Author Topic: MA AND BARRABOOL  (Read 13384 times)

gator

Re: MA AND BARRABOOL
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2009, 07:33:06 pm »
I like that geoff  GATORS table top :D :D :o :o

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2009, 07:34:04 pm »
more like hospital drop off

gator

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2009, 07:37:39 pm »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( fork it hurt And i dont mean ross trying to root me on the track

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2009, 07:39:14 pm »
i thought this was a land off free speech .not a communist regime were you cart say whats on you mind
 >:(

It is free speech Paul,but its damn hard work for people to run/organize an event of this magnitude and even more hard work to please everyone at the same time.   :P   8)
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2009, 08:01:36 pm »
it look like big brother to me/ shut up emails or else  or we will  %%%%%%%%%%

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2009, 08:32:39 pm »
Hi Peter.
Is it possible to run the early model bikes first and the later ones er...later?
It would be nice to ride the old girls when the track is fresh and great to ride one bike all day instead of one race per day. Not trying to tell you how to do your job, merely asking nicely! Certainly not whinging!
On a side note I took the pro taper bars off the '74 CZ  ;)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2009, 09:42:20 pm »
it look like big brother to me/ shut up emails or else  or we will  %%%%%%%%%%

Yes this is the land of free speech, that’s why I’m able to have my say.
Their was no threat from me so your conspiracy theory falls a bit flat.
You going to ride this event Paul?

Broadford has never been my favorite track, but that’s what has been chosen & I don’t believe that internet chants of we want the Bool is going to do anyone any good.

Brad, that has been talked about already, I think it will come down to how the classes need to be separated to keep everyone happy on the day. No doubt guys will also be complaining about back to back races.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2009, 09:43:44 pm »
Is it possible to run the early model bikes first and the later ones er...later?

Now were talking .... ;D....this would also look encouraging for the pre65/pre68 to enter too.  8)
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline Drakie

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2009, 10:05:58 am »
Hi Brad,
Yep, we will run the program so the pre 60, 65, 70 & 75 run in the morning. More to come on this as we knock the Sup Regs together.
Believe-you-me, we want to make this event really vintage friendly. (We did abandon the idea of cardio, pinch and body/mass index tests at scruitineering. If you were TOO fit we were going to handicap you! Maybe the Horse Racing rule of weight for age handicapping might be a consideration.....)
CZ bars rule: nothing looks better in old photos of the holeshots than a heap of bikes you can identify from the shape of their bars.
Bonus points for a Brad Lackey 'Peace Dove' taped to your bars, Brad.
By the way, if anyone has an idea how you want to select your 3 man state team; let me know. I was thinking 3 best, last 3 standing, or just leave it to a nominated State Team Manager.
Cheers,
D.

firko

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2009, 11:08:29 am »
Broadford has never been my favorite track, but that’s what has been chosen & I don’t believe that internet chants of we want the Bool is going to do anyone any good.
Good call Geoff, I totally agree. I'd love to see it at Barrabool but that's quite simply not going to happen. Rather than loading this thread with conspiracy theories and anti MA rants, I feel we'd be better served if we accepted what we've got and worked together with the organisers to help make the event a success. The changed direction and revamped layout, the seperation of the pre and post 75 classes and the knowledge and understanding of the behind the scenes crew have changed my outlook on the event quite a bit.
Yep, we will run the program so the pre 60, 65, 70 & 75 run in the morning. More to come on this as we knock the Sup Regs together.
The inclusion of pre '60 in Drakies class list is interesting. I don't recall the pre '60 class being included in the sup regs at any Nats at least this century but I may be corrected by my WA friends. I'd love to see enough of these old buggers enter to at least warrant a class of their own. The two Ariels that were competing at Conondale are somewhere to start along with Johnny Selvas similar HS Ariel. If you add the smattering of Tribsas, BSA Goldstars, G80 Matchys, Greeves and maybe even Jonesys exotic Monark GP replica (if he pulls his finger out) there are most definitely enough starters. Getting them all there at the one time is the challenge. It's the same with pre '65. The roll up for the class at Conondale was pretty ordinary considering the large number of bikes in existence. Granted, many had their reasons for not attending, one being that many took the CD6 option when confronted with two long distance trips. With CD7 and the Nats being seperated by a few months the pre 65 grid will hopefully be a lot fuller this time around.

I respect the call for newer classes entering into our sport but I reckon we also need to maintain these historically significant classes. I'd like to see MA make some sort of effort to ensure these classes are not swept under the carpet and are presented as premier classes at the Nats.

Does MA have a game plan to encourage more pre 60/65 entries Peter?

« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 11:11:21 am by firko »

Offline Drakie

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2009, 11:54:46 am »
Yes Firko,
As you've probably seen from MA's collection of oldies; pre 60 bikes feature heavily (pun intended). 
MA is accepting a minimum of 6 bikes to constitute an Australian CMX Championship class in both pre 60 and 65. I predict we will easily do that here in Vic.
As for getting them to come out and race; only good 'word of mouth' and direct encouragement will do that.
Thanks for your comments Firko, the sport appreciates it.
I'm a bit inconsistent with my posting as I'm only in MA 2 days a week and the rest of the time in an electronic black hole; so if I'm not prompt with my replies forgive me as I'll get around to it.
Cheers,
D.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2009, 12:27:19 pm »
It can be very disappointing to travel year after year with a pre 60/pre65 bike and then to be placed in with the pre70 class, up against bikes that are ten years younger.  :'(

I believe Victoria is a pretty strong VMX state,and hope those pre60/pre65 class's will get filled in 2010,making the challenge worth it for a traveling competitor.  8)

Also being close to the strong sidecar state of SA,lets hope they can also attend with there pre68/pre75 outfits.  :P
cheers
oops forgot the results link

http://www.ma.org.au/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Results4&Template=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentFileID=51464
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 12:29:00 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2009, 02:49:11 pm »
On the back to back events, perhaps a special award for "iron man" could work-i.e. if you have to race back to back you nominate yourself fro the iron man award/s and get the incentive to pick up a special trophy on the day.
On handicaps a think the more money you appear to have put into your 'crooser the more ballast you should carry-in a saddle bag- like the old country race meetings.( all the bets went in the saddle bags)
I don't know about Barrabool but I reckon Broadford is the best all round option.
On black holes-I only saw that movie once on SBS and now I can't find the remote!

All Things 414

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2009, 06:40:25 pm »
I doubt a lot of the nayers for Barrabool have ridden it recently. Yes it does have some table-tops and stutters but the stutters are cut out for older bikes and they are ran up a really big hill which is "full noise" city. The jumps can be tackled at any given speed and inspire confidence (even on a Pre 75 clunker I'm sure). The track rolles its way around the hills and a good rythme develops. You dont have the "start/stop" battle of our "premier motorsports complex" (no matter which way you go around the place..... ::))

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2009, 07:22:01 pm »
You want practice?  You got it.

I thought there was a rule about not being able to Practice on a title track the weekend before?

Noel 
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies