Poll

Where should CD7 be held? Remember, this is just to see what people think, it's not a formal part of any decision making the guys from VMX might be doing!

Victoria
34 (24.6%)
New South Wales
29 (21%)
Queensland
66 (47.8%)
Tasmania
2 (1.4%)
South Australia
7 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: CD7...........  (Read 22042 times)

gator

Re: CD7...........
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2009, 05:28:37 pm »
NO it WASN'T just ask me >:( :'
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 05:30:12 pm by gator »

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2009, 05:32:09 pm »
well that sounds pretty good, if all it takes is couple enthusiastic guys in bobcats to smooth it out a bit, sounds like they are gonna be willing to bend over backwards to work with the vintage guys to make the track vintage bike friendly so if there is an offer to use the Broadford track i dont think it should be refused as you might not ever get offered to use it again and they wont wont want to be bothered to modified the track if theres anothertime, so i think its a wise move to take up the offer to have it there if thats a possibility.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 05:33:41 pm by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2009, 05:36:04 pm »
Well I don't think you can have every thing in the same state.
Wouldn't make much of a holiday,become as boring as bat shit.  :P
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2009, 05:42:03 pm »
maybe there needs to be a survey to ask 'how many people would be willing to travel to WA for CD events'
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

magoo

« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2009, 06:23:33 pm »
Dargle maybe?

All Things 414

« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2009, 06:30:48 pm »
Talking with a person who is 'well up in it' last night and seems now that there will be a big push to build a permanent grass track at Broadford to be used as a regular 'Bike Bonanza' location as well as being used for regular VIPER/VCM meetings and ride days. Maybe you've done us all a big favour here in Victoria.  ;)
Thanks guys... ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 06:46:12 pm by All Things 414 »

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2009, 06:32:02 pm »
Ross is that you going to Tassie only 1 vote for cd-7  :D :D
ha ha!

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2009, 06:34:41 pm »
gator - which Ross you chasing?  Nup I voted Victoria - bit selfish really as I am goin to the Nats in Qld this year and wanted to go somehwere different for CD for a holiday ;D  Thats all.

I actually disagree with Allison - doesn't matter how passionate you are and how much you don't like MA's stance numbers of attendees will decide where it goes - end of story - could you image Al the AFL grand final at Joondalup Arena - horses for courses and we do not have something in WA that could handle 1500 bikes and 460 riders!  I am happy to go where majority rules.  Fact of life.

cheers

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2009, 06:35:35 pm »
Dargle maybe?
Man is that place still going?

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2009, 06:39:36 pm »
maybe there needs to be a survey to ask 'how many people would be willing to travel to WA for CD events'

you assumed I was writing about CD7-but I was writing of Broadford in general.
Even though the topic is CD7  ::)
I'll shut up now  ;D
cheers
Best is in the West !!

gator

« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2009, 07:24:30 pm »
414 old mate :Ross will there be any table top's  ??? :-\ :'(
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 07:27:55 pm by gator »

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2009, 07:33:50 pm »
Well I don't think you can have every thing in the same state.
Wouldn't make much of a holiday,become as boring as bat shit.  :P
cheers
thats funny this year all big events where ... i mean that far north most this side of sydney couldnt be bothered, how does that work for Aussie events when they all cater in the same area, sure fire way of killing off the sport in the other smaller stats i reckon, if so how can it be called true aussie titles if they are all in the same backyard ?
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline JC

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2009, 10:12:44 am »
Gents,

CD6 was 1850km away for me & I'm still in the same state. With relatively cheap airfares these days I just hopped on a plane. Didn't get to ride, but just being there was truly awesome (in the old original sense of the word, when it meant something). The 3rd person I met was Vic James (from WA) & neither of us were comlaining about the distance. Nor were the kiwi guys who came just as far as Vic. One immediately sensed this was special.

I did the same thing last year when it was about 2800km away. Cost me a small fortune just to be there to experience it, & I can ill-afford it, but I just bit the bullet. But the diff between it & this year was truly chalk & cheese. Sure the rain scared people away last year but the venue, tracks, facilities & esp the vibe/atmosphere/comeraderie was exponentially better at Canondale. I had to confess that I was a bit disappointed last year tho I never said so as I didn't want to detract from those who loved it, or from the effort put in by those who organised it. There were certainly highlights (mostly the people I met) but I determined that I wouldn't go again cos it wasn't worth the expense. (No offense to the organisers tho). NSW seemed like a good sensible central location & I tho't it would stay there, but one had to have been there this year to see how so many other things far-outweighed the advantage of a central location.

Last year I didn't even want to ride after seeing the track. Call me a wimp if you like, but my bones almost ached just watching VMX bikes negotiating that track. This year, from the moment I saw the tracks to this very minute I would have loved to have ridden every one of them. But even so, there was so much else to enjoy I haven't got one regret, except that I wasn't there long enough to enjoy more of it.

I only changed my mind at the last minute & went (& there were plenty of reasons why I shouldn't have), & my attitude now is that I'll go to every one that is at a suitable venue (by which I mean large enough to cope w its magnitude & VMX-friendly tracks) wherever it is.

Its a matter of attitude. As the old saying goes; "You do what you want to do". Bite the bullet. Count the cost. Fly there if you have to. Just do it!

Forget the knockers & nay-sayers. Forget the NIMBY (not in my back yard) whinges. Forget the self-interest. If VMX means anything to you, if the fine crew of VMX decides to run CD7 at a suitable venue that can cope w its ever-growing scope, plan to be there wherever it is. You won't regret it.

Promote it. Spread the word around. Offer to help, to ensure its continuance. Build the positive vibe & enthusiasm. And see if the next one can't out-do this one.

It will have to be colossal to do so. CD6 was that good. I almost believe in magic!
Thanks a million to everyone who helped make it so, esp the VMX team, sponsors, Sunshine Coast club & volunteers. Like a thousand or so others, I can't wait till the next one.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 11:33:17 am by JC »

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2009, 11:12:26 am »
JC - nailed it.  ;)

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2009, 11:43:44 am »
OK Big Al

All we need now is the date.

I couldn't do it this year but will be there next year. Conondale you said didn't you, lol?

Like they said on The Castle it's all about the vibe. Sure you can race anytime but a once a year indulgence and a catch up might be just what the doctor ordered !!! Otherwise you start posting in red, lol !!!

Regret to have missed a great weekend

Dave Mac
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted