Author Topic: Pre 90 VMX  (Read 46148 times)

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: Pre 90 VMX
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2009, 09:33:04 am »
I don't give a toss who enters our races, enduro trials or whatever. I often see PE's and IT's on the startline.
The rules say you can't ride up a class so if you pick Evo you aint ridin pre '85.. Simple.
I only wish you would come to Qld so i can ride an enduro bike and kick your arse!

firko

« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2009, 09:41:55 am »
Hold the fort while I go and get some Popcorn! ;D

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2009, 09:43:32 am »
Hold the fort while I go and get some Popcorn! ;D
Ha ha.. that's it from me. Got bikes to get ready for next weekend. :)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2009, 09:45:39 am »
All Evo bikes were made pre '85...

Actually, that's not quite right -there's plenty of post-84 Evo legal bikes. DT175s, 513 CZs, CT110s ( ;) ), TS185ERs, XL185s, etc.
For Evo and Pre-85, the actual year of manufacture does matter because neither class has 'follow on' model provisions.

The more I think about it, the more I think that Evo should actually be pre-81. As much as I think that Evo is a brilliant concept (structuring the regs around technology criteria rather than age), while it is the only class that's defined like that, it creates a truck load of dramas (as this thread demonstrates).

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2009, 09:56:41 am »
I'll agree with you on most things there Nathan but a lot of us bought Evo specific bikes to suit the class and we also have pre 85 bikes.
A change in class would leave many people and many bikes out in the cold('81 models).
Evo has worked very well at the race meetings for many years, the only place it isn't working is here on the forum..

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2009, 10:07:45 am »
Yeah, I agree - its too late to change things. My wording would have been better if I'd said that "evo should have been pre-81 instead".

Just thinking out loud, what bikes would be disadvantaged if Evo was replaced by pre-81?
YZ250/465H.
Various (but not all) 81~84 Huskys.
PE250.
81 KXes?
81 Maicos.
Anything else?

The YZ465H would be pre-81 eligible as a carry-over model, and arguably the 250H would also be.
The 81/82 IT250/465s would be carry-over models.
I assume that the non-white tank Huskys would be carry over models (right/wrong?).

It wouldn't be hard to list the post-1980 built bikes that aren't pre-81 legal, and make them specifically eligible.

Remember: I'm just thinking out loud here.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2009, 10:12:09 am »
Just read this thread then looked outside to see the sky has fallen.....

Stats for the 2009 Nats

Pre 85 entries total inc sidecars 70

Pre 75 entries total inc 4 strokes 166  ;)

Source Qvmx site

Yep those pre 75 dinosuars are dying out :D
Doesn't that prove that the later classes aren’t killing off the earlier classes ?

Riding up a class usually isn't allowed, but as Pre 90 is a club level class then the club can choose to run it anyway they see fit.

Evo is that odd class out compared to all the other classes that are defined by year, so personally I don’t see a problem with these bikes running in multiple classes.

You can please some of the people some of the time…..

"Evo has worked very well at the race meetings for many years, the only place it isn't working is here on the forum.."
That goes with many of the supposed problems.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2009, 10:21:35 am »
You hit the nail on the head several times there Geoff. :)

magoo

« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2009, 10:26:46 am »
look what you started rls840 you troublemaker, how dare you even mention the term Pre'90 in N.S.W. lol.
The rules really aren't all that complicated, it's people with their own selfish agendas that make them complicated. Do they ride up classes in Historic road racing? I don't think so. It's simple, ride your bike in it's class. If you want to ride another class, buy a bike that qualifies.
Now, back the original post, we seem to have trouble focussing here.

firko

« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2009, 10:43:22 am »
Despite Magoos pathetically transparent attempt to get me involved by once again slamming my beloved Kevin Rudd, I've deliberately stayed out of this debate as every time I offer up my thoughts they're (wrongly) taken that I'm anti pre 90. I'm tired of trying to get my point through as people from both sides of the argument only read their own wrong   interpretation into what I've said.
"Evo has worked very well at the race meetings for many years, the only place it isn't working is here on the forum.."  That goes with many of the supposed problems.
Hallelujah Geoff!! Why do people keep trying to find holes in an already perfect class? The Evo classes very success is based on its simplicity so why complicate things. It's the same with those trying to find reasons for bikes not to be eligible for pre 65 than finding ways of getting more bikes out there. Methinks there are way too many cyber philosophers, personal agenda jockeys and rule pedants looking for crap to whinge about and not getting out there and building a bike to what rules are there and enjoying the experience.

magoo

« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2009, 11:10:44 am »
Welcome to the debate big fella, I was shattered when you ignored my baiting. I knew your soft spot for Kevin 747 and still that didn't work, I thought you might have been one of the true believers cheering his every word at the A.L.P. conference this week. Now your back I'm happy. Are you one of the 50,000 green workers he's putting on?

firko

« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2009, 11:31:37 am »
note to self: Ignore the silly old facist and take a drive out to Nepean.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 11:48:00 am by firko »

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2009, 01:11:29 pm »
Good old Magoo, the Forum Fisherman with a bucket full of bait and a surf Rod reeling them in.he should be in Vicco since he loves VB & pre 90  ;) Stay out in the deep water Firko, resist that Bait.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 01:13:10 pm by Hoony »
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

magoo

« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2009, 01:47:50 pm »
I don't know about that "should be in Vicco" comment. Every time I come down there you blokes get me drunk and take advantage of me.

« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2009, 01:49:08 pm »
That would explain the way you walk.