Poll

Where should CD7 be held? Remember, this is just to see what people think, it's not a formal part of any decision making the guys from VMX might be doing!

Victoria
34 (24.6%)
New South Wales
29 (21%)
Queensland
66 (47.8%)
Tasmania
2 (1.4%)
South Australia
7 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: CD7...........  (Read 22048 times)

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: CD7...........
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2009, 03:48:25 pm »
Hey Freaky,
I can hear what you are saying but it is a bit much to expect Classic Dirt to be the sole stimulus for maintaining VMX participation Australia wide. It can't be anywhere and everywhere.

As I said, you can't keep all the people happy, all the time. Unless you can formulate some kind of alternative REALITY then that is just the way it is. But there is nothing stopping you from promoting your own social VMX event in your neck of the woods if the travel is really the deal breaker.

Unfortunately we live in a big, brown land and long distance travel is just part of that reality. Why not take a leaf out of the Enduro riders book and organise a container to be shipped to the next CD venue, split the cost with your 20 of your mates and fly over for the fun. Where there is a will, there is a way…

Thanks
VMX42

and I promise not to use any more old sayings from now on!!
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

All Things 414

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2009, 04:30:04 pm »
Goodness me. It's ankle deep in here already. I said once it goes north we'll never see it again. Let 'em have it.....  :P

* Actually, how about South Africa or somewhere else realllllllyyyyyyy far away.

Hmm.  I'm not putting spin on your comments...they seem pretty self explanatory to me.  ???

Sorry Ali. What I meant to say there was send all the GOBS realllllllllyyyyyyy far away. Have Classic Dirt whever you want. ;)

firko

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2009, 04:43:00 pm »
Sorry Ali. What I meant to say there was send all the GOBS realllllllllyyyyyyy far away. Have Classic Dirt whever you want
What is your problem matey? This is a positive thread with nothing to do with you but you come on all piss and bluster with a bunch of negative crap about people you know nothing about who attended an event you also know nothing about.
Go and play with your god bothering anti alcohol fun police mates and leave the real vintage enthusiasts alone. I think I speak for most of the forum, good old boys and others when I say that we are sick to death of your hateful and negative slant on everything positive. Stay in Victoria you sad pathetic little twirp and play with your Montesas and leave us fair dinkum and open minded vintage enthusiasts alone.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 05:10:27 pm by firko »

oldfart

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2009, 05:07:12 pm »
Firko let it slide .....mate he's not worth it

All Things 414

« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2009, 05:13:37 pm »
Ok Mark. How's this. We'll take a vote. A poll. All those who think I should go. Those that think I should stay. Someone set it up and after seven days, if I'm voted out, you and the other 'enthusiasts' wont ever here from me again (not here anyway). Can't be fairer than that.
Or Graeme can throw me off now (of course)  :D

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2009, 05:33:40 pm »
My vote would be you could go
Or  just accept that others have fun in different ways to you.Ive been doing VMX since 1991 but it doesnt mean im right and your wrong.I love a good B/q and beer seasion at CD again doesnt mean im right and your wrong.Just respect others enjoyment and move on
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2009, 06:45:53 pm »
I had been to every Classic Dirt ,enjoyed them all and they were all a bit different.CD6 was the first one that I missed - and hopefully the last.
With all the fantastic ravings and those pics I am now seriously depressed,I am going to the next one if its on Australian territory in Antartica! >:(

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2009, 06:53:56 pm »
Sorry Ali. What I meant to say there was send all the GOBS realllllllllyyyyyyy far away. Have Classic Dirt whever you want. ;)

You don't seem to get it do you?  ::)

Your posts on this forum are regularly disrespectful towards other members, which is why everyone arcs up against you.

Why did you call oldschool "Old Phool" for example?  What were you trying to achieve (or even thinking)?

It is also not helpful to your cause to continue referring to "GOBs".  It marks you as someone who has a chip on his shoulder IMO.

Remember the old adage:  "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"  ;)

Rosco400

« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2009, 07:19:51 pm »
How many in attendance for Cd4, Cd5 and Cd6 on an individual basis AJ, I would think the numbers would be a tell tale sign as to the viability of the event for the organisers and sponsors.

I would believe NSW would be central for Queenslanders and Victorians in a geographical sense, but in saying that, I heard from  a reliable source the track prep at conondale was a ripper.

CD5 didnt have the same advantage to prepare the track at Barleigh Ranch due to last years rainfall so pretty hard to make a comparison on that basis.

Also read that 450+ bikes on the track on Sunday morning compared to half that at Barleigh Ranch the year before buta lot of guys wouldnt take a bike out due to the mud factor

Unfortunately I could not make it this year so cant make a logical unbiased decision but by all accounts, it looked like a well run, well prepared event :)

firko

« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2009, 07:24:31 pm »
Ok Mark. How's this. We'll take a vote. A poll. All those who think I should go. Those that think I should stay. Someone set it up and after seven days, if I'm voted out, you and the other 'enthusiasts' wont ever here from me again (not here anyway). Can't be fairer than that.
Or Graeme can throw me off now (of course)  
Ross, I'm not going to contribute by pandering to your weird paranoia, I genuinely don't care whether you go or if you stay.
Just keep posting your bizarre ramblings so the rest of the VMX world can see what you're really about. Life's way too short to pander to people like you so I'll leave you to your own destiny. Just leave me out of it. The Classic Dirt community is a far better place without you and your sick and twisted perspective so and do us all a big favour stay in Victoria.  ;)

ted

« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2009, 07:44:02 pm »
There is one point that everyone has overlooked.

Who says there is even gonna be a CD 7. These things are put on by very generous VMX staffers, sponsors, the trade and probably a lot more people. I`ll bet London to a brick not one of them even comes close to covering costs. Sure they contribute to bring awareness to their businesses but they also give us and the public a chance to ride and look at everything on offer.

Be grateful wherever it is because petty politics will most likely see it gone forever

Stick it on Mars...I`ll go

albrid-3

« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2009, 07:59:47 pm »
On the grape vine the Australian vintage titles next year will be at Broadford, and the Broardford Bonanza the weekend before.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2009, 08:04:59 pm »
On the grape vine the Australian vintage titles next year will be at Broadford, and the Broardford Bonanza the weekend before.

Well that will make the MA coffers happy then.
How very disappointing its so money orientated ...

Back to the topic-Good old Classic Dirt will have to take the peace pipe(not water Pipe  ;) ) for all time Vintage Memories of V&CMX .Long Live Classic Dirt
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2009, 09:45:10 pm »
geezas,i stayed the extra week for the bonanza after the vic historic RR titles,now i have to convince the missus i won't be home this month??? 8) ::)
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2009, 10:10:12 pm »

ohh closeenough .... just make it pre 75 freindly and im buying a ticket. :O)
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff