the track.

Ji

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2009, 10:55:17 AM »
Ji I think Johnny is right about safety wire and also the time factor involved in scrutineering.the main issues will be the safety ones and any obvious eligibility concerns.As safety wiring is a good practise anyway it wont hurt to do it.At nat level Id reckon sprocket covers are a must have item.Safety wiring looks pretty pro also.

Ji Gantor

« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2009, 11:06:59 AM »
Lets be honest, In the field it would be very hard to drill a hole in the silencer screw. The screw head height is only 3mm and the safety wire is 0.8mm diameter.
My silencer only has one screw so I will have to add another.
My Maico AW never had a sprocket cover from the factory and there is only one hole at the top of the crank case for a breather hose where a fixture can be installed. It is not an easy thing to do.

Ji

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2009, 01:05:00 PM »
OK Ji those might be things to discuss with 211 Kawa on his thread in Competition.What's wrong with those Maico guys?Didnt they know not putting a sprocket cover on their bikes in '77 would cause problems for us at the 2009 Oz vintage nats?