Author Topic: 2010 VMX Tri Series  (Read 34682 times)

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 VMX Tri Series
« Reply #135 on: September 12, 2009, 07:17:22 pm »
Pre 75 etc can still be run but it was suggested earlier the main TRI SERIES classes be pre 90, pre 85 and evo.

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 12, 2009, 07:35:45 pm »
From my time running interclub events, you need 45/50 individual VMX entries (plus the hosting clubs Moderns) to make running an event worthwhile. For something like this where there is a consideration not to have a support class, then you should be looking at 60+

Given that this would be a National event, it's would be a strech that MA would grant a $350 interclub race day permit given the people attending so you would then you could be looking at $1000 for a permit. At 65 entries you would see about $15 per entry going to the MA/SCB licence. At a guess you would have to look at $80 to $100 for an entry fee to be sustainable if you don't have sponsors. Another few issues that should also be considered.

1. There would more than likely be a clash of state allocated numbers. I for one wouldn't be to happy giving up my number to change to another given that both my bikes have pre-printed back grounds along with my screen printed  jersey. An event like this would have to run with transponders.

2. It would be unreasonable to have only series trophies. You would need to have 3 small sets of trophies and one overall series trophies. If any one has been involved in purchasing trophies you would now that it aint cheap.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 12, 2009, 07:41:41 pm »
QuoteThat brings in good money. However the down side is if you have a Pre90 or Pre85 specific bike (where you cant run in EVO) you'd be a little pissed off that you travelled a thousand or more km's to race at a VMX tr-series event and got only 3 races when there is a modern grid getting 4 x 4 laps of racing.

Fix it by Pre entering the Tri Series.

Quote from my time running interclub events, you need 45/50 individual VMX entries (plus the hosting clubs Moderns) to make running an event worthwhile. For something like this where there is a consideration not to have a support class, then you should be looking at 60+

Given that this would be a National event, it's would be a strech that MA would grant a $350 interclub race day permit given the people attending so you would then you could be looking at $1000 for a permit. At 65 entries you would see about $15 per entry going to the MA/SCB licence. At a guess you would have to look at $80 to $100 for an entry fee to be sustainable if you don't have sponsors. Another few issues that should also be considered.

1. There would more than likely be a clash of state allocated numbers. I for one wouldn't be to happy giving up my number to change to another given that both my bikes have pre-printed back grounds along with my screen printed  jersey. An event like this would have to run with transponders.

2. It would be unreasonable to have only series trophies. You would need to have 3 small sets of trophies and one overall series trophies. If any one has been involved in purchasing trophies you would now that it aint cheap.

I like how you think big Barnsy   :o   ;D

« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 07:44:27 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 12, 2009, 07:42:54 pm »
From my time running interclub events, you need 45/50 individual VMX entries (plus the hosting clubs Moderns) to make running an event worthwhile. For something like this where there is a consideration not to have a support class, then you should be looking at 60+

You have brought up a lot of valid points,in all your post but I have seen nothing that could not be over come,as far as numbers go,put a letter in front eg,Q,N.V,S,W,A if needed so you don't have to change your pre printed numbers,with a little intelligence and proper thought,this series is possible,

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 12, 2009, 08:03:35 pm »
Number 8,
Within reason, anything can be fixed with people that dont see the problem, rather the challenge.

Re: numbers, there is barely enough room for the numbers let alone a letter. Numbers aside, the most significant issue that anyone faces when running an event (Junior parents aside  :D ) is lap scoring and end of day points calculation.

Just be mindfull that you would be dealing with MA and 3 x SCB's  ;)

« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 08:10:54 pm by Bahnsy »
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 12, 2009, 08:33:58 pm »
Number 8,
Within reason, anything can be fixed with people that dont see the problem, rather the challenge.

Re: numbers, there is barely enough room for the numbers let alone a letter. Numbers aside, the most significant issue that anyone faces when running an event (Junior parents aside  :D ) is lap scoring and end of day points calculation.

Just be mindfull that you would be dealing with MA and 3 x SCB's  ;)

It has been successfully done before and could again,just need the right people and the right approach,

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 12, 2009, 08:55:38 pm »
Who has to get MA involved, beyond the basic permits?
Unless you want official MA recognition of the championship, MA doesn't even need to know that there is a Tri-Series.

The ACT Rally series rums without CAMS recognition, and is easily the most popular rally series in the country. (NB: MA is not a perfect organisation, but they are 1000x better than CAMS).
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 12, 2009, 09:34:15 pm »
Nathan,
Are you saying that a motorsport event is being run without any interaction with CAM's or FIA?

(BELOW - MY POINT OF VIEW ONLY)
I'm not saying that MA and the SCB's will provide any significant issue, however, they may want a minimum set of standards and protocols met given it's state vs state cross over. As an example if a Victorian issued National licence holder took up a protest or injury claim to the Queensland/NSW SCB then it would get air play. I don't think that it would be a good position for a promoter to be in when they have to deal with MA where they had not been breifed at a minimum. They may not want anything to do with it in any official manner, but i wouldn't think it would be a good idea to leave them out of it.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 12, 2009, 09:35:43 pm »
OK ! so who is in on this Tri Series--I heard a little peep from Magoo before, also
QUOTE:When we were at CD6 a fellow was asked to speak at one of the riders briefing.
He promoted a tri series next year that would see races in Victoria, NSW and Queensland.

No8 is in along with motomaniac,Lozza,damo,Caps,Simon Healy,STW996,Kaw440,OZ555ktm,Nathan and Worms who thinks we are all great visionaries ;D and if it comes west with pre75  ;)  Ross,Tossa and myself,that covers most states of OZ... oh and Firko will lend a hand with publishing.. ;D..
so yep go ahead   8)
YOU HAVE THE POWER
Best is in the West !!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 12, 2009, 09:53:51 pm »
It wasn't what I was saying, but it does happen.

I'm wandering off-topic here, but FYI:
1. There are two alternative sanctioning/insuring bodies for four-wheeled motorsport. AMSAG does gravel rallying in NSW and AASA does everything, all over the country. AASA's insurance has been tested, and is at least equal to CAMS'.
The AASA has taken huge chunks out of CAMS' market share as they assess ideas on their risk, rather than simply saying "No, you can't do that!". Most of the tarmac rallies around the country are now AASA sanctioned, and about half of the circuit races are too.
CAMS' response to it all is fascinating, and I'm happy to detail the little that I know if anyone is wondering about competition outside of the CAMS/FIA, or MA/FIM umbrellas.

2. The ACT Series is made up of all CAMS events, but the series itself is not recognised by CAMS. The 'member' events are variously State Championship, state series, multi-club and club-only events (if they're club-only events, then the host club offers free or dirt cheap day membership. CAMS frowns on this, but does nothing more).
Basically the idea is that the events are just some of many that would be conducted regardless of the ACT series. So the ACT Series is basically just a pointscore applied to a random set of events - and that pointscore is 'invisible' to CAMS (the definitely know that the series exists, its just that its nottheir baby so they ignore it).

I'm not totally familiar with the finer details of MA's rules, but I can't see why a similar idea would fail in the MA world.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 12, 2009, 10:02:18 pm »
And that gentlemen is why I and others have mentioned running it with another clubs club day-too easy  8)
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 12, 2009, 10:08:58 pm »
Talk is cheap , the back bone is pre 75  , when do you get it ? Pre 90is is old moderns . Which corporate sponsor would back a serie with no soul ?

settle Wasp, its pre 85 as well and you just got your glory at the Nats in a pre 85 class  ;D
Pre75 will be around for a few more days yet  8)
cheers
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 10:11:11 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 12, 2009, 10:12:30 pm »
Of the people listed below, who represents QVMX, HEAVEN & VIPER and their respective comittees as an elected spokesperson?
No8, motomaniac, Lozza, damo, Caps, Simon Healy, STW996, Kaw440, OZ555ktm, Nathan & Worms.
(NB: I think you may find that 1 or more of the above are 1 in the same person; ie their real name and alias are both listed)
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 12, 2009, 10:14:26 pm »
It appers at the moment , pre 90 pushers are people that never got any medals in modern or cant afford to buy a modern  bike . But Vintage it is not . :D

each to his own  8)
I though f....k pre 85,pre 90 ,but it has taken me a while and attending a Nationals to recognize that people out there actually do this stuff.... so hey.....so be it  ;D  8)
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 12, 2009, 10:19:40 pm »
Of the people listed below, who represents QVMX, HEAVEN & VIPER and their respective comittees as an elected spokesperson?
No8, motomaniac, Lozza, damo, Caps, Simon Healy, STW996, Kaw440, OZ555ktm, Nathan & Worms.
(NB: I think you may find that 1 or more of the above are 1 in the same person; ie their real name and alias are both listed)

what's wrong with these people having so many names.......so its true what they say about Magoo  :D   ;) weirdo  ;D
so how many are all go for this TRI SERIES EVENT then ??????????
cheers
Best is in the West !!