Author Topic: CD6 free for all  (Read 48431 times)

Ji Gantor

Re: CD6 free for all
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2009, 09:07:43 am »
Hi JC,
It was great to finally meet you.
I also wished you had more time to spend in our camp.

What a great concept.
Get a bunch of people together that love the past and make it new again,
Shiny paint and that new vinyl seat smell,
Add in some legends that still go fast and jump high,
Jam us all onto "The Holly Grail" of dirt bike tracks,
Add in the text friendships gained on OZVMX forum and
open the gate to the public so they can see what we have all done in our sheds and still feel the same excitement watching these past steeds roar around the track and fly effortlessly through the air.

Classic Dirt will become bigger than the Pro MX series as I believe there were 1000 bikes this year.

Ji

Offline HuskyPete

• A-Grade
  • Huskys Only, maybe a CCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2009, 09:23:21 am »
Two legends met up at CD 6 for the first time since they last raced at Lexington Ohio in 1973
Matt Daley and Laurie
1967 360 Viking, 1969 360 Cross, 1974 250 Mag x 3, 1974 400 Cross x 1, 1974 450 WR, 1975 250GP, 1976 250 WR, 1978 390 Auto, 1982.5 500 Gold Bullet. 1976 390 OR, 78 CCM

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2009, 09:27:31 am »
Wow i just got home and that was another awesome event  i had a ball ,Thanks to everyone who helped me out getting my bike and Gear there (Bahnsy) and the guys who helped out with Camping Gear and Special Comments over the weekend .When i was'nt riding i was having a drink and a Laugh thanks (Sargent Vandy,Lord of the Dance Mainline,and 40 year old Virgin YZ250H ). And to the VMX crew thanks for the weekend and to the Conondale Crew well done everything was spot on . And to all the Forum Farts it was good to catch up for beer and a ride .
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline HuskyPete

• A-Grade
  • Huskys Only, maybe a CCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2009, 09:29:57 am »
Multiple Australian Champion Matt Daley on my 1969 360 Husky in the Legends Display
1967 360 Viking, 1969 360 Cross, 1974 250 Mag x 3, 1974 400 Cross x 1, 1974 450 WR, 1975 250GP, 1976 250 WR, 1978 390 Auto, 1982.5 500 Gold Bullet. 1976 390 OR, 78 CCM

Offline JC

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2009, 09:31:08 am »
Cookies' GP2 Phantom
that was right next to where we were set up JC.
Cookie, a nicer fella you wouldn't meet. he helped us out with setting up/packing up, always had a freindly word etc a great bloke.
and it was good to catch up with you too JC even if it took us a few moments to work out who each other was. i'll dig up those websites we discussed and send them over in the next day or so.
 :)
[/quote]

Hi Vandy,
What you said about Cookie was very true, & the same could be said about you! It was one of the highlights for me meeting you & talking about yr RT1 mods etc. So friendly & informative. VMX at its best. Many thanks. I'll look forward to those websites.

Offline JC

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2009, 10:06:10 am »
Pete, that was a treat seeing Mat Daley on yr husky too. He still looks soo fit & healthy. The Husky looked trim & terrific too (to put it mildly). What a timeless picture they made.

Thsi was the 1st bike I set eyes on at CD6. Sure whetted the appetite

822KX

« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2009, 02:33:31 pm »
Hi Guys,
     Looks like it was an awesome weekend, very disappointed that work got in the way. Thanks to everyone that put pictures up, it is the next best thing.
Cheers.

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2009, 04:15:03 pm »
What a weekend! Had a great time catching up face to face with blokes I hadn't seen for years. Got to meet a whole lot of new characters as well. The setting was fantastic, the tracks great! Couldn't believe how little they cut up over the weekend, really brought back the reality of the need to separate Vintage and Moderns, unfortunately something we can't do in North Queensland. The band, the Q and A, the food, the bar just made it such a great experience. Being my first CD I was amazed with the quantity and superb quality of the motorcycles. Would love to know how many were roughly there as it was huge.

To the VMX Mag organising crew, thankyou for the effort it certainly will be the hi-light of my year. Well done to the Sunshine Coast MX Club, the SES and the School's P and C for all their efforts. The Scout truck with loads of wood for sale what a gem!
Hopefully we can leave the boys alone for a little while to recover as I feel its probably like running a marathon. Directly after the event they say never again, but start back training the following week! Take care all and catchyou round the traps.
NQ Rosco.

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2009, 04:43:31 pm »
Thanks to everyone for making it a fantastic W/end.
Thanks Shoey & the Husky boys for the hospitailty ;D ;D.
It was great to meet a heap of forum member's. 
Even fixing the pipe that got stabed was fun, thanks guys.
Noel   
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

firko

« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2009, 05:22:17 pm »
Just back from the marathon drive to report that the 'Good Old Boys' had a hoot of a time meeting old mates and making new friends. Thanks to Chippy for setting up Kamp Kevlar, the Sunshine Coast MCC and most of all Ken, Ajay and Jeff for going to the extreme to make sure that this was by far the best Classic Dirt ever. It was great to party with Chris Malam and his lovely shiela Vee from the UK, the weird and wacky Team Husky and those Pesky Kiwis led by Mike Jolley, TM Bill and DJ, not to mention the lovely Val and birthday girl Karen. The vibe at CD6 was beyond cool with not a frown, argument or shit slag to be heard or seen anywhere all weekend.

It'd take a damn good club and a damn good venue to top this years amazing effort. Our vote for CD7 goes to a return to Conondale. It'd even be worth the trip for those Victorians that seem to think they've been slighted by it not being in their backyard.

On a slight thread twist, Mike Jolley misplaced his camera at Conondale which contained all of his memories of the event including his great ride on Dave Tanners RN400. The Camera is a metallic blue Fuji brand held held mini digital and Mike 'thinks' he lost it in the vicinity of the shower area. There's a few beers in it for anyone who found it. If you found it, PM me or Bazza for details on returning it.........

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2009, 06:20:42 pm »
Just got home after a fairly epic road trip with CrossedUp2 and DG26, and am buggered (despite a deliberatly low-stress day today).

Two words for the whole weekend:

F$%king tops.

These two words apply to the company, the venue, the organisation, the bikes - pretty well everything except the travelling...

Will post more later, sleep now.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

basil44

« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2009, 06:29:34 pm »
That would have to be the best VMX meeting in the WORLD bar none! even after all the rain leading up to it the 4 tracks were perfect. One Trillion thanks to Ken,AJ,Jeff, the Sunny Coast Motorcycle Club, the Legends and everyone else involved for a specticle never seen like this for our SPORT, PASSION,HOBBY or whatever it means to YOU! Too all the people who coudnt make it you have got 12 months to get your act together because everyone you miss out on is one you dont catch up on. CD7 WILL be at Conondale. If you have any doubts about it then come to the VMX Nats in August and see for yourself (where else are you gonna see 40 500cc twostrokes blasting off and all the other full classes doing the business) First there was Motox, then Conondale and Classic Dirt, the GODS are smilling on us people, take the ride!!Heaven is below the Maleny fog.For four days I never saw a grumpy or angry person, thats got to be good for you! Cant wait for the Nats, see you all there. Cheers John.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2009, 07:29:19 pm »
I am with you guys about how good the Conondale track is for these vintage events. The Nats should be huge, I hope the club can do a little marketing to bring in heaps of spectators and really spread the word. SEQ was a real hotbed of dirtbike activity in the late 70s/early 80s, and there must be hundreds of guys from those days still around and keen to get hooked on VMX!

As for CD7, well, yes, I'd be back like a shot if it is at Conondale. CD6 was the perfect weekend. Just too short!  ;D

I didn't manage to do half of what I wanted to. Didn't watch the trials, didn't watch the vinduro, didn't ride the vinduro, didn't see some of the people I wanted to. But I DID ride both tracks, did see the legends, did hang out on Friday and Saturday nights and talk more shit than is normal, did see more great bikes than you could believe, did talk to old faces and new, did... it just goes on.

But you know what really stood out? The quality of bikes and riding. The first few CDs I went to were great, but it was early on and there was a much less 'competitive' atmosphere in that there were lots of trailies and guys just out for a casual cruise. Lots of XT500s, XL500s, TS Suzis and so on. Each year since, the kinds of bikes, the quality of the restorations, and the riding skills have improved. This year was outstanding, with some superb looking bikes and very fast people. I'm not suggesting that Classic Dirt should lose its appeal to the average Joe, but it IS interesting to see how much the level of the participation has changed over the years.

worms

« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2009, 08:15:21 pm »
ok , i think we should make allllllllll the honda riders camp together, thats all ;D

how bloody great was that, 460 riders going around, grining from ear to ear, did the enduro loop on the yz , stagered down to the trails, too many people to say hi too, beers allways placed in ones hand even at 2am in the morning, great bikes and great people.

i dont think you can top it, but i hope they do.

Cheers Trev
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 08:28:27 pm by worms »

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2009, 09:28:33 pm »
unreal event best i have been too
never got to ride all the bikes offered to me
lost spark on big 500 suzuki on sunday :'(
so rode my rm 370 did a bit of jetting
got it running good
rode my canam for first time shit its fast unreal
track was perfect tacky nice ruts in corners and all jump ramps perfect
legends laps were cool  ballard and gall going at it
and brian flemming and dave armstrong as well
swap meet was pretty good plenty of bargains
bike standard excellent not many dungers
i reckon there would have been 1500 bikes there
mx track was full both days  ;D
i dont think there were any injuries either ;)
unreal job by vmx and sunshine coast club ran like a swiss clock :)

who was the forum HONDA rider who spewwed on a MAICO    cool 8) it doest get better than this ;D
follow me to first turn