Author Topic: 2010 VMX Tri Series  (Read 34707 times)

oz555ktm

Re: 2010 VMX Tri Series
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2009, 08:03:52 pm »
Why it was Caned ...

So I am Told !!!!

Too May big event in the year . Rides had race allready planed for the year.
That was the story from the Big Names .

and the Not so fast ride well why pay all that money and travel all that way and Big names would  win the prize money .

as I said something to think about

« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 08:49:34 pm by oz555ktm »

magoo

« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2009, 08:21:07 pm »
Modern racers and Vintage racers are a different kettle of fish so the link is completely irrelevant.

Is there anything positive at all you can see about the idea  Dennis or is it just a failure from the start and not worth talking about?

With that type of negative thinking both the Crawford River Classic and the Conondale Classic would never have had seen the light of day. In the early stages of both events we were told "it won't work, too hard". Well they do work. Special events will always be more exciting than the same thing over and over again.

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2009, 08:23:12 pm »
there is allways someone faster and better than you, so is that the reason why we should all stay home? well maybe i should as i allways finish last, as i only race for the fun of it, and there lies the anwser, i would rather still be riding than sitting at home looking at a mantle piece. oh i can see the groundswell allready, it will be the end of VMX as we know it, all these modern bikes taking over, or is it just that , that this event is for pre 78 up to pre 90? how dare they not include the backbone of our sport. it will fail i tell you, fail, fail fail! but we will have a hell of a time ;D.

one too many beers

Cheers Obama

kaw440

« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2009, 08:33:57 pm »
IF YOU THINK IT IS A BAD IDEA STAY HOME AND DO SOMETHING THAT APPEALS TO YOUR LIKING DONT FLATTEN OUTHERS FOR THERE INJECTION OF INTEREST TO DO SOMETHING TO FUTHER OUR SPORT WE DONT WANT NEGATIVITY

magoo

« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2009, 08:34:47 pm »
I'm with you Trev, it's a pretty pathetic excuse for not turning up simply because you won't win a trophy. The nay sayers have certainly gotta do better that that.

oz555ktm

« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2009, 08:38:34 pm »

Yes Magoo you are wright ..

Vintage and Modern are a different kettile of fish ..

It should be a great event .

Best of Luck  then Bruce ............

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2009, 09:16:03 pm »
Intertwining the series with a State based series will bring a whole world of hurt. The competitors that take the state based competition seriously that have no interest in the Tri-State series wont have a bar of a group of individuals who has never raced prior nor after the event destroy their chance at running out the series in a winning position. I could only imagine the words in the pits if a Victorian and a Queenslander had a coming together and the Queenslander came of worse for wear at a Queensland event. Obviously the same goes in reverse.

Couple of points to also consider.
The State based event would change in status from an interclub event to a National event. Any profit that a hosting club would take away from the event would be swallowed up in the $2000 permit fee (less if SCB’s are onside)
The hosting club would have to boost up the entry fee for that given event.
Last I checked, you are not permitted to enter a National event with a one day license. You must have a Senior National License
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2009, 09:38:20 pm »
Here's a bit of a breakdown of some of the classes we have bounced around:

Evo 125, 250 and Open
Pre '85 125, 250 and Open
Pre '90 125, 250 and Open
Under 45
Over 45
Clubman
Intermediate
Expert

Perhaps add a dedicated 4 stroke class for any four stroke 78  up to 1989 eg XR, TT, DR, Rotax engined bikes, Euro 4T's and any other 4 stroke specials that will fit the pre 90 period. i think that would be a hit as well.

And yeah i think it would need to be pushed in ADB mag and i dont mean a little square in the back few pages, aswell as in the local bike shops.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 10:00:36 pm by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2009, 10:14:56 pm »
im happy to hang a few posters or whatever at work
MUGEN power

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2009, 10:15:51 pm »
might see if the boss wants to get in on it good advedrtising i spose and more bike stores the merrier
MUGEN power

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2009, 11:03:36 pm »
Your on a winner with this one Bruce. I think VMX needs a competition that is above club level and more times a years than the Nats. I could see a 'hard core' group of maybe 10-15 individuals that will do all the rounds, and realisticly they will be in with a chance of winning the series.At a local event there would be a dozen or so riders wanting to beat the import hotshots. Marketing mana from heaven. I reckon all you need is a few 'names' and to give it status and some channel 9 style self importance, ie if you race this series your racing the best in vintage racing.
I think promotion and the 'product position' (like Crown Lager) will be the key to it.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2009, 11:49:16 pm »
Intertwining the series with a State based series will bring a whole world of hurt. The competitors that take the state based competition seriously that have no interest in the Tri-State series wont have a bar of a group of individuals who has never raced prior nor after the event destroy their chance at running out the series in a winning position. I could only imagine the words in the pits if a Victorian and a Queenslander had a coming together and the Queenslander came of worse for wear at a Queensland event. Obviously the same goes in reverse.
The State based event would change in status from an interclub event to a National event. Any profit that a hosting club would take away from the event would be swallowed up in the $2000 permit fee (less if SCB’s are onside)
Last I checked, you are not permitted to enter a National event with a one day license. You must have a Senior National License

Would you really run it at such a competitive level  ???
cheers
I'd also like to add that in my 22 years of motorcycles,I have met more people from other state's of Australia,than NSWelshmen-no disrespect towards NSW  :-*
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 12:26:15 am by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2009, 07:10:52 am »
Bahnsy, turn that frown upside down mate! ( I know that you are giving some valid reasons why it might not work, but you just come across REAL negative is all ).
If this grows legs i will be there. 
You must be able to make it an inter club challenge/ series rather than a national event.
I know i can pack the car and drive down to Victoria and ride a club day when ever i wish, so why cant it be done the same way?
Like a 'special' club day event?
That would be a start, rather than big sponsorship and bells and whistles and heaps of money thrown at it. After all vintage isn't about status, earning a living through sponsorship / prize money. Its about having a good time with like minded mates and getting out and about. Im loving the fact that im getting out, seeing other places and meeting others that have that stupid grin on their face! Its also a good excuse to get out of the chores the wife gives me!

On a side note, i got an email from MAQ about the historic road racing champ's. I have taken this from the email.

Rachael Hern is Race Secretary for the Championships and is overwhelmed with the amount of entries.

“The Championships are going to be huge. We have 175 entries so far and 250 bikes. There are also 30 side cars spanning over 3 eras. The event features bikes from the 1930’s to the early 1980’s” Rachael said.
Im pissed off that we cant generate this kind of support for our national events. As a group, we have serious motivational issues as far as i can see.

Ji Gantor

« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2009, 07:46:50 am »
I think we whinge to much about travelling, we should all take a leaf out of TM Bills book. He has riden in Australia more times than most club members. I am sure that Bill wil be at all the Tri series when the dates are set.
Is there any chance of New Zealand being one of our stops?
Echo Valley is a great track and all bikes Pre78 and up could handle it. The new track under construction at Beenleigh could also be a great venue for the Queensland round.
I am sure Simon could find a track and or venue that the Tri series could be part of. Is there a Cockroach that would like to see a NSW team beat a QLD team.

Ji

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2009, 09:04:12 am »
Bahnsy
This may not be right, why would it have to change?  An "interclub" can have up to 5 invited clubs.
If it's the same in other states, that would be the way to do it.
This is how the Thumpers started.  I guess people said no one would travel for a trail bike MX event back then as well.
IMHO I think the climate is a bit the same now as it was then eg To many wanna Be's & scary tracks.
So go for it.
A class I think would be cool is a U300 Air cooled 4st class.  Bike's cheep & easy to get, good racing & a good step up for juniors.
Cheers
Noel 

The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies