Poll

Where should CD7 be held? Remember, this is just to see what people think, it's not a formal part of any decision making the guys from VMX might be doing!

Victoria
34 (24.6%)
New South Wales
29 (21%)
Queensland
66 (47.8%)
Tasmania
2 (1.4%)
South Australia
7 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: CD7...........  (Read 22052 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: CD7...........
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2009, 10:16:56 pm »
On the grape vine the Australian vintage titles next year will be at Broadford, and the Broardford Bonanza the weekend before.

ohh closeenough .... just make it pre 75 freindly and im buying a ticket. :O)

wish it was pre 65 & pre 75 friendly if only,.MA don't give rats about the real era no money in it -sorry but I ain't happy.thought I would not care but i do. :(
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2009, 10:24:00 pm »
why not just ride a little slower to suit the conditions/track ;)
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2009, 10:49:10 pm »

apparently not at Broadford modern track..whilst running a Classic Nats  :-\
others issues like clearance and travel-geez am I mad I don't even compete  ::)
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2009, 10:53:26 pm »
would it be possible to make detours for pre75 bikes then to bypass the big jumps and whoops? They have done that on some tracks in SA before.

maybe ask the people who went to the Bonanza about what they thought of the track?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 10:56:01 pm by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2009, 10:55:54 pm »
would it be possible to make detours for pre75 bikes then to bypass the big jumps and whoops? They have done that on some tracks in SA before.

yer, I shouldn't be so negative-where there is a will there is a way.  :P
Its just that MA wants to run all the biggies together and take the cream.
cheers
Best is in the West !!

mx250

« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2009, 06:08:02 am »
It NOT just a process of deciding a winner and losers, there's other issues like safety ::) and even enjoyment to have a successful meeting. Don't under estimate need for enjoyment. It not much point in having 5 trophy hunters to turn up and the other 30 'enjoyment seekers' stay home because it won't be fun.

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2009, 08:20:38 am »
For the record, the Broadford main circuit CAN be made pre 75 friendly - if they decide to do so.  They did it for Classic Dirt 4, because they were keen to impress us at the time.

I understand that for the Bike Bonanza, the track was NOT modified - probably a cost saving measure, as they didn't get nearly as many dirt entries as Classic Dirt did.

Having said all that, it's extremely unlikely that Classic Dirt will return to Broadford anytime soon.  ;)

As someone else said, there are many factors that determine the location of Classic Dirt and indeed even if it is held at all.  At this stage (so close the the last one) there has been no firm decision whatsoever whether Classic Dirt 7 will be held, when it will be held or where it will be held.

As usual, when a firm decision is made, you guys will be the first to know.  ;D

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2009, 08:38:17 am »
Just to add another 2 cents on this topic.

Ted rightly pointed out that for CD7 to go ahead it will require a commitment from our extremely loyal event sponsors [Suzuki Aust, Engineered Environment, Wiltec, etc]. So how can you assist in making their decision easier? Simple, contact them and tell them how much you enjoyed the event and thank them for their support.

Let Suzuki know how much you enjoyed the event. Tell your local dealer about it or drop them a line to let them know personally. Shoot VMX an email and we can pass them on.

It seems everybody is really happy with the event, so now is the time to tell the world. Spread the word and do your bit to ensure that the sponsors come back next year, nothing is guaranteed in this financial climate so don't rest on your laurels.

How about flooding Motorcycle News, ADB, Dirt Action, Trail Zone with letters and any of the other m/cycle forum sites with stories of how good the event was. Make some noise - something i know you are more than capable of doing [based on Saturday night at CD6].

I dare each of you to take 5 minutes to do it!!! It will make a difference and its is not hard to do.

Thanks
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2009, 08:51:12 am »
AjayVMX and vmx42.......all good points of course    ;)   ;D
Got carried away in the moment and the topic got diverted a bit to the 2010 Nationals at Broadford.  ::)
sorry
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2009, 10:51:57 am »
AjayVMX and vmx42.......all good points of course    ;)   ;D
Got carried away in the moment and the topic got diverted a bit to the 2010 Nationals at Broadford.  ::)
sorry
cheers

Just passionate about pre 75 that's all Alison and good onya
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

TT

« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2009, 02:01:01 pm »
Hey Ajay/Jeff
Who's should I contact at Suzuki to remind them of the good work they're doing?
Peter, Eoin, Perry??

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2009, 04:25:06 pm »
Perry or Sou would be the one to contact.  ;)

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2009, 04:35:39 pm »
For the record, the Broadford main circuit CAN be made pre 75 friendly - if they decide to do so.  They did it for Classic Dirt 4, because they were keen to impress us at the time.

I understand that for the Bike Bonanza, the track was NOT modified - probably a cost saving measure, as they didn't get nearly as many dirt entries as Classic Dirt did.

Having said all that, it's extremely unlikely that Classic Dirt will return to Broadford anytime soon.  ;)

As someone else said, there are many factors that determine the location of Classic Dirt and indeed even if it is held at all.  At this stage (so close the the last one) there has been no firm decision whatsoever whether Classic Dirt 7 will be held, when it will be held or where it will be held.

As usual, when a firm decision is made, you guys will be the first to know.  ;D
Alistar , although I was busy swap meeting at the recent Bonanza.I did hear quite a few complaints about the severity of the jumps on the main track at Broadford and not from pre 75 riders from pre 78 and Evo guys.Apparently there was a seperate track for pre 75 .

gator

« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2009, 05:20:30 pm »
Ross is that you going to Tassie only 1 vote for cd-7  :D :D

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2009, 05:23:40 pm »
Alistair , although I was busy swap meeting at the recent Bonanza.I did hear quite a few complaints about the severity of the jumps on the main track at Broadford and not from pre 75 riders from pre 78 and Evo guys.Apparently there was a seperate track for pre 75 .

Yes, we heard some similar stories as well.

The point is that the GP track at Broadford can be reworked by a dozer to smooth out the jumps and make the track "pre-75 friendly".  This was done for us when we ran CD4.  ;D

Clearly it wasn't done for the Bonanza... ::)