Author Topic: Pre 90 VMX  (Read 46158 times)

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
Re: Pre 90 VMX
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2009, 03:08:11 pm »
I don't know about that "should be in Vicco" comment. Every time I come down there you blokes get me drunk and take advantage of me.

:D as for the drunk bit, from what i have seen its bloody voluntary !

the advantage part would be that Kilt wearing, haggis munching scotsman Macca bloke for sure.  ;D
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

rls840

« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2009, 03:33:50 pm »
So.... Sorry to start you off boys. But i dont think I'm any closer to understanding if Pre 90 VMX or MX is going to happen. I was warned!! LOL

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2009, 03:38:50 pm »
Hey RLS how about you post ups some pics of your nice CR250RG !
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Macca#35

« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2009, 05:24:45 pm »
Hey Hoony
I resemble that comment,
Macca

rls840

« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2009, 06:16:46 pm »
No Worries Hoony. Will do!

magoo

« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2009, 06:34:19 pm »
I must admit that this post has shown rls what he's in for. As to the original question, yes, it will happen, not this year, maybe not next year but by the year after that if the Pre '90 afficianados have any balls it is inevitable

magoo

« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2009, 06:36:01 pm »
As for you mr Macca, who told Hoony about that special time we spent together? Blabbermouth!!

suzuki43

« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2009, 07:34:54 pm »
It will never happen Mike   their all wind and piss 

Long live the good old boys   looking forward to the next 20 yrs of the Classic scramble club 

Sorry a man has a night off amd Magoo reveals the 'dark side' along with more of the same
Dont worry Mike the revolution is coming mate.

and finally oh Ira stop sucking up...... ;)

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 01, 2009, 09:41:52 pm »
 I see my brothers trophies for 1st place pre 85 and Evo from the AUSTRALIAN TITLES 2008.. It was on the same bike, a 81 490 Maico :o which is legal for both classes. ;D
For our family, it was a weekend of good racing, good people and good fun.. Thats why we all went. Thats what VMX should be about.   If the bike fits legally into the class requirements, ride it! more track time, more riders in the race.. win win.  yee haa
 Johnny "O"  are u related to Jazzy "O"?  maybe u should bring your arse down south and give us all a riding lesson.. after all.. sounds like that arse can ride  :-* 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 09:58:22 pm by mxmaniac »
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2009, 09:44:44 pm »
I don't give a toss who enters our races, enduro trials or whatever. I often see PE's and IT's on the startline.
The rules say you can't ride up a class so if you pick Evo you aint ridin pre '85.. Simple.
I only wish you would come to Qld so i can ride an enduro bike and kick your arse!

Are you bringing that enduro bike to VIC for next years Aust titles?
Maico's, the only way to go.

TM BILL

« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2009, 10:25:25 pm »
It will never happen Mike   their all wind and piss 

Long live the good old boys   looking forward to the next 20 yrs of the Classic scramble club 

Sorry a man has a night off amd Magoo reveals the 'dark side' along with more of the same
Dont worry Mike the revolution is coming mate.

and finally oh Ira stop sucking up...... ;)

Wind & Piss Liz Wind & piss ::)

magoo

« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2009, 10:34:28 pm »
I've seen Johnny O ride and yes, he can back it up.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2009, 10:37:24 pm »
I'd gladly ride my 490 Maico in Evo and Pre 85 if i was able but the rules at the titles state you can't ride up a class. I don't make the rules Einstein, i'll take more than 1 bike and do it by the book.
Who the fork are you.. 414's bitch?

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 01, 2009, 10:39:05 pm »
I don't give a toss who enters our races, enduro trials or whatever. I often see PE's and IT's on the startline.
The rules say you can't ride up a class so if you pick Evo you aint ridin pre '85.. Simple.
I only wish you would come to Qld so i can ride an enduro bike and kick your arse!
[/quote]

Are you bringing that enduro bike to VIC for next years Aust titles?
[/quote]

Its not simple at all as the confusion on this thread shows.As long as you have 2 class's with based ondifferent criteia , one  on the year of manufacture and the other on the state of technological developement, that overlap. Then riders like the Baker boys and thier Maico's , Geoff Ballard , Ross Nimmo to name a few will be able to ride both class's unless the one bike per class rule is applied.Then if your have two bikes the same you can still ride both class's and you will still have twin shock bikes racing against linkaged pre 85 bikes .I can't see the issue with that .Back in the day I raced a 1980 model twin shock against single shock bikes the following year.In the US Billy Grossi was campaining a twin shock Husky against single shock jap bike.Denny Shartz won a national in the early eighties on a twin shocked Maico.Mike Guerra rode twin shock Huskies in the 250GP's well into the eighties against the single shock works bikes from Japan.KENT HOWERTON RIDING A TWIN SHOCK SUZUKI WON THE US250GP AGAINST SINGLE SHOCK BIKES INCLUDING THE SINGLE SHOCK WORKS SUZUKI'S THAT THE EURO'S HAD.Hakan Carlqvist continued to ride a non linkage YZM against single shock Honda's,Suzuki's and Kawasaki's.
For those who don't want to see single and twin shock bikes in the same race.What era are you trying to recreate?

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2009, 10:47:53 pm »
I see my brothers trophies for 1st place pre 85 and Evo from the AUSTRALIAN TITLES 2008.. It was on the same bike, a 81 490 Maico :o which is legal for both classes. ;D
For our family, it was a weekend of good racing, good people and good fun.. Thats why we all went. Thats what VMX should be about.   If the bike fits legally into the class requirements, ride it! more track time, more riders in the race.. win win.  yee haa
 Johnny "O"  are u related to Jazzy "O"?  maybe u should bring your arse down south and give us all a riding lesson.. after all.. sounds like that arse can ride  :-* 

GREAT SHOT MAN. I WISH THAT I HAD SEEN IT REAL.