Author Topic: CD6 free for all  (Read 48442 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: CD6 free for all
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2009, 02:41:46 pm »
and the support crew for wearing the shirt I LOVE TM BILL    :D   ;)  ;D 
cheers
Best is in the West !!

TM BILL

« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2009, 02:59:10 pm »
Yep it was cool Vale could make it :) The last time we got to come to Aussie  together was CD3  ::)

However she cant make it to the nats so ill bring a shirt for you Alison  ;)

I was also reunited with the Bubble boy :D so my world is at peace again  :)

oldfart

« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2009, 03:09:51 pm »
left to right     Firko - Vale - Tm bill
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 03:11:25 pm by oldfart »

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2009, 03:12:40 pm »
mainly interested in the gt80's Freaky i had a mx80 but it got burnt in the bushfires along with my minitrail would like to get one again someday i know where a yz80 is down the road i would really like to talk to the owners of the gt80's that were there or anywhere thanks alot Michael. :)
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2009, 03:27:03 pm »
left to right     Firko - Vale - Tm bill

It June and that's what your all wearing . :o..bloody heck I'm living in the wrong state. ;D
nice design Vale  8)
Shame Vale isn't coming to Nats-would of been good to have a yarn.  8)
cheers
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 04:44:56 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2009, 04:32:44 pm »
Sunday night was flippin' cold, Qld or not - but yes, the days were a truck-load warmer than they are back here in civilisation.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2009, 04:43:55 pm »
Bill always dresses like that. He says it attracts the ladies…
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

oldfart

« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2009, 05:10:03 pm »
The smiles on thier faces says it all  :)

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2009, 05:14:06 pm »
Hey Guys,
Can I also say a big thanks to all involved. Especially Dodgee, Old Fart, Doc, Brad, DJ, TMBill, Woody and all the VMXers I met over the weekend whilst manning the VMX Merchandise tent. Everybody had a smiling, happy face that made the long hours worthwhile. We had visitors from the UK, South Africa, NZ and from all over Australia. The event just gets bigger and bigger.

Thanks to the Sunshine Coast Motorcycle Club boys and girls for all their work [I know they really lightened our workload], and to the ladies in the canteen for the great food and happy faces.

We seem to have broken the Classic Dirt flooding curse and it seems that we were wrong and Chris Malam is actually NOT to blame. Who would have thought!! Perfect weather, perfect track. No dust, very little mud and great sunshine.

The Legends were just that. They all had a ball. Glen Bell still hauls a#s, Gally is still as competitive as ever, Party Boy and Peter Fleming were having a ball and the crowd loved it. Porky is still inspirational and Geoff Ballard just doesn't know when to stop. And Peter Ploen and Anthony Gunter were everybodys favourites.

Thanks again to Suzuki Australia [Perry and Sou especially] Engineered Environments, Wiltec and all the other sponsors. Without them the event would never go ahead.

The standard of the bikes just had to be seen to be believed. At the first Classic Dirt they were still covered in cobwebs from being in the shed for 20 years - they have gotten better and better as the years have gone by, but this years bikes were simply world class.

And lastly to all the VMXers, both old and new, that attended. There wasn't a harsh word all weekend, no bad behaviour. You did your sport credit, which is no mean feat in this day and age. Your average footy club could learn a lot from you guys.

See you next year for CD7 [who knows where?]!!!
VMX42
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 08:12:40 am by vmx42 »
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

TM BILL

« Reply #99 on: June 10, 2009, 05:15:39 pm »
Bill always dresses like that. He says it attracts the ladies…
VMX42

Just to clarify  ;D as the picture shows theres plenty of room for improvment, and women love a challenge  ;)

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2009, 05:21:43 pm »
So Bill you really are just a 'work in progress' eh?
Vally really has her work cut out for her then. Good thing she likes a challenge!!
Can't wait to see the updated [manscaped] TMBill at CD7.
Have a great trip home.
Catch ya soon,
VMX42

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2009, 07:29:40 pm »
C'mon who's got some more pics of the track action . I've started getting my IT465H finished after riding Barsby's YZ465H on the weekend i have too get mine on the track .Thanks mate and Vandy's RT1 was a nice ride i didnt know how hard i could push it around the corners till someone stuffed it up the inside and a few others joined in and it was on for a few laps on the grass track ,great fun i'm even looking for a pre 75  bike maybe .
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2009, 07:43:29 pm »
Yep, made it home at 2pm today after shuffling bikes around SEQ on Monday and setting off yesterday morning.  Travel is really pretty boring on your own for 18 hours.  Anyway...  Thanks to those who organised this show - I have spoken to a few personally, but for those I missed  - a huge thank you.
Had a ball - will be back next year with another 12 months of riding under my belt ;).  I'll make someone else put up the tarp (especially the banging the pegs in part) next time.  It's funny - I picked up the shovel to help Noel dig the hole, turned around and the place was deserted  ::)  ;D  ;D.  Was a good laugh.  Some smartass put the punctured piece of pipe in my ute, so I am going to mount it as a trophy and make it the "what are the odds" trophy or the "shit happens" trophy to be presented at the next CD.  Seriously.... in a paddock that big in the middle of frickin' nowhere, what are the odds of driving a 250mm peg dead centre through a 50mm water pipe ???
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2009, 08:04:54 pm »
Got to give my shout out to the Sunshine Coast Motorcycle Club and VMX magazine for putting on the premier event in the southern hemisphere (never been north to compare).
Great to see the usual suspects again and met some new.
The Kiwi boys were a pleasure. 
I feel like i have come down from the biggest high, almost depressed coming back to reality.
Cheers all and lets do it all again next year.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2009, 08:46:19 pm »
My still-dis-jointed thoughts from CD6...

Qld is a long way from Yass... Its a ~3000km round trip, and I know others drove further (including Barsby who drove solo). We didn't try to set any land-speed records, but the whole trip was 6 days.

Don (DG26) and Peter (CrossedUp2) are good travelling companions - Pete plays mum ("Have you got sunscreen?" etc), Don is forever on the wisecracks. Neither trust the GPS, though. :D

I somehow managed to miss virtually everyone I specifically wanted to catch up with, but managed to talk to a stack of others.

Scored some bargains, inc a pile of not-too-used tyres (average price is about $8 each), a 75 Montesa Enduro with a Cappra motor, a YZ250G gearbox, an MX125C head and some plastics. Overall, the swap meet side of things seemed smaller than previous years.

Didn't quite clear Drunk's Hill, but I know I can do it. If I don't do it at the Nationals, then everyone is welcome to come and abuse me. Cleared the reverse direction pretty regularly though.

Seemed to be a lot fewer of the casual/'Farmer Joe' types out there. Definitely a lot fewer blokes wearing old jeans and flannos on their bikes than in previous years. Also a lot fewer scruffy bikes.

Mark 'The Crasher' Birkett tested the durability of my KDX, and it came through with only minor flesh wounds. Young Doug also rode it, and I'm glad I didn't see how fast he was on it, because I know he'd have made me look ultra-slow. :D

The stories about Mr K Smth and his slowness on a bike are true - I always thought that they were poetic licence.

Damn - I must owe Barsby some beers. But not as many as Mainline does. ;D

Vinduro course was a ton of fun, although I'm now trying to figure out what as gained by limiting access to bikes with headlights (before the event, it seemed like a sensible idea, but now I just don't get it).

Big thanks to Dennis, Don, Tony, Pete, Gerard, Graeme, Bill and Mick for the ride on their bikes. :) I had many more rides lined up, but either I forgot or the bike in question wasn't available when the time came - but thanks anyhow.

I also owe thanks to the people that helped transport stuff back to civilisation: Graeme, Snowy, Vandy and (obviously) Pete/Don.

So yeah, another top event - big congratulations and thanks to the people that made it happen.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.