Author Topic: CD6 free for all  (Read 48439 times)

husky61

Re: CD6 free for all
« Reply #150 on: June 12, 2009, 10:18:42 am »
Hey Snowy

Ribbo and I were on the enduro loop very early on Saturday , it had not had many bikes over it at that time and it was awesome.

We rode it again later and it was very muddy and it was even better. The uphill section with the creek directly in front of it that kinked left and then right was as good as it gets.

Each time we came around to this spot there were a number of riders laying on that particular section trying to get down to have another shot, some of the slides back down to the creek were quite amusing.

The very steep down hill section was a bit tricky on the auto's due to the lack of engine braking , but on the over hand it was fantastic.

Great loop. If the MX track wasnt so good we would have stayed on the loop all day.

Shoey

Offline JC

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 12, 2009, 10:24:23 am »
Mark,

No it (lowered RT1) was the other one. I don't know the rider but I spoke at some length to Gary, who had a hand in building it, & told me many of its tricks/'secrets'.

Spoke for even longer w Vandy about his too. Both guys very friendly, helpful & informative. Great to see such pre-70 bikes out there.

Just sooo much to take in that day. Fantastic.

Jimmy

« Reply #152 on: June 12, 2009, 10:52:00 am »

I thought the Enduro loop was great.  I enjoyed it so much on the Sunday that I never made it back to the MX track.  The mud certainly made steering 'optional' and my KX (with Dolphin-torch headlight) is now one big pile of mud.  I'm guessing my bike will look gumby if those creek crossing photo's do surface..

I did one enduro loop - the Hard sections, with a guy on a PE.  Half way up the long hill he disappeared as I struggled up in first gear.  Next year I'll bring a new rear tyre and I'll show him..

To be able to ride the MX and enduro tracks on the one weekend and on the one bike was fab.

Thanks organisers!

husky61

« Reply #153 on: June 12, 2009, 12:35:36 pm »
Thanks Walter , glad you enjoyed it.

« Reply #154 on: June 12, 2009, 05:13:20 pm »
The 112 RT1 is owned by Mitch Simmons. His dad is Gary.
The bike looses nothing in straight line speed to my dads side pipe 360, which is saying something.

Offline DR500

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 12, 2009, 05:21:08 pm »
I too would like to thank everyone who was involved in CD6,what a fantastic weekend,even got the XS 650 a little air bourne over drunks hill.{once was to many!!} Had ago first up on saturday at the Vinduro track on the Dr500 and got bogged half way up the steep hill,then had the fun of slipping off the edge with the bike on top of me,was glad to get out in one piece.{Knew i should have brought a new tyre!!} Had the Rm125 going great at last until the head gasket went in a cloud of white smoke and steam.Looking forward to the next CD7.Cheers.

oldfart

« Reply #156 on: June 12, 2009, 06:02:24 pm »
Jimmy, was that you  :) sorry I was enjoying myself
It was late in the arvo Sunday and Brad alot wants to do a loop of the Enduro circuit  ;)
So what bike does he take  Cr 250 fox shocks and all  ::) we get to the first slippery down hill and sharp left no problems ( hells gully ) then proceed to bog gully up hill .I sit on bike and point try that out ( ruts and grooves all over the place ( shoey favourite spot ) no effort at all .... I cheated and took the BYE PASS .......rest of loop was a breeze
It must of been close to 3 pm and the track was pretty well cut up but still enjoyable .

Jimmy

« Reply #157 on: June 12, 2009, 06:35:49 pm »
Jimmy, was that you  :) sorry I was enjoying myself
It was late in the arvo Sunday and Brad alot wants to do a loop of the Enduro circuit  ;)
So what bike does he take  Cr 250 fox shocks and all  ::) we get to the first slippery down hill and sharp left no problems ( hells gully ) then proceed to bog gully up hill .I sit on bike and point try that out ( ruts and grooves all over the place ( shoey favourite spot ) no effort at all .... I cheated and took the BYE PASS .......rest of loop was a breeze
It must of been close to 3 pm and the track was pretty well cut up but still enjoyable .

No worries...  It would be hard not to have fun on a loop like that.  I just wish my bike was running nicely so that I could have roosted (or tried!) up some of those hills.  Already planning for next year - no what State hosts it..

Jimmy

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 12, 2009, 07:55:29 pm »
Hi guys and girls

I have hijacked Johnny's feed and attached a link to some pics taken of CD6 if anyone interested in taking a look.  May I suggest looking at them through slide show mode.  Some maybe out of focus but felt they were better than no pic at all  ;D Hope you like otherwise don't wanna know. ;)

Enjoy
Thanks Dan   

http://s629.photobucket.com/albums/uu20/dnllou/
http://s629.photobucket.com/albums/uu20/dnllou/?albumview=slideshow

« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 08:06:40 pm by JohnnyO »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 12, 2009, 08:12:35 pm »
][/url][/img]

is this Dunks hill or is it up in the tree line ?????
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 12, 2009, 08:21:51 pm »
That's drunks going over the first time.. you come back over further along the hill.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #161 on: June 12, 2009, 09:14:10 pm »
Thankyou for the Can Am pics JC
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

« Reply #162 on: June 12, 2009, 10:50:19 pm »
Hi guys and girls

I have hijacked Johnny's feed and attached a link to some pics taken of CD6 if anyone interested in taking a look.  May I suggest looking at them through slide show mode.  Some maybe out of focus but felt they were better than no pic at all  ;D Hope you like otherwise don't wanna know. ;)

Enjoy
Thanks Dan   

http://s629.photobucket.com/albums/uu20/dnllou/
http://s629.photobucket.com/albums/uu20/dnllou/?albumview=slideshow

You were a busy bee, heaps of great pics there. You could have photo shopped my gut a bit. Your lens makes me look fat!
No. 31 seems a bit of a fav. Slow riders are easy to capture  :D

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 13, 2009, 09:13:58 am »
Gotta keep the boss happy :-*.

Couldn't capture the move this time but thought you may prefer
this pic from previous Conondale ride..

« Reply #164 on: June 13, 2009, 09:46:28 am »
 ;D Thats my Elvis move, to go with the riding gear. Looks like im thinking of exiting, stage left.
Thanks Danielle (spelling?)