Author Topic: MA AND BARRABOOL  (Read 13393 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: MA AND BARRABOOL
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2009, 06:37:24 pm »
Interesting footnote here. A day or two after this thread was aired, I got an email from MA cautioning me about descent. Please tell me we all got one or was it just me and is big brother taking over. I thought this was an open forum. Was there anything I said that was not on anyone elses minds??
Just Checking.

:o  You must be a powerful force  ;D  too many mates that's the problem  :D  ;D  ;)
Don't ya love a democracy  8)
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline pirie593

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2009, 07:15:55 pm »
I got an email from MA cautioning me about descent

EML, MA were just worried about how low you can go......... ;)

Offline Drakie

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 01:57:44 pm »
Hi guys,

Broadford MX track will be perfect for VMX as it will be run in reverse (clockwise) from the usual start. A great idea (and not mine! - thanks Sean) for the following reasons.
What this achieves is that:
 -the 'flat out in 3rd gear' charge into the suspension crunching gullies become a simple 'out of the corner and drive into them in 1st'.
-the 'kicker jumps' (anticlockwise) we will then just ride up the gradual ramps and just drop off them.
- the quads will be filled in between 1-2 and 3-4 and ramped.
-one tabletop will be a ride up and off proposition and the other will be cut down.
-the whoops will be flattened as per MA rules re: no indoor obstacles to be used on outdoor tracks.

Further, MV has mulched the entire track so it retains moisture and is as loamy as you will get.
There is a comprehensive automated watering system and dedicated maintenance staff to groom it.

Comprehensive first aid facilities, electronic scoring, office space and ablution blocks are in place as specified by MA National Title Guidelines. Pressure washing facilities are there too. The Presentation Dinner will be on site in the marquee. Full catering will be available as well.

You want practice?  You got it.  Ride the Honda Broadford Bike Bonanza the week before the ACMX Titles. We will also be having 'free' (not confined to classes bar sidecars) practice before the racing starts so there will be no excuses for not having your bike set up perfectly.

We are flagging the idea of a non championship 'Pre 1975 Interstate Challenge' for the 3 top riders from each state at the end of Sunday's racing; and hoping the Kiwis will be in it too.

Cheers, D.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2009, 02:09:03 pm »
We are flagging the idea of a non championship 'Pre 1975 Interstate Challenge' for the 3 top riders from each state at the end of Sunday's racing; and hoping the Kiwis will be in it too.
Cheers, D.

wooohoooo - lookin good  8)   let the games begin  ;D ;D ;D
Brent J your the man for NT. ;)  ;D
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2009, 02:51:32 pm »
Compliments of the day to you Mr Drakefjorde.(could be your cousin from Sweden on a Husky).
Good to see some early thought going in to Broadford. I have but 3 queries.
1; Does this mean the start straight will be slightly shorter and then turn left and join the track over a large jump down into a rather deep gully? 
2; Are there any plans afoot to make the track wider anywhere as it is somewhat of a difficulty to make a passing manouvre stick on this circuit when mounted upon a sidecar outfit?
3; As for the 'Moto des State' is it out of the question to allow a member to be of the sidecar fraternity?

Cheers
p.s. this will be a fantastic event no doubt!!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 03:51:03 pm »
1; Does this mean the start straight will be slightly shorter and then turn left and join the track over a large jump down into a rather deep gully? 
2; Are there any plans afoot to make the track wider anywhere as it is somewhat of a difficulty to make a passing manouvre stick on this circuit when mounted upon a sidecar outfit?
3; As for the 'Moto des State' is it out of the question to allow a member to be of the sidecar fraternity?

Cheers
p.s. this will be a fantastic event no doubt!!
Can I answer those  :-X  thanks I will anyway  ;)  ;D
Q1: Remembering Proserpine well.  :P  ;D
Q2: Holshot is Holshot-Have faith in your pilot.  ;D
Q3: Perhaps those that have entered the Nationals and are competent or competitive enough could put there name in a hat for the State/Territory draw.  :P
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 04:21:37 pm »
I can probably answer #1 for you.
I attended the track a month or so back to join in discussions on what the plans were for the track & to add my 2c worth.
The start straight will be slightly longer than normal & then turn left into the track which will lead into a small gully with a left hand 180 deg. corner followed by a right hand 180 deg corner which brings you to the lowest part of the track. You then weave your way up to "Gators" tabletop, which of course will be in reverse. Hopefully if you can picture the track that description will make sense.
They were the plans last I heard.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Drakie

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 04:36:05 pm »
Spot on GMC, you must do a lot of thinking while torturing innocent bits of metal. Your direction was the one.

GMC, Sean and Dave H and I were with the MV track inspector Mark Willingham and manager Patrick Fletcher and signed off on the changes. All was sweetness and light.

If we can get 2 or 3 teams of sidecars from each state we will run a 'Sidecar MX des States' as well.
There, I've said it, lets see it happen guys.
Cheers, D.

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2009, 05:04:54 pm »
OK so the start straight is a we bit looonger -now that makes sense.
As for who's with what in the Moto des State, would they be too ashamed to have a selected sidecar entry in with their solo team?
No , seriously, what's to stop the organisers setting up a trophy and just awarding it to the top state at the end of the week end. Foreget about nominations and such. Unless a state wants to enter more than one team and then there's club teams- ah the list could go on!!

By the way when I was saying before that the MA had emailed me- that was in fact MAQ that sent me a note about decent- just to set the record straight. 

maicostu

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2009, 06:05:33 pm »
Hi Guys,
            Had a club day at broadford ( east Malvern ) three weeks ago. It rained , In october , And the place turned into a nightmare. The place turnrd into an unrideable mud pit .Yes with all the the mulch.  It just seems to me the wrong venue for classic motorcross in victoria when there are many other much suitable venues. Just my opinion.

Maico Stu

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2009, 06:23:47 pm »
It'll be great-besides I haven't had a nightmare in ages.

albrid-3

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2009, 06:45:28 pm »
WE WANT BARRABOOL, NATURAL TERRAIN, LEFT SIDE OF ENTRY POINT INTO BARRABOOL OVER ON THE HILL THAT LEADS DOWN THE GULLY, ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE VERY OLD BARRABOOL RACE TRACK OF THE SIXTIES , BUT ON THE SAME SIDE WHERE BARRABOOL IS NOW.
KEEP THE CURRANT MODEL TRACK FOR MODEL BIKES. VINTAGE NEEDS lONGER  EUROPEAN STRAIGHT, FLOWING TRACKS. THEIR WILL BE  PLENTY OF ROOM. WHEN WILL THESE PEOPLE LEARN AND LISTEN THEY HAVE TUNNEL VISION. Year ago the thumper Nats used the left high side of barrabool and they call it conrod straight at the time, that area could be used for the main straight for the vintage.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 08:17:34 pm by Wolverine »

Offline mike1948

• A-Grade
  • Margate, QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2009, 06:56:19 pm »
EML, that descent is dissent, and yes, I got an email too.  I think every licenced MAQ rider got one.  We have been "naughty boys" making comments and airing personal opinions!
Mike

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2009, 07:15:30 pm »
I’m all for telling it like it is, but this talking down of Broadford is going to bring on that other much loved thread next year… “Why isn’t anyone entering the nationals?”

Yes it can turn into a bog hole if it rains enough, as does Barrabool if it rains enough & a few weeks ago Monza Park was touch & go as well.

Barrabools natural terrain???  Yeah, natural terrain plus manmade jumps & tabletops.

I never liked Broadford for it’s hardpack but the mulch seems to have transformed it. The mulch definitely helps it hold water to keep the dust down. Water used to run straight off in watering attempts before the mulch.

I doubt at this stage of the game that they will change venues. I’m sure the track will be way better than Coff’s Harbour (no offence to the Coff’s club)

The Bool is a good track, but not my idea of a top vintage track, & theirs not too many other tracks that are set up to handle a large crowd.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2009, 07:30:13 pm »
i thought this was a land off free speech .not a communist regime were you cart say whats on you mind
 >:(