Author Topic: CD6 free for all  (Read 48451 times)

oldfart

Re: CD6 free for all
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2009, 08:49:08 pm »
Saturday night                         The band
                         " rock on "     

oldfart

« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2009, 08:58:11 pm »
After dark, and the ales are a flowing ....."The baker " turns up and we chat for an hour  ;D

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2009, 02:12:07 am »
Vandy's RT1 was a nice ride i didnt know how hard i could push it around the corners till someone stuffed it up the inside and a few others joined in and it was on for a few laps on the grass track ,great fun i'm even looking for a pre 75  bike maybe .
this ones gotta be told Hilly,
Hilly was a bit unsure as to whether the big RT1 would "bite" him or not so reluctantly headed off for a ride on the pre~75 track. well he's gone for a while so we all asumed he was doin ok and when he came back, big grin! ;D he tells us about "bangin elbows" with some 125 rider and "it was on! man!"
later that night i'm chattin with a mate of mine that bought Graemes old TM125 and he tells me he was "bangin elbows" with some guy on one of my bikes and carried on with the "it was on! man!" story.
it was almost word for word exact from two different guys that didn't know each other. 8)
sorry this pics blurry Hilly but it's the only one i have of you :)
"flat bickie"

DR

« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2009, 06:04:33 am »
Anyone got the pic of the OzVMX group??  of the 800 or so pictures from this event I've perused already, it appears I'm an extremely elusive type as I'm yet to find a pic anywhere to prove I WAS actually there! :D I'm not even in the background :P but eh, with 1500 odd bikes and 460 riders I'm not overly surprised either! :o 8) jeez it was good..I want to do it all again this weekend!!

mx250

« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2009, 06:11:30 am »
, so I am going to mount it as a trophy and make it the "what are the odds" trophy or the "shit happens" trophy to be presented at the next CD. 
A top idea 8) ;D.

firko

« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2009, 07:49:44 am »
Anyone got the pic of the OzVMX group??
I'm sorry I missed this and it was taken at Kamp Kevlar too! I was off talking to someone or other and totally forgot about it. Some of the other GOBs got in though. I also dipped out on getting a nametag. Any idea on why? ???

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2009, 08:11:19 am »
Firko, the nametags were in VMX Central...did you try there?  ;)

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2009, 08:22:36 am »
Hey Guys,
I just got an email pointing out that I thanked everybody in my previous post but made a mistake in not mentioning the Sunshine club. So to correct that, here goes;

THANKS TO THE BEST CLUB WE HAVE WORKED WITH ON ANY OF THE CLASSIC DIRT EVENTS. THE SUNSHINE M/C CLUB WERE JUST FANTASTIC. NOTHING WAS A PROBLEM, AND IF THERE WAS SOMETHING THAT NEEDED TO BE DONE, THEY WERE THERE BEFORE ANYBODY EVEN HAD TIME TO MENTION IT.

So please accept my appologies for my omission. I will claim exhaustion and old age as my defence. But again, thanks to all the Sunshine guys and girls for an amazing effort that really helped with our workload. Just fantasticā€¦ [am I off the hook now?].

If that is how they always work then the Nationals in August will be another event not to miss!!!

Thanks
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2009, 08:29:54 am »
Yeah, let me back that one up.  :o

The Sunshine Club and indeed even Motorcycling Queensland were totally supportive and were, by and large, responsible for the incredibly efficient running of the event.  Thanks guys (and girls)!  ;D

I, for one, am now looking for excuses to go back to QLD to the Nationals...  ;) (and no, I don't ride  ::) )

firko

« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2009, 09:21:10 am »

Kamp Kevlar left half

Some of the evil GOBs. Scary eh? Frank Stanborough on the far right is 72 and almost died of prostate cancer last year. He gave a speech after recieving the KK Bling Award for his superb Manx Metisse and said that building bikes for Classic Dirt and VMX has given him a reason to get up in the morning after going into a pretty bad bout of depression after his illness. We managed to talk him into bringing the Norton along to CD5 last year and the rest is history. He worked all year to get his NSU Sportmax powered Greeves ready for CD6 but was let down at the last minute by a dodgy supplier. You couldn't shut him up talking about his Manx and almost finished Greeves to anyone who had 5 minutes to listen however. Frank even even had a couple of Margaritas and some of Basils evil Moor-Geist Schnapps and rocked on to Ajays band, especially bopping his head to the Status Quo numbers! Franks now an official GOB and Klub Kevlars resident father figure and engineering guru;D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 09:28:47 am by firko »

firko

« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2009, 09:25:07 am »

Chippys trailer

My Boyd and Stellings almost ran but suffered a gear selection problem so it remained parked. Methinks it's going to be a pretty handy race bike and a quick comparo showed it to be even lighter than DaveTanners exotic RN works bike. A rough weigh in with two sets of bathroom scales had her at 180lbs.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 09:41:18 am by firko »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2009, 09:38:41 am »
Great stuff Firko and everyone for the pics  :P

got this one off a modern forum:
Message: My old man went down and did a bit of work around the trail loop and mx track for belly in the week leading up to it then took his PE down on the saturday and said it was awesome! Reckons the legends race was great and couldn't believe how quick they were going round that track!

Would have been a great event there were so many good lookin bikes heading there on saturday morning!
Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2009, 09:43:03 am »

Rosco86 and I go back to the 92 Nats where we were both aboard Maicos and substantially lighter ::). It was great catching up with him and his nice family at Conondale. Ross had his beautiful Triumph Metisse and '73 CCM along for the journey down from Mackay.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 09:48:55 am by firko »

firko

« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2009, 10:37:46 am »

Two of Aussie Motocrosses living legends, Laurie Alderton and Vern Grayson. You could write a book based on their adventures over 50 years of riding dirt bikes. These days as well as still racing, Vern is building an aeroplane under his house and Laurie competes on the seniors sail boarding circuit. Laurie rode well in the legends laps despite a tweaked shoulder he got while sailboarding and Vern would have had his equally famous Cheney Triumph at Conondale except for the fact that it was blocked in by the 'plane fuselage. He promised he'd bring it along next year. Pretty impressive stuff considering both blokes are well over 70!

Steve Gall, Anthony Gunter, Geoff Ballard and Andrew Bailey get ready for their Legend Laps
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 10:40:28 am by firko »

Offline bingil 6

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2009, 10:59:48 am »
What am I doing wrong? can't view the pics that Firko posted, just get the small square with the red cross in it up the top L/H side